Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Clemson ranked #1 in the ACC with Most Engaged Fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Football Update: Clemson ranked #1 in the ACC with Most Engaged Fans

Jul 22, 2013, 11:21 AM

Clemson ranked #1 in the ACC with Most Engaged Fans

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Facebook and Twitter? How about TNet?!?***

Jul 22, 2013, 11:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Evidently,

Jul 22, 2013, 11:35 AM

they don't count scoks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Clemson ranked #1 in the ACC with Most Engaged Fans

Jul 22, 2013, 11:29 AM

Wow talk about an obscure way to collect info to rank teams.

null

congrats to everyone and good luck in your wedded bliss***

Jul 22, 2013, 11:32 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The metrics they used were stupid.***

Jul 22, 2013, 12:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe we could enclose The Hill... J/K.***

Jul 22, 2013, 12:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2013, 12:37 PM

Based it on twitter followers? we have 2 of the most popular college players in sammy and tajh, stupid way to rank imo

Must have counted fax machine usage as well***

Jul 22, 2013, 1:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These stats are flawed.

Jul 22, 2013, 1:19 PM

They don't take into account, population & size of alumni-base. And you can't use number of twitter/fb followers as a means to gauge how engaged the fans are. All that indicates is who has the most followers, NOT how engaged those followers are. Michigan's alumni-base is so large that they're going to have more followers, but that doesn't mean that those fans are more engaged than the fans of smaller schools.

More Clemson fans getting married than any other ACC team?***

Jul 22, 2013, 1:26 PM

My girlfriend wishes I was Engaged.

Jul 22, 2013, 3:12 PM

to her obviously.. for about 4.5 years now.

Jul 22, 2013, 3:14 PM

Here's the entire report:

http://www.ticketcity.com/helpful-links/news-articles/college-footballs-most-engaged-fans.html

Not a very well thought out algorithm

Jul 22, 2013, 3:30 PM

Maybe it is an "Al Gore rithm"

Average total attendance, all games (5)
Average home attendance (10)
Average ticket price, all games (5)
Average home game ticket price (10)
Percentage of stadium capacity filled at home games (10)
Facebook likes & Facebook "talking about" (6)
Twitter following (3)

Have a smaller stadium, play teams with huge stadium capacities, raise ticket prices and lower seat priority prices.

Maybe they should look at combined Internet site traffic - Tigernet, Rivals, Scout and 247?

Maybe they should look at enrollment percentage?

Maybe they should look at average home attendance versus enrollment, living graduate numbers and population figures within a 20 mile radius?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Maybe they shouldn't even try. The metrics are flawed.***

Jul 22, 2013, 3:37 PM

Clemson ranked #1 in my book with Most Engaged Fans

Jul 22, 2013, 6:52 PM

Check out the statistics of Enrollment vs. Avg. attendance. Clemson BLOWS away the other 25 schools. Not even a contest.

#1? Not even close man. Take off the rose colored glasses.

Jul 23, 2013, 5:12 AM

Have you guys actually visited other team forums/message boards? Go check out Bama's for starters. Do a google search of "Alabama football fan forums" and then click on those sites to see what those forums look like and how much traffic they get via visits & responses to their open threads. I checked out one of their forums last year after we gained Nkemdiche's verbal just to see what kind of smack they were talking, and I walked away in aw and depressed simultaneously. There were 65 pages worth of posts (840 of them) discussing it in a thread titled "Robert Nkemdiche Decommits from Clemson". That's more than what Tigernet had going on and Nkemdiche wasn't even their verbal. Here's the link to the thread:
http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161589

And yes, you'll notice it's an actual forum with actual threads, all nice and neat and properly organized unlike the chaos of this place that entails confusingly random posting that makes online socializing difficult. Heck, just trying to sign up for the Bama site to comment in the Nkemdiche thread was a vetting process.

Then, afterwards, perform the same google task with Clemson and look at our involvement. It's somewhat deflating for anyone who held a previous belief that Clemson & Bama are about on par with each other. I'm not fluffing Bama here but rather offering a dose of reality to everyone- that the fan base as a whole still needs to take it up a notch if we truly want to be among the elites b/c what transpires in the internet world is stuff that recruits see and are influenced by, and it's obvious Clemson's online fan society has some catching up to do. How many actual forums do we have? 2? TheClemsonInsider & TheTigerFanForum? The traffic on both combined is unfortunately like a ghost town compared to one of Bama's forums. And we don't even have our own recruiting page at ESPN Recruiting Nation (under "Nation Sites").

Point taken but what I was trying to point out is that for

Jul 24, 2013, 6:47 PM

total undergrad enrollment of the school, the passion that is shown in the football stadium is higher for Clemson than almost any other school I can think of. The article was written by TicketCity which is only interested in volume which equals more cha-ching (dollars) not passion or engagement.

You are probably right that on sheer volume the other school fans blow us away but my point was that quantity doesn't equal quality or volume doesn't equal passion.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic