Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Clemson has something to prove on Sat.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,479

Football Update: Clemson has something to prove on Sat.

Oct 27, 2011, 11:16 AM

Clemson has something to prove on Sat.

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo needs to drill into these guys' heads that theres only

Oct 27, 2011, 12:10 PM

one poll that matters...the one at the end of the season.

Re: Football Update: Clemson has something to prove on Sat.

Oct 27, 2011, 12:15 PM

Ok, so at what point has Clemson proved that they aren't a risk to lose every game they're supposed to win? I understand why the media has this perception of Clemson based on the recent past, but we've made it through two of what would be considered potential "let down" games in the past two weeks. Can we stop beating that horse now? If we lose a game this year, I don't think that automatically means that we've choked. Sometimes you just lose.

Keep your d@mn sammich. I'm going to McDonalds.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2011, 12:20 PM

Totally agree with you. If we end up 10-2 and go to the ACC championship game is that good enough to get rid of this silly talk of us always losing every trap game?

We were 6-7 last year and Dabo was on the hot seat so I consider most of this season a bonus as we have played far better than expectations.

Oct 27, 2011, 2:06 PM

I see where you guys are coming from but GT has been the "fly" in the ointment more than once or twice. I'm hoping Clemson really puts it on GT but 2009 wasn't that long ago. We owe them a whoopin that effectively eliminates them from championship contention (division).

F-U, HD***

Oct 27, 2011, 4:08 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2011, 5:48 PM

The same talking heads that predict our downfall are the same ones that did not predict our rise. GO TIGERS!!!

Clemson doesn't have to prove a #### thing.

Oct 27, 2011, 6:27 PM

We're 8-0. We might finish 12-0, we might finish 10-2 or 11-1. I doubt any worse than that.

Georgia Tech is not a "trap" game. They might beat us, but it's not a "trap" game. If we lose, that takes us out of the national championship race. That's all it does. It doesn't make us the Clemson of 2009, or 2010, or 1932 (no, I have no idea what happened in '32).

Might make us the Clemson of '89.

Anyway, I think this team continues to prove to us that they are who they are, and not who someone who writes for ESPN thinks they are. They sure as the UNDERWORLD are not the team that KC Joyner thinks they are. Fortunately, KC Joyner has heard of Clemson. Not sure the reverse is true. VERY sure KC Joyner didn't watch either of our last two games before he wrote that inaccurate drivel.

Is Clemson on the newly minted "Upset Alert?" You betcha. Every week. That's what happens when you play a game and you're the favorite.

Truly, I've long been a defender of HD and her blogs - prolly just 'cause I've gotten older and don't see it the same way some of you do. I don't take what she writes as a personal vendetta against Clemson. Shoot, I even thought she gave us the benefit of the doubt the last couple of years while we were busy tanking it. But I'm tired of the same old stuff every week. We've been on the ESPN Special "Upset Alert" for 3 straight weeks. Now make it 4. I guess if we actually do lose one, they will have been right all along.

Wow. What a prediction. Talk about playing both sides of the street.

If you're going to tell me that Georgia Tech can beat us...well no kidding. Anyone left on our schedule can beat us. If we play VT again, they can beat us. IF WE LOSE, IT DOESN'T MEAN WE CHOKED OR COLLAPSED, OR THAT WE'RE "THE SAME OLD CLEMSON." It simply means that we'd be just like 99% of the other teams in major college football - we'd have a loss.

Going 12-0 (and 14-0!) is HARD HARD HARD. That doesn't mean we won't do it! Gotta do the hard things! But to portray anything less as a failure is irresponsible and just childish.

One thing I'm proud of - if we take a loss - to GT or anyone - it won't be because of a lack of effort.

The Tigers have already proven everything to me they need to prove.

Get out your flyswatter. Just 'cause I don't think it would be a failure doesn't mean losing to GT is OK. Slap them silly, Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson doesn't have to prove a #### thing.

Oct 27, 2011, 9:26 PM

Well said! I'm sick of this dribble. This is not the same team we've seen in the past. The effort alone is evidence this team is different. If we lose, we lose. It hurts, but it's not the end of the world. I believe if we lose, we'll have to give up 35 points or more. If we can get the defense off the field on a few drives, we win. GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,479
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic