Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Clemson Rankings in Top 25 of NCAA Statistics
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Football Update: Clemson Rankings in Top 25 of NCAA Statistics

Dec 1, 2013, 7:21 PM

Clemson Rankings in Top 25 of NCAA Statistics

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Clemson Rankings in Top 25 of NCAA Statistics

Dec 1, 2013, 7:25 PM

Wish these great statistics helped against FSU and South Carolina. Still, always great to see positive things about Clemson especially on a national level.

Re: Football Update: Clemson Rankings in Top 25 of NCAA Statistics

Dec 1, 2013, 7:27 PM

"Tthis topic has been approved by Dabo Swinney for positive content. I give a 100% Guarantee that this will be on the sunny side and will not show any of our flows"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Defensive stats...

Dec 1, 2013, 7:28 PM

Congrats to Coach V. on a vastly improved defense. Keep up the good work and we're grateful for the job you're doing. We want you to be National Assistant Coach of the year next year!

Re: Defensive stats...

Dec 2, 2013, 11:58 AM

Agreed. Venables has done an amazing job this year. Our defense has been pretty awesome. With how bad our defense was last year, to see us in the top 20 of so many team defensive rankings is incredible. Depending on the number of NFL defections, we could be a top 10 defense next year. We need to make sure we hold to Venables.

means nothing when 0-5 in last 5 games versus coots.***

Dec 1, 2013, 7:30 PM

Need credit Bryant for a Blocked Punt !***

Dec 1, 2013, 8:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great stats against cupcakes. ACC Atlantic is ranked 9th SOS

Dec 1, 2013, 10:25 PM

The ACC Atlantic is the 9th toughest conference, only ahead of the AAC among major conferences. For the last 3 years Dabo has gotten to 10-wins, and he and his players have put up great stats by playing a ridiculously weak ACC Atlantic schedule. Yay!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2013/conference/

ACC’s conference SOS Sagarin rankings:
2013: Atlantic #9, Coastal #7
2012: 7
2011: 7
2010: 4
2009: 4
2008: 3 TB ? DS transition.
2007: 5
2006: 5
2005: 4
2004: 2
2003: 1
2002: 1
2001: 4

Re: Great stats against cupcakes. ACC Atlantic is ranked 9th SOS

Dec 1, 2013, 10:33 PM

You're going to a lot of work to be so disingenuous here. Prior to 2011 Sagarin doesn't split divisions so the 4th and 5th rankings were pretty much the same as the last three years rankings. Only in 2002-2004 was the ACC significantly ranked higher than every other year 2001-2013. So why was Tommy such a fail in 2001 and 2005-2008.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look again. For last 3 years ACC has been historically weak

Dec 1, 2013, 11:07 PM

Sagarin just started breaking out the conferences by division THIS season for the first time, so you can't do an exact comparison to previous years, but according to Sagarin, this season the only major conference (or division) that is weaker than the ACC Atlantic is the AAC. So for the last 3 years that Dabo got to "10 wins", the ACC has been at the bottom of the Big 6 conferences, and has been at its weakest in over a decade.

I'm not defending mediocre Tommy Bowden. I'm just pointing out that in the last 3 years, the great stats and 10-win seasons have come against an historically weak schedule.

Re: Look again. For last 3 years ACC has been historically weak

Dec 2, 2013, 5:44 PM

you play who is on your schedule, you got to go through and analyze every ACC team then measure that with Clemson's stats. If you're going to do it do it right and quit being bias in your trying to down play everything Dabo has done. Clemson is rising and as long as Dabo and company mantain and even get top 5 recruiting class every few years Clemson has no where to go but up. Tired of Clemson fans bashing the team and coaches go be a ### coot if you want Clemson beat themselves the past couple of years against the cots you not going to beat teams like WF or UVa turning the ball over the way we did and the places it was turned over. If USuCk turned the ball over like we did I promise you we would have beat them 63-17 again because there where a lot of times USuCk didn't even come close to stopping our offense. I love Tajh and think he has done wonders for the program but to me he is a mental case in that when he got in his own head there was no getting him back. If that was me I wouldn't be on the sidelines looking like a lost puppy heII no I will be smacking dudes in the head telling them WE ARE NOT LOSING A 5th GAME IN A ROW TO THESE CLOWNS but I didn't see any of that but I wasn't at the game so I can't say for sure he didn''t but from watching it on the tv it looked like he was lost at times. Why didn't we keep feeding Hot Rod he was a man on a mission Saturday night he was busting them 5, 10, 15, 20 yard gashes through that "vaunted" D-line that those coots supposedly had and the O-line played the best game I have seen them play maybe ever. I bet Chad Kelly isn't going to look like a lost pup I bet he smack a guy or 2 in the head. I bet now that Tajh is gone and not dissing him but that we ring off a few wins in a row because while our recruiting continues to get better and better the coots seem to be declining and I am sorry it will catch up to them thats why they was one of the worst teams in the country year in and year out for a long long time but all you whiners and crybabies keep doing your thing because hopefully while Clemson keeps growing and getting better we will leave you azzholes in the dust you know while your rolling, screaming and kicking on the ground.

Massive sunshiny PR blitz by the AD after soiling the bed.***

Dec 1, 2013, 10:32 PM

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic