Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Clemson Names Radakovich Athletic Director
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,190

Football Update: Clemson Names Radakovich Athletic Director

Oct 29, 2012, 1:53 PM

Clemson Names Radakovich Athletic Director

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I just have to say, I could not be more

Oct 29, 2012, 2:09 PM

underwhelmed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

No thrilled

Oct 29, 2012, 3:16 PM

Seems like we were too quick with this hire.

I just feel that Clemson could do much better. I thought this search was going to span out a few more months.

We could had waited until early in the year and seen if that Jamie Roots guy would be interested. Maybe they already checked and he wasnt. I dont know.

I hate to use the phrase but I will, Is this the best Clemson could do?

Seems like a downgrade from Terry Don to be honest.

Re: Football Update: Clemson Names Radakovich Athletic Director

Oct 29, 2012, 2:12 PM

A national search that spanned 120 miles.

And should have spanned 100 feet

Oct 29, 2012, 2:34 PM

It should've started and stopped with Bill D'Andrea.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just read this on AJC - not a lot of kind words for DR, but

Oct 29, 2012, 2:32 PM

I guess that is to be expected considering the death spiral the Tech football program is currently in. Also assuming this is the beginning of the end for PJ with a new AD taking over soon.

http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-tech-sports/2012/10/28/clemson-reportedly-interested-in-radakovich/

Anything written on the AJC site is pure garbage.

Oct 29, 2012, 2:38 PM

Nothing more.

Bad! Hired AD who hired Paul Johnson & gave him $10M buyout

Oct 29, 2012, 2:51 PM

From what I've seen on the Internet, GT fans are very happy to see Radakovich go, and thrilled that he's going to Clemson.

It was obvious to most people (except Radakovich) that Paul Johnson might have some early success with his rarely seen triple-option offense but that he wouldn't be able to recruit top tier athletes with NFL aspirations to play in a very un-NFL-like offense. That's exactly what happened. Johnson had some early success with Chan Gailey's recruits but GT has been headed in the wrong direction ever since. GT beat UGA in PJ's first year, but UGA has beaten GT for the last 3 years straight. PJ's option offense is easily defended when teams have time to prep for it so PJ's GT is 0-4 in bowl games and 2-13 against teams that have had more than 1 consecutive week to prepare. GT fans can look forward to never winning a bowl game.

But GT can't afford to fire PJ, because Radakovich foolishly gave PJ a $10M buyout-- as though PJ wouldn't have signed for a $4M or $3M buyout. Like PJ is going to get offered a better gig.

Why is this guy leaving GT for Clemson and why isn't GT counteroffering to keep him from leaving? This is the best Clemson can do? I doubt it. Commitment to mediocrity.

I want to know who else was under consideration

Oct 29, 2012, 3:29 PM

I don't know much about AD's and what they do, but this doesn't seem like a good hire. What has GT done under this dude's watch? Brought pee wee football schemes to the ACC? No thanks.

Following TDP's success is going to be hard to follow.

Oct 29, 2012, 4:16 PM

On paper I am underwhelmed. I do trust the staff. BUT

1. NCAA compliance issues

2. Depressed expectations, fan support etc. for basketball

3. PJ football hire in question.. It's hard to call this hire a failure, but it does appear that recruiting has taken a major step backwards at Gtech.

4. Revenue increases at tech were based upon two factors: re-seating (we have already done this), and PJ's intermediate success with another's players..

I guess this is a wait and see hire.. Wish we could have another TDP type guy. TDP was great at compliance, hiring decisions, facility improvements, and raising revenue. He will be missed.

63-17

Looks like we just downgraded.......***

Oct 29, 2012, 4:32 PM

Yikes

Oct 29, 2012, 9:06 PM

I've always been very supportive of Barker and very critical of TDP when it comes to non-revenue sports. I don't know much about this hire, but it definitely seems to be a flip-flop as he appears to be much better for non-revenue sports than FB/BKB. I hope I'm wrong and I love the idea of improving non-revenue sports, but I'm sure there are people out there that can help us excel in all sports and I'm not sure this is the guy. Hopefully my gut reaction is wrong and he helps all sports improve.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,190
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic