Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: CBS Bowl Projection for Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Football Update: CBS Bowl Projection for Clemson

Nov 24, 2013, 3:08 PM

CBS Bowl Projection for Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

am I alone in thinking Clemson would kill those guys?***

Nov 24, 2013, 3:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would be a good game. Gary Andersen has...

Nov 24, 2013, 4:21 PM

made the badgers into a pretty formidable team this year, and when you look at how they played against Arizona State (who has a legitimate shot at winning the PAC-12) and lost it on a ######## time runoff, I'd say we could see a great game.

That said, I think we'd all be lucky to remember the bowl game, because this would likely end up being a match up of the best tailgating in the midwest vs the best tailgating in the south.

Wisconsin

Nov 24, 2013, 6:39 PM [ in reply to am I alone in thinking Clemson would kill those guys?*** ]

wouldn't say kill, but..
I do like that match up with Wisconsin. I think we would
wear them down as the game went on (least I hope ;) )

Pred.
Clemson-34 Wisconsin-28

Re: Football Update: CBS Bowl Projection for Clemson

Nov 24, 2013, 3:14 PM

Yes. Wisconsin has those big physical lines which tend to give us trouble. I think it would be a good match up of contrasting styles.

Nov 24, 2013, 3:45 PM

this was going to be a long post but i highly doubt they will pick Wisconsin with all the other match ups that could be on the table. Their are a lot of scenarios left including Bama or Ohio State getting beaten. The likelihood that it is Wisconsin is slim imo.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Nov 24, 2013, 3:54 PM

Two things in Wisconsin's favor:

1. Lots of teams in front of them are losing and it's very possible a few others in front of them will lose between now and the time for bowl selection.

2. Wisconsin has a fiercly loyal fanbase which would make any Bowl smile. If they get picked, the game gets sold out, no questions asked.

..great match..both have rabid fans......***

Nov 24, 2013, 4:27 PM

Nov 24, 2013, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: CBS Bowl Projection for Clemson ]

Both very true statements plus according the the BCS projections they would be top 14 this week. I just think there are 2 many things that have to set up perfect for Wisconsin to get picked.

Oregon is still in front of them.

if Ohio state loses that puts OS in the game.

IF bama loses that puts Bama in the game.

Oklahoma could still jump them, etc etc.

I wouldn't be disappointed don't get me wrong, I just think UW fans are keeping their fingers crossed about all the variables the same way Clemson fans are about backing in to the MNC, thats all.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

How good a match up for us?

Nov 24, 2013, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: CBS Bowl Projection for Clemson ]

Just doing a very quick survey, they seem to be able to stop runs and cover open field receivers well (at least by numbers but that depends on who they have played for sure). So a tough D to beat. And they seem to depend more on running than throwing which is good for our D in my opinion. I feel much better about our ability to slow down a lot of running options than to cover well in midfield and downfield passing. Although when Wisconsin does throw they seem pretty effective.

Projected Bowl Games

Nov 24, 2013, 4:30 PM

I hope no one on the team or staff has read or thought about such possibilities. Just focus on usc. If they beat us convincingly like the last 3 years we'll probably end up in Atlanta. FOCUS TIGERS! Beat usc.

Dont see this happening

Nov 24, 2013, 4:40 PM

Personally think that Michigan State beats Ohio State in B1G championship putting them in the Rose Bowl and I think Ohio State gets first at-large bid which would put Orange Bowl Tigers vs. Buckeyes. I'd love that match up!!

Ohio State would be like Wisconsin matchup

Nov 24, 2013, 4:56 PM

Both are running teams and after this season I think our D is more solid in slowing down the run than in slowing down a lot of big pass plays.

Beating Ohio State would be much more satisfying and would probably get a lot more of the sports talking head's tongues wagging.

But I would just like to beat a team that gets constantly described as "not losing a game since Urban Meyer...blah blah blah."

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic