Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Seating
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Football Seating

Jun 22, 2017, 12:29 PM

Just got my seating for this up coming football season, first year donating. Just curious how long people have been donating and how long it took to get the section/seats you wanted.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

16 years

Jun 22, 2017, 12:42 PM

No were close to were I want to be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I'll finally get the seats I want in 2020

Jun 22, 2017, 12:44 PM

sitting right next to TotalTeeTiger®, it's already been promised to be in writing on tnet, which makes it an official contract.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Football Seating

Jun 22, 2017, 12:48 PM

It's more about how much you donate than it is how long you donate. They assign the available seats based on Donation level first, then by number of priority points within that level second. So, even if you've donated for 80 years straight, if you donate $400 this year and request for your seats to be moved, anyone (brand new member or whoever) who donates $800 or more will receive priority over you for their ticket requests this season.

Basically, to get the "seats you want" it takes a little luck and a lot of money one year. First, because the season tickets are sold out, people have to give up their seats for there to be ANY season tickets available for new donors or people who want to change their seat location. Then you have to be the highest priority level donor requesting those seats to get them.

So, if you're really picky about what seats you want, you'll likely have to donate at like the Heisman level for one year, get those seats, and then meet your minimum donation each year after that to keep them. Even at that, there is no guarantee that you'll get the exact seats/section that you want because as I stated before, whoever currently has those seats has to give them up before you even have a chance at them.

There used to be a much higher turnover year to year, but the last few years have had very high renewal rates. I'd venture to say that most people who have joined Iptay since 2012 don't have the exact section/seats they really wanted, unless they dropped a lot of cash one year to get them. (just my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2017, 1:30 PM

I was just curious about people's experiences that have been donating for a long period of time. I have a few friends who have been donating for 20+ years and they were stunned at where my seats ending up being considering the level I donated it. My seats are in TDL and when I discussed where I wanted to sit versus how much I was willing to give they felt pretty solid (based on their experience and a few friends of theirs who also donate) that I was gonna need up in in the middle of upper deck but more likely in the upper lower bowl area just close to the end zones.

Did your friends donate for their first time

Jun 22, 2017, 2:24 PM

Right after a national championship?

Availability. ..

I guy donating 5, 10, 15,20k will not get a seat anywhere if one is not available.

Ipay will not move a person who is meeting the donation requirements of their seat.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jun 22, 2017, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Seating ]

I've been a little surprised as well how much it costs for new donors to get tickets this year, but keep in mind that last year was the first year that season tickets were officially sold out. That means that going into this offseason, there were NO seats available for new donors. The only available seats this year were due to people giving up their season tickets. After a National Championship, there likely weren't many people willing to give up their seats.

It's changed a lot in the past 6 years and even more in the past 3 years. 3 years ago, it was possible to get lower level tickets at the Howard ($2400) level. Last year you had to be at least at the Jervey level to have a shot at lowers, and for a brand new member it was likely the McFadden Level. This year I know people at the Howard level who weren't even able to get renewable tickets. That seems ridiculous, but it's all part of being successful.

Think of it like a stock. 5 years ago you could buy Tesla stock for $30, now it's well over $300 due to the success it's had. It sucks, but it's all part of winning. As demand goes up and supply stays the same, value goes up as well. Just try to be thankful we don't have a waiting list of 30,000+ to get season tickets like Bama does.

+1 for the stocks reference.

Jun 22, 2017, 5:49 PM

Some people don't get it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jun 22, 2017, 5:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Seating ]

That is not necessarily so! I gave a bunch one year after having been a long-time IPTAY member and just asked for a "little better" seats .... moving over one section. I got the same exact seats that I always had at which point I said "why give a dime more than what my section calls for". I have done that ever since.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2017, 1:07 PM

From my experience the process is a black box. You throw money into the box, but there is no way to know where you may be able to get seats other than what you already have.

If anyone has better information than that, I would like to know more. This is what I was told by the ticket office.

Jun 22, 2017, 1:25 PM

Been an IPTAY member for 19 years. We did not get our own season tickets until 2007 in Lower Deck North Side. We then requested to get 5 together in 2008 and moved to better seats in Section T. We have been requesting additional seats for last 4 years in Lower Deck (anywhere 2 or 3 seats) at the Tiger/Howard Donation Level. We made commitment to Heisman Level this year and was able to get three seats in same section we are currently in, total of 8 now. I was told you had to give atleast $5,000 year for the last two years to even come close to getting extra tickets in lower deck.

My first year for IPTAY season tickets

Jun 22, 2017, 2:39 PM

I retired 06/30/16. A couple of days later I called IPTAY to join and get tickets for as long as I have the health to do it. I didn't know that IPTAY's year ended the day that I retired. I was allowed to join at the Tiger Cub level so that I could purchase the 6 for '16 package. I got TDO Row DD. I joined at the Frank Howard level this year. My seats are TDO Row W...only 7 rows better than my 6 for '16 tickets from the year before. Over halfway up the visitor's side Upper Deck seems pretty crappy for Frank Howard level? Has the parking been assigned yet? I am suppose to get a numbered parking space at the Frank Howard level, assuming that my tickets are "convertible" to renewable. If not, I allegedly won't get my free parking to go with my crappy seats. I'm not feelin' very special at the Frank Howard level! To me, I find it odd that I am one of only 16,000'ish IPTAY donors, and I will be sitting halfway up the upper deck. Were we suppose to receive an e-mail announcing that seats had been assigned? I didn't. I didn't receive an e-mail about the deadline for parking requests either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Re: My first year for IPTAY season tickets

Jun 22, 2017, 2:57 PM

I have had my two seats in the lower deck since the mid 70s. When I started buying tickets we were coming off of 8 losing seasons in 9 years which helped in my seat selection!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2017, 7:09 PM

Hi Harley:

I heard that last year's season tickets were 94% renewed. Out of 58,000, that means that there are about 3500 IPTAY renewable season tickets that were backfilled by first year IPTAY season ticket holders. I got 2. I also heard that nobody below the Tiger Level were included in getting any of the approximately 3500 IPTAY renewable season tickets.

If Clemson has another stellar season, I may donate the minimum for my TDO/W seats (which ain't much!) until Clemson has an off season or two (not that I am hoping for that!), then donate above the Howard level, get in the bowl between the 30's, and lower my donation to the minimum for those seats. IPTAY gets less money, but I'm just playin' the cards that they dealt to me.

Message was edited by: AeroTiger®

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Jun 22, 2017, 8:24 PM

I just heard that all available seats in the bowl were taken my McFadden or higher level donors.

Jun 22, 2017, 3:10 PM [ in reply to My first year for IPTAY season tickets ]

In the past, I've received an email in late July/early August after all ticket assignments and parking assignments are complete. It used to not be posted online until that point, but this year it seems they've been releasing some of that info online as they complete it for each donation level.

See above posts about seat locations and donation levels. There are only so many seats in DV. It sucks how expensive it has become lately, but that's the price of success.

Jun 22, 2017, 5:21 PM [ in reply to My first year for IPTAY season tickets ]

I have had a horrible experience with emails and using the IPTAY website. I do not receive any emails period. And I had to contact the ticket office because I was unable to authenticate my IPTAY number and pretty much anytime I need to do anything beside donate I have to call and do it over the phone, which the people are very nice and understanding, it is just annoying to have to call and go through the whole process again. I go through the "process" of fixing the issue but once I log out and log back in its the same problem.

But, about the tickets I very much realize this is big boy football and big boy football donating levels so I never expected to have amazing seats in my first year, heck I don't expect amazing seats for many years to come. I did expect to have seats better than the 6pack considering my giving level. Oh well maybe next year will be better, at least I'm suppose to get a good parking spot.

Ask them to delete your online account and start over.

Jun 22, 2017, 5:51 PM

I haven't had any issues. Do all my Tiger tickets/IPTAY stuff online.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jun 22, 2017, 5:58 PM [ in reply to My first year for IPTAY season tickets ]

We are in a similar boat....third year donating and we have upgraded our giving level and have always had the same seats.

Care to share what your donation level is?

Jun 23, 2017, 10:12 AM

I've been trying to get out of the west end zone for a few years now.

Re: Care to share what your donation level is?

Jun 26, 2017, 2:33 PM

If you want to sit in better seats for most games......

1. Give to Iptay what you can afford to give and then buy season tickets, expecting them to be way less than the sort of seats you'd like to have. You are supporting Clemson.

2. If your career takes off and you come into more disposable cash, up your IPTAY donation and continue to buy the best seats IPTAY and your contribution can secure for you. Plan to do steps 1 and 2 for life. In the meantime.......

3. Sell your tickets two by two or for a whole season for as much money as you can get, from whomever is willing to pay the most, which will probably be from a Stubhub buyer or some other ticket broker.

4. Go to the games you want to see with cash in your pocket and buy extras from long time IPTAY members who are holding 4,6,8,10 or 12 season tickets. The long time donors with lots of tickets VERY OFTEN have a Mom or Wife, a Son or Daughter, a Grandfather or Uncle who just could not make the game because it's 1)Not a good opponent, or 2) too hot, or 3)too late, or 4)too early or 5)just couldn't make 3 Saturday games in a row. Always buy your tickets at Clemson from an old white guy wearing orange and walking into the stadium with a couple of other people from his very nice parking spot in Lot 2 or some other space very close to the stadium. That guy is not sellling fake tickets and he's not looking to give the tickets away NOR to make his house payment on the profit he makes off of selling another Clemson fan a ticket. You'll find it's fun to sit in different spots in Death Valley.

5. Once in a blue moon, you'll watch a game on TV from your tailgate spot because you just would not fork over $500/ticket (Notre Dame, FSU, Louisville, etc). Most of the time you'll end up spending a bit more on tickets for the season than just sitting in your lousy high up upper deck tickets but you'll see most games from better seats than a new IPTAY, recent graduate is going to be able to score from Clemson.

This process works GREAT now that Clemson is recognized as a top flight program and our stadium and our games are destination, bucket list items from fans of Wake, Duke, BC, GT, FSU, Auburn, ND, Troy, Citadel and so forth. It's ok to sell tickets to such fans and so show them some Clemson hospitality, all the while getting to sit in better seats than the tickets you are selling.

CAVEAT: NEVER SELL A CLEMSON TICKET TO A SC FAN unless you are making a ton of money off of the Gamecock booster.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic