Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: SC QB commit apologizes for his "never lose" to Clemson comments
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: SC QB commit apologizes for his "never lose" to Clemson comments

Jul 27, 2017, 6:41 PM

SC QB commit apologizes for his "never lose" to Clemson comments

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Recruiting Update: SC QB commit apologizes for his "never lose" to Clemson comments***

Jul 27, 2017, 6:42 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

He apologized but he unap[ologized later in the story he

Jul 27, 2017, 7:02 PM

says: "I'm confident in what I said..." So if that's the case, he double talked. Didn't he?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He apologized but he unap[ologized later in the story he

Jul 27, 2017, 7:29 PM

Coot blood already running through his veins. Coots are going to be coots!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Recruiting Update: SC QB commit apologizes for his "never lose" to Clemson comments

Jul 27, 2017, 6:44 PM

Re: Football Recruiting Update: SC QB commit apologizes for his "never lose" to Clemson comments

Jul 27, 2017, 6:46 PM

Weak move apologizing. Just own it

I believe I speak for Spud when I say ...

Jul 27, 2017, 6:47 PM

It's too late for sorry now , Fish ! The knot has done been tied !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

None taken big guy but

Jul 27, 2017, 6:50 PM

we certainly had a lot of fun with it yesterday. On a serious note however, you will be lucky to beat Clemson at all with the way things are going. Muschamp's track record with qb's speaks for itself. You need to come play DB at Clemson and I guarantee you will never lose to Clemson. I'm just look out for your best interest.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Carolina: where QBs go to die

Jul 27, 2017, 7:08 PM

If he ever wants to play in the NFL, he needs to come to Clemson and be a DB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: None taken big guy but

Jul 27, 2017, 7:32 PM [ in reply to None taken big guy but ]

He would have been drafted to play in the NFL, if he had accepted a Clemson offer as an athlete.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DJ be like

Jul 27, 2017, 7:06 PM

+_*

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Jul 27, 2017, 7:12 PM

Was anybody really "offended" by his comments? I thought they were darn right hilarious.

didn't sound like much of an apology....

Jul 27, 2017, 7:17 PM

probably be interesting with this kid moving forward.

Good, bad, or indifferent... it's all another headline. Something to talk about. College football.

I love it all. Can't wait till he sees the field, if he does. Sir Jakey supposed to be the next 2 year favor at minimum. This kid gonna get smacked in the mouth.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2017, 7:23 PM

Let me just say whoever taught all of these kids to type out their comments and responses in the notes at first was a genius. Too many times you see people send something to fast in a text message or an email before editing it or checking to see if it came off wrong. Having done this many times myself, I now type out all important messages in notes or Microsoft Word and save it. Then I have a chance to take a break and review it and revise if needed before sending it out. This has probably kept me from getting shot in the face on more than one occasion. Please note: I did not do that when making this comment ;)

Jul 27, 2017, 7:26 PM

Too late, son.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2017, 7:25 PM

I just said things to myself and not one post was made about them on a social website.

That is how you do that.

Now, I am not sure if he didn't want to get the troops hyped up or if he entertains possibly his option to play DB for Clemson?

Jul 27, 2017, 7:27 PM

Muschamo probably told him to take it down. Looks bad on recruiting for their best recruit to admit that he was passed on by us

Jul 27, 2017, 7:29 PM

Bless his little heart.

Good for him, I apologize for cracking on him

Jul 27, 2017, 7:41 PM

on Tigernet

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2017, 7:51 PM

This wasn't an apology, in fact it was it was an insult. He should have left it alone if he was going to say he meant it. He is hurt by realizing he's a coot but that's not Clemsons fault. Can't imagine realizing I messed up and committed to be a coot. Maybe his pride won't stop him from asking Dabo for another shot to be a DB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Too late***

Jul 27, 2017, 7:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2017, 8:01 PM

Are you kidding me? Why would he need to apologize and why would anyone take offense? I'm sorry, half of sports is trash talk. Come on, he may be a gamecock but let the kid have some trash talk fun. Good grief people. Being a good Clemson fan doesn't mean we need to smack down some young man every time he talks trash and make him have to apologize, or young women for that matter. Makes us look like #####.

Jul 28, 2017, 7:23 PM

I don't think any Clemson fan was offended.....rather it was hilarious. The people he offended were the gamecocks.....he basically said Clemson was his first Choice and SC was a backup plan.

Think about it....

Jul 27, 2017, 8:04 PM

Just remember he's a youngster!

Well he's got more character and class than The Donald but that's not saying much.***

Jul 27, 2017, 9:20 PM

hypocrite?***

Jul 27, 2017, 9:30 PM

why twitter should have an age requirement

Jul 27, 2017, 10:28 PM

gonna be a tough lesson - Prob gonna pay for 4, maybe 5 years. Only way he makes good with THE UNIVERSITY OF SC is nothing short of a transfer.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone apologizes when they are caught . . pure

Jul 27, 2017, 10:43 PM

BS

Jul 27, 2017, 10:56 PM

Not to sound like "sour grapes" or anything, but watching his highlight videos, I was not overly impressed. He looked very average to me.

Additionally, he must not have watched the demise of the gamecock program over the past 3-4 years and the rise of the CLEMSON program. They are light years apart now. Tom Brady probably could not help the gamecocks beat CLEMSON at this stage. Tom would just get hurt. Joyner will get hurt too, that is, if Bentley's daddy ever lets him play QB. Looks like nobody told him about Jake's daddy.

Is Joyner really 6'2?

Jul 28, 2017, 4:25 AM

All the highlights I've seen of him, he looks to be 5'11-6'0 at best.

Re: Is Joyner really 6'2?

Jul 28, 2017, 9:42 AM

Probably using the same measuring tactics they used for Jaymest Williams. Joyner is definitely not 6'2

Jul 28, 2017, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: SC QB commit apologizes for his "never lose" to Clemson comments ]

It wasn't bad but he won't be dodging bad angles and arm tackles on this level. If the coaches thought he could compete at the QB spot they would've offered him to play QB. Kid is a freakish athlete and was offered to play on a championship team as an athlete. More opportunities to make the NFL that way. He'll play QB in college and then spend 3 days at the NFL combine working with the WR's RB's and DB's

No biggy, I don't know why he apologized

Jul 28, 2017, 5:40 AM

These recruits are kids and they say stuff like this all of the time. It was probably a dumb thing to say, but I don't know why he apologized for it. He should have just let it go because now we are talking about it again.

Well, he may be waiting a long time for that shot at Clemson....

Jul 28, 2017, 6:46 AM

And I mean a real long time. Jake Bentley said they were going to win a national championship before he left South Carolina so this kid may there a looooonnnnggggg time!

if he wanted to come Clemson he would have committed as a DB...

Jul 28, 2017, 8:38 AM

This wasn't a situation where he wasn't offered at all. SCU was like the only school offering him at QB. Just don't by this line about Clemson being his favorite. Favorite in a change your mind every week teenage sort of way, but not a genuine love of Clemson. He will learn the hard way when he is switched to 5 different positions and Muschump forces him off the team like he did with Lorenzo Nunez and Brandon McIlwain.

Waffle. Worst Excuse of an Apology I've Seen

Jul 28, 2017, 9:34 AM

Sorry kid. This waffle of yours don't sell. Only time will tell til you eat your words. Good you may be, your team is NOT and you seem to inflate yourself as many kids do. You'll learn, maybe. Start by keeping off social media.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2017, 9:37 AM

I have no problem with anything this young man has done so far. He has clearly made mistakes, but many of us can see that with age and wisdom. He could have come here and developed in some capacity into an NFL talent quite possibly. He chose to stick to his guns as a QB, even going to the dark side. Well, he's young, and if I had been in his shoes and wasn't 100% orange inside, I may have done the same thing at 17-18. As to his statement, a mistake sure. But he just needs to own it and say "Yeah I feel I'm the best QB in the country and i will show you all what you missed!" Hey, I might disagree, but again, if you are the level of athlete he is, confidence isn't on short supply, and who among us didn't make some bold statements at 17? Lord knows, tbh I was a servicable at best option QB but if you asked me back then I could have won every game. I'm not mad at him, but I really hope for his development he will de-coot and go anywhere else for his own good.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2017, 10:10 AM

I really don't feel like he needed to apologize. I take what he said as confidence in himself and in his future team. Blind, somewhat arrogant confidence, but he put it on his Snapchat. It's public in that nature, but it's not like he was spouting off to reporters about how he was going to beat Clemson. And we'd be laughing a whole lot more if he was like "this team isn't very good, I'd be happy just beating them once in my time in Columbia."

No offense taken, all the best young man and stay healthy.

Jul 28, 2017, 11:01 AM

Guys, we are Clemson, we are humble in victory and we congratulate others if we are defeated (no matter how much it burns us up inside.) We don't get upset at some young kid's comments and stated desire to win. Everyone has to pursue their dreams, hopefully he made a right choice.

Apologizing and then saying you're confident in saying it?

Jul 28, 2017, 11:36 AM

The lines in between are not thin...I see them clearly. You skeared?

Don't apologize, own it. Be a competitor

Jul 29, 2017, 9:53 AM

I wouldn't want any Clemson recruit to think "well, I'd like to go 2-2 against FSU." Be a winner with confidence. Joyner is upset he wasn't our best QB. I'm sure he has a chip on his shoulder. He didn't say anything offensive.

But at the same time, we have some folks that have a little say in that outcome. Be a man when they throw your comments right back at you after 4 or 5 beat downs.

Jul 30, 2017, 4:58 PM

I love these "never lose to Clemson" declarations. Listen up little brother, you're a Lamecock. The L in Lamecock stands for Loser for Life! So wear that garnet "L" with pride!

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic