Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: Clemson commit may visit Florida
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: Clemson commit may visit Florida

Sep 17, 2013, 5:03 PM

Clemson commit may visit Florida

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson commit may visit Florida

Sep 17, 2013, 5:06 PM

Hmm... I cant imagine what any offensive player would see in the UF offense that would make them consider the gators.

They think they can singlehandedly improve crappy offenses

Sep 17, 2013, 5:10 PM

vs. being buried in the depth chart.

Working out for Demarcus Robinson and Ryan Jenkins right? Right?

Re: They think they can singlehandedly improve crappy offenses

Sep 17, 2013, 5:14 PM

To be fair Jenkins bolted to a crappy O at Tenn. Look at who we have and are signing at qb . You'd rather work with Driskel than them?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They think they can singlehandedly improve crappy offenses

Sep 22, 2013, 7:27 PM

Agreed. I don't know what this young man is thinking, but Dabo will not appreciate a visit elsewhere, and I don't blame Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Planning to excel in downfield blocking technique?***

Sep 17, 2013, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson commit may visit Florida ]

Re: He is gong to get to watch TWO SEC powerhouses: UT

Sep 17, 2013, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson commit may visit Florida ]

and Florida.

I never would have thought that rivalry would become such a

Sep 18, 2013, 3:13 PM

yawnfest.

Well, unfortunately he'll probably have Robinson in his ear

Sep 17, 2013, 5:15 PM

I don't like the sound of this but there isn't much any of us can do about it....

Re: Well, unfortunately he'll probably have Robinson in his ear

Sep 17, 2013, 8:49 PM

It's like that kimdickshe dude. If he want to go and play for a team that won't be all that for a long time to come. More power to him bc, Clemson no longer has to promise first carries of the ball. We now just tell them to come and work their way to a playing spot, just like everyone else that plays. Nothing is free at Clemson!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talk to D-Rob***

Sep 17, 2013, 5:17 PM

here we go............***

Sep 17, 2013, 5:18 PM

Muschamp will have a "Gator Girl" strategy well in place...

Sep 17, 2013, 7:18 PM

...for Scott's visit.

A little green grease will seal the deal for the Gators.

Nothing but dirt coming from that town in Florida.

Morris & Dabo can write this kid off.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: Muschamp will be more concerned with keeping his

Sep 17, 2013, 8:20 PM

job in a few more weeks.

Honestly, we need to come up with another word or

Sep 17, 2013, 5:27 PM

phrase besides "commit".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

No, we need to find out if the kid has the integrity to know

Sep 17, 2013, 9:40 PM

what commit means. As soon as we find out their word is no good, we need to cut them loose and find a suitable replacement.

in place of "commit"

Sep 17, 2013, 5:48 PM

we could say "posturally aligned".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Would gladly trade Scott for Ermon Lane. Coach Scott

Sep 17, 2013, 5:49 PM

should be on the phone with Lane as we speak.

Would love to get Scott, but he sounds like he is unsure. The best way to deal with that is to recruit over him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As in Malone and Thompson.................***

Sep 17, 2013, 5:56 PM

Hopefully, we learned our lesson last year when Robinson

Sep 17, 2013, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Would gladly trade Scott for Ermon Lane. Coach Scott ]

and Jenkins pulled out late. It left us scrambling, and one of the replacements did not qualify. Dabo says our target number for WRs on scholarship is 10. We were 3 short this year before losing Peake. I hope we are hitting the trail hard for at least 2 more this year. I hope Scott comes, but given the circumstances, we sure cannot afford to bank on it.

If he visits, cut him loose we don't have trouble recruiting

Sep 17, 2013, 6:50 PM

wide receivers. Let he go to FL & block for the Gators inept offense.

Once again all the Tnetters

Sep 17, 2013, 7:07 PM

are ready to put this kids head on a stake. Seriously calm down. Its so frustrating that every time any commit even mentions another school everyone on this site goes "we don't need him/ we can get better anyway/ he isn't all in, cut him loose." Clemson is on an elite level now, and with that comes elite recruits (for instance, Artavis Scott). And it is ridiculous to think that no other school will try and get these guys after they commit, or that these kids are the devil for looking around. They are 16-17 years old, its just football to us, its a giant step in these kids lives. Calm down.

Well stated. +1.***

Sep 17, 2013, 7:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very well said - agree 100%!

Sep 17, 2013, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Once again all the Tnetters ]

For what it's worth, I don't blame these kids at all because, well, they're KIDS. The vast majority of 17-18 year-old kids aren't capable of making real commitments, and the thought of 14, 15, and 16 year-olds making "commitments" of this magnitude is laughable, especially with all of the pressure they are bound to feel from so many sides. "Commit" is just a word we as adult sports fans use to make us feel better.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I don't blame them either BUT Clemson needs to let them

Sep 17, 2013, 10:58 PM

know we are going to be looking also. No problem.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely! There may be exceptions, but I'm sure our

Sep 18, 2013, 6:46 AM

coaches are usually in tune with which kids are not strong in their commitment and know when they need to keep recruiting for a certain position.

- H. L. Mencken

Because things worked out so well with Robinson and

Sep 17, 2013, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Once again all the Tnetters ]

Nkemdiche.

Sep 17, 2013, 7:25 PM

"Florida, where you can be the best blocking receiver in the country!"

Sep 17, 2013, 9:07 PM

I take him at his word. He says he is not visiting UF, nor should he, and that is the end of the story. Glad to have him as a Tiger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cut bait now and still have time to get a quality receiver

Sep 17, 2013, 9:38 PM

to replace him. Seen this movie before and it ends with time wasted on this schmuck and missing out on someone just as good or better. How he can say he is a solid commit it amazing. He must take the coaching staff for fools. He might be new to this rodeo, but the coaches and fans are not.

Go back under your rock... On second thought, put it in your

Sep 17, 2013, 10:53 PM

backpack and go for a swim.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did anyone read the update?

Sep 18, 2013, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Cut bait now and still have time to get a quality receiver ]

"Updated 9/17 6PM: Artavis Scott reached out to TigerNet that he will not be visiting Florida this weekend. "

Relax, everyone. D@mn

Clemson

^^Meant to reply to OP***

Sep 18, 2013, 10:54 AM

Clemson

Re: Did anyone read the update?

Sep 18, 2013, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Did anyone read the update? ]

Sure did.

Also read a number of updates last year that would make everybody feel a little better in short spurts while Demarcus Robinson was on our commit board and continuously flirting with the UF coaching staff.

If he can't see the massive opportunity awaiting him at Clemson, and thinks it's okay to play games with our coaching staff and fan base, knowing good and well the WR situation that took place last year with the same school: he either, A. has a lot of room to grow from an intellectual stand point, or B. is just flat out disrespectful. In which case, either way it'd be best to move on.

I really do believe he's a bright kid, though, and able to take a step back and imagine the over portrait of how successful his football future, and team will be, whenever Joker's not in his ear telling him really convincing jokes about his future at UF - and that's likely why he called off the visit.

All I'm saying is that if it persists, we should go ahead and fill up his spot with another top 20 WR in the country - which really shouldn't be that hard for us to do.

Sep 18, 2013, 6:38 AM

But if he doesn't have the intelligence enough to look at himself and where he wants to be (NFL) four years down the road, and what he needs to do to get there, I don't know how he's going to be able to learn our playbook and be a success here.

Florida just doesn't develop QBs. That will definitely effect a WRs stock. I noticed a 28 year old Chris Leak on the UF sideline during the Miami game wearing a nice clip board and head set. Tebow's without a job. We've all seen Driskel at work.

Then you have Tajh, no. 1 in the running for the heisman, and not because of his 90 rushing TDs like Tebow a few years back - it's actually as a result of his passing ability (which would be non-existent without quality WRs on the other end). Add in what's likely to be the no. 1 QB in the nation and 3 year state champ arriving on campus with his class.... AND Chad Kelly? Really?

He's looking to pass that up for what? Easier broads in Gainesville? After sitting the bench all day, he and Demarcus would have plenty of energy to hit the club until 5 am post-game, after watching the struggling offense that they were supposed to have been the focal point of. Probably both be pissed off about it drunk and get arrested for something stupid like all the other Florida players. Then go on to play arena football for a year before moving back home and working some dead end job.

You have to make plays on the field (in the game) to prove your worth to NFL scouts, your coaches, the fans, and the girls you see at the club/bar, restaurant, bowling alley, etc., post-game and every other day of the week. He'll also need to be in the NFL if he wants to date super-models. To make it to the NFL you need to be on the field making plays early and often, like Sammy and Nuk. Well documented. Well proven. Undoubtedly able to handle high-stakes, high pressure situations. A proven natural a coming through in the clutch. Those guys make it to the NFL. Not a one year starter, two year role player with a few lucky grabs under his belt listed on his collegiate career resume. No sir.

That's why I say he needs to have the intelligence to look at himself 4 years from now, in the NFL (with many a dime-piece), instead of next year in his dorm room, with his new WR blocking buddies and a bunch of beat up nickels.

If he's entertaining the idea of that, though, we need to go ahead and go a different direction here if this goes on any longer. Last thing we need is another one of last year's soap operas until Feb, before it's too late to close with other top 100 guys. We're too good for that. Give the roster spot to someone who wants to be here, with no question about it. There's plenty of guys who will jump at the chance to show out with our WRs in front of 85,000 fans going nuts all game long in THE valley.

I feel a little bad saying this about scott...

Sep 18, 2013, 7:34 AM

Is the title I forgot to include in the book i just wrote for my last post.

When words lose meaning, we all suffer.

Sep 18, 2013, 10:06 AM

What does commit mean to people? It obviously doesn't have anything to do with committing. Now it just means, "at one point I liked them the most."

We need to start replacing some of these 7 on 7 camps with ethics camps.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe he just wants to get some free advice...

Sep 18, 2013, 10:49 AM

on crackback blocks from Joker.

"I'm a solid commit."

Sep 18, 2013, 9:43 PM

Umm... no you're not.

I can't stand the phrase "commit" when it comes to recruiting. Can we go back to using "strong lean?"

Sep 19, 2013, 2:30 PM

So let me get this straight: Coaches can interview for jobs at other schools but high school players making the most important decision in their young lives are derided as 'unethical' for making sure they are making the right decision for themselves???

Sep 24, 2013, 10:10 AM

If anyone that has committed and then changes his mind we probably can do without just as well as with. Young people have a hard time making a commitment to what they will be doing the next day, so this and all other decommitments are not a big surprise. I personally don't see why anyone would commit early anyway. Take your trips to all the schools and have fun. Make up your mind after you see how good Clemson is compared to other places, such as South Carolina in particular.

Sep 24, 2013, 10:52 PM

Guess I don't understand why commits visit other schools. Why commit if not sure. Compare to being engaged and dating other people. May not be apples to apples but close.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic