Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: 5-star LB to visit for Clemson-FSU game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: 5-star LB to visit for Clemson-FSU game

Nov 4, 2015, 10:51 AM

5-star LB to visit for Clemson-FSU game

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Recruiting Update: 5-star LB to visit for Clemson-FSU game

Nov 4, 2015, 10:54 AM

As I am a woman who knows a lot about football I happily admit I don't know everything. What is the difference between an "official" visit and an "unofficial" visit? Does he have to buy his own ticket? Does he sit among the regular fans? Is he allowed team/coach interactions? Thanks to the kind man or woman who can clarify this for me????????

Nov 4, 2015, 11:00 AM

Simply means he is paying his own way to visit.
http://recruiting-101.com/recruiting-visits-explained-unofficial-visits-official-visits-and-how-and-when-how-are-they-setup/

An unofficial visit is when a recruit visits a school and pays their way to get there. In most situations, a recruit will take an unofficial visit to see a college team in action on the football field or basketball court. Per NCAA rules, the school is allowed to give athletes a maximum of three tickets to each sporting event that is issued through a pass list. These have to be regular season events within a thirty mile radius to the campus. Basically what that means is the school cannot be giving tickets to recruits of their bowl game or NCAA tournament game. Unofficial visits can occur at any time.

The difference between that and an official visit is that the college programs pays for you as an athlete to take that official visit. They can fly you in or reimburse you for your driving expense included in the visit. There are also more rules surrounding the official visit that includes food, lodging, and other specific monetary amounts that are enforced by the NCAA.

Nov 4, 2015, 11:03 AM

Thank you Tigerman78!

Official visit the school is allowed to pay for all expenses

Nov 4, 2015, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: 5-star LB to visit for Clemson-FSU game ]

Unofficial visit the school cannot pay for anything.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Hey TW - which one allows

Nov 4, 2015, 3:53 PM

the blow & ho's ?

Signed,

Rick Patino

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Nov 4, 2015, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: 5-star LB to visit for Clemson-FSU game ]

I'm impressed by the fact that you like football.many say they do, but when it time to watch the game , well its a different story. To say that your on Clemson message boards. Well I'm impressed.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where have you been?

Nov 4, 2015, 12:59 PM

There quite a few of us "lady tigers" who love college football in general and Clemson football in particular. Sorry, no pigs here either. Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm with you Tiger Nana

Nov 4, 2015, 3:31 PM

I like college football in general and absolutely love watching my Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where have you been?

Nov 4, 2015, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Where have you been? ]

Well. I think its awesome. My daughter loves clemson football, but can't get her on tigernet to save my life. Lol GO TIGERS!!!!

Re: Where have you been?

Nov 4, 2015, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Where have you been? ]

Absolutely. Been a tiger fan for most of my life. I love college sports. Was IPTAY season ticket holder from 1980 to 1994. Went to all the games regardless of weather and traveled to all bowl games. Several times scheduled trios just right where we stayed at the same hotel as the team. Probably hospitality at holiday inn in Jacksonville was most fun. Hubby and friend was going to thief the huge tiger paw sheet hanging in front on hotel by the hospitality tent. They found a ladder and we're just getting ready to use it to access roof balcony when coach Howard walked up. Really funny exchange and wiser heads prevailed and they put the ladder back where the found it. Great times through these years with the Tigers. I become extremely sick following that and now I can only go to games that I can get good parking and lower deck seats. Had a friend for many years that let us use their parking space on champion Blvd walked right into the stadium and sit by the band. Haven't been able to be back in the valley for a couple of years but we are going to be there Saturday. Go Tigers!! Especially all of us Tiger ladies that love the game and have raised our children in those tailgates and stands

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Happy to have you on the Tiger Bored(s)!

Nov 4, 2015, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: 5-star LB to visit for Clemson-FSU game ]

Now...pigs?

TIA in advance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Nov 4, 2015, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: 5-star LB to visit for Clemson-FSU game ]

Also, the player only get 5 official visits during or after their senior year in High school. So if they are going to take their official visits they will usually go to 5 different schools. Although that is not a requirement they could do multiple times to the same school, but the school must be willing to pay for the official visits. A few years ago Mike Davis was committed to USuC and wanted to do an official visit to Clemson but Dabo wouldn't pay so he didn't visit. Dabo got a lot of flack for that seeing as he was the younger brother of James Davis but he was really vocal about not playing under his brothers shadow. We'll we all know how that went. Go Tigers.

Nov 4, 2015, 10:56 AM

I would like to see this young man come back into the fold. He is a great player, and he would add to the team. Hope he chooses us, but the train is leaving the station. It's his choice to make.

Full court press!

Nov 4, 2015, 10:57 AM

We Too Deep! Would be a great addition to a class that is shaping up nicely.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Full court press!

Nov 4, 2015, 12:40 PM

A good old fashioned beat down of fsu this Saturday might just do the trick. I hope that happens and he is duly impressed.

Smith should be our num #1 priority right now

Nov 4, 2015, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: 5-star LB to visit for Clemson-FSU game ]

IMO...

Nov 4, 2015, 11:16 AM

was he here for the ND game?

Has he had an official visit to us this year?

Nov 4, 2015, 11:25 AM

I don't think he has yet.

Nov 4, 2015, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: 5-star LB to visit for Clemson-FSU game ]

He cancelled his ND trip due to the rain. I believe he is taking his official to Clemson in December.

Nov 4, 2015, 11:33 AM

Why on earth would this kid even think about going somewhere else? We are thin at LB. Our 2 starters inside are upperclassman... Venables is the best DC in the country and our D is one of the best in he country. Makes me wonder what's going through this kids head...

Nov 4, 2015, 12:07 PM

Maybe waiting for the bag man from Auburn to show up.

Nov 4, 2015, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: 5-star LB to visit for Clemson-FSU game ]

He's coming to Clemson, he just wants to enjoy the recruiting process, which I totally get being a former athlete myself. With that being said, he should've never committed in the first place, if this was his intention all along. I knew what I wanted to do, and I knew Clemson is where my heart was, some of us are just more mature than others. I hope he comes back, and joins the family. I tell people everyday, Clemson is special, and I'd choose Clemson 100/100 times, if I could do it all over again! Go Tigers!!

Nov 4, 2015, 3:49 PM

But in the long run the ones that do come to Clemson are the kids that fit our culture anyway. The ones that we have lost lately have proven that wouldn't have lasted anyway. I feel that Clemson recruit's not only talent, but character. I for one like the character of this team.

Welcome home, Rahshaun!!!

Nov 4, 2015, 3:47 PM

Good to have you back - sit down. Stay a while. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Nov 4, 2015, 6:23 PM

At what point in the recruiting process do you become jaded with someone? I mean he decomitted and then happens to come by for the biggest game of the year? He's not serious, just out having fun visiting schools, hitting up big games when he can.

I'd do the same thing, but at this point, take him or leave him... We're not desperate. We'll be okay with or without you Rahshaun, just hope you make the right choice.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic