Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football QB Queshun
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,820

Football QB Queshun

Jan 22, 2020, 7:51 AM

During offensive series, QB (TL) calls the play, linemen and others call their blocking schemes, they get set, then QB (TL) will point to some guys on the defense, using either one or both hands. No one sees this but him. Why do this? Who is it for?

Next question will be about the 10 second runoff...still doesn't make sense to me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football QB Queshun

Jan 22, 2020, 8:01 AM

I’m pretty sure he is also talking (shouting?) signals as to what/who has responsibility for the LB, DL, blitzer (potential?), etc.

Besides inducing false starts, etc., crowd noise also affects the QBs ability to be heard. Note, he will also lean in to talk to his linemen.

I’ll leave the 10 sec runoff alone. . . just another attempt to fix a ‘perceived advantage’.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Jan 22, 2020, 8:03 AM

Typically when he does that there is a RB in the backfield with him that is responsible for picking up a blitz. This can also be done as a diversionary tactic.

Jan 22, 2020, 8:18 AM

All-22 heads up display inside the helmut sees everything-

I think there is a worse penalty than the 10-second runoff.

Jan 22, 2020, 9:07 AM

A team has the lead and the ball in the 4th quarter. The 40-second clock is winding down, say to 5 seconds. The offensive team has an illegal procedure, false start, or 6 men on the line of scrimmage penalty. The penalty is called. A new 25 second clock, AS WELL AS THE GAME CLOCK, starts over. This also happens if the play clock runs out. The team in the lead can run a minute off the game clock and never run a legal play.

Just doesn't seem fair to the trailing team.

Jan 22, 2020, 9:45 AM

Thanks!

Jan 22, 2020, 10:17 AM

North Carolina beat Tennessee a few years ago by being flagged for a penalty in the last few seconds of a game and the lost time cannot be added back to the game clock.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,820
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic