Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: NFL scouts are very excited about Tajh Boyd
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: NFL scouts are very excited about Tajh Boyd

May 5, 2013, 2:01 PM

NFL scouts are very excited about Tajh Boyd

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: NFL scouts are very excited about Tajh Boyd

May 5, 2013, 3:30 PM

Very good receivers will make very good QB's look great. And Tajh has had and still has very good receivers. Sammy, Peake, Bryant, Humphries, Hopper, Leggett, Cooper, and maybe Priester will make Tajh look to be the great QB I believe that he is again this year. As we all know and understand, QB's will never look to be as good as they really are without very good receivers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mutual relationship.

May 5, 2013, 4:21 PM

A QB needs good recievers and WRs need good QBs. If one or the other is missing then it doesn't work. Nuk and Sammy, as well as the rest of our WRs are studs but without Tajh putting the ball in the right place for them their numbers would go down. Look at USC this past year with Woods and Lee and how Barkley screwed them up a bit.

They all need a good OL.***

May 5, 2013, 4:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

None of that matters without good coaching...

May 5, 2013, 5:06 PM

lol...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^Exactly. And...

May 6, 2013, 9:06 AM [ in reply to They all need a good OL.*** ]

If it is then true a QB needs very good receivers, a good O Line, and a good running back, and they all need him, then, hmmm...sounds an awful lot like a TEAM sport. Me thinks they all need each other :)

May 5, 2013, 4:24 PM

M. Williams will be very good might be the only WR not too RS.

May 5, 2013, 5:07 PM

Agreed, I was just had the same thought of Williams' potential.

Re: Re: Football Player Update: NFL scouts are very excited about Tajh Boyd

May 5, 2013, 4:25 PM

Fr Wr*

May 5, 2013, 6:18 PM

I think many still have Teddy Bridgewater as the #1 quarterback over Tajh Boyd but it's based on the fact that his arm is slightly stronger, he's quicker, and has more "stereotypical size" than Tajh Boyd. The only real knock I've heard on Tajh from scouts are his height, but he isn't a little toothpick like Manziel, that guy can take a lick. There's also concerns about the system and whether he can move to the NFL without problems, but I think he can. So many teams are going to no nuddle offenses or spread offenses and Tajh Boyd could flourish in the right system.

That being said, if Tajh had gone pro this past year he would have been the top QB taken, no question. I have heard scouts say that and I firmly believe it too.

May 5, 2013, 8:04 PM

There is no question in my mine that Tajh is as tough as they come. The next best thing he has to go with his tough exterior. He has alot of heart with a bright mind with the will to be the best he can be. There are some tough college QB's playing college FB that couldn't have taken the beating that the LSU defense put on Tajh the night of Dec.31 2012. Every time they got to him they tried to hurt him. He just got back up without brushing his self off and would burn them. I hope that when Tajh is done with playing FB. That he will come back and coach at Clemson at some level.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not half as excited as we are

May 5, 2013, 8:10 PM

;)

Re: Not half as excited as we are

May 5, 2013, 9:44 PM

Boyd has great talent, but he could really elevate his game to another level when he learns to scan the field better. Opposing coaches, in particular Ward at South Carolina, notices that Boyd focuses on his primary receiver and rarely throws to a secondary receiver. He really needs to improve in this area.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic