Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Mel Kiper has Watkins ranked #1 WR in the nation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,635

Football Player Update: Mel Kiper has Watkins ranked #1 WR in the nation

Nov 6, 2013, 3:06 PM

Mel Kiper has Watkins ranked #1 WR in the nation

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Way to go Sammy!!

Nov 6, 2013, 3:09 PM

You will be missed next year. Would love to have you for your Sr year, but noone will blame you for getting PAID.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: Football Player Update: Mel Kiper has Watkins ranked #1 WR in the nation

Nov 6, 2013, 3:20 PM

Thoroughly enjoying watching him this year and in the 2 years past, I just hope he signs with a team with a decent QB, it would be ashamed to see his talents not utilized at a Cleveland or similar crappy team!

Nov 6, 2013, 4:28 PM

Hopefully he stays in state and the Panthers pick him up. Smith and Watkins on the field at the same time would be nuts.

Nov 6, 2013, 4:43 PM

I think that disparity between the freaky Mel Kiper and down the middle Tod McShay are telling. Kiper is usually looking for a splash, while McShay presents a more mainstream view. Kiper is right about Sammy, but his analysis is poor. If you watched games last year, Nuke was the best receiver on the field. He was more physical with DBs, ran better routes and had equally good hands. That said, Sammy is an amazing talent with the work ethic to go with it. He'll go in the top 10-15 depending on team needs and whether they like him or Marquise Lee. I like Sammy better, but I've seen him a ton more and may have just a little orange in my blood.

I disagree about Beasley. I think he's a great athlete who will be a solid contributor at the next level. I don't, however, see him as a first round pick, at least not yet. He doesn't have the size to be more than a situational pass rusher in the NFL. The real question is whether he can add 10-20 pounds of solid weight. If not, he's not a first round guy. I see him much like Gaines Adams. If he'd gone out as a junior, he's mid 2nd round. He came back and improved year over year and went top 10.

Nov 6, 2013, 5:19 PM

Sorry but I have to disagree with you totally about the Hopkins was better than Sammy but my real gripe is with the Vic Beasley not a first round pick. If you think Beasley is a 4-3 defensive end then yeah you are right but he isn't he is a 3-4 hand off the ground OLB and Vic has shown the ability to be more than a pin his ears back pass rusher he plays the run very well and doesn't show the lapse of concentration other DE show on read option runs. He has the speed to chase from the back side and to cover a TE on quick reads but most important and the one the NFL really cares about and thats getting to the QB which he does with exceptional abilities. Trust me when I say the NFL can find someone to play 1st and 2nd down but they want someone like Beasley and Clowny for 3rd downs or what the NFL calls "money downs". Why do you think DE are the highest paid position on an NFL defense, thats because they get paid to harass the QB and Vic falls under that heading. Southern Cal's WR lee is a straight line receiver Sammy is an all around receiver that is why he will go in the top 10 and why NFL scouts covet talents like his opposed to ones like Nuks. I love Nuk but I don't think when it come to being an all around receiver he is even close to Sammy.

Appreciate Sammy and Vic

Nov 7, 2013, 9:37 AM

and all they have done while representing the Tigers. No one can blame them for leaving after this season. I just hope they come back during the off season and earn that Clemson degree.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,635
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic