Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: James Davis to visit Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: James Davis to visit Clemson

Oct 15, 2013, 10:11 PM

James Davis to visit Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OF Course

Oct 15, 2013, 10:14 PM

Anyone would want to attend this game for free why not.

Maybe invited by...

Oct 15, 2013, 10:17 PM

could he be the Gameday guest picker?

I think they are probably aiming a little higher than J.D.,

Oct 15, 2013, 10:19 PM

and that isn't a slap at J.D. It is just facts.

Re: Maybe invited by...

Oct 15, 2013, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Maybe invited by... ]

Could he strap up and play RB for us!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting

Oct 15, 2013, 10:17 PM

How many former players do you think Spur Turd the Hat Flipper talks to? I'm guessing as little as possible.

With some of the negative comments Davis has made on Twitter since he left, it would be easy for Dabo to ignore him and move on. I bet Dabo reached out to him. Proud of our coach and his integrity and concern for both current and former players

Re: Interesting

Oct 15, 2013, 10:56 PM

He talks to Sterling Sharp just prior to a free golf tournament, probably to make sure he has a partner who can carry him. Poor Sterling.! I wish he were smart enough to see how he is being used.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is kind of big imo. If everyone remembers he was not...

Oct 15, 2013, 10:24 PM

happy at all with how Clemson handled the end of his brother Mike Davis' recruiting. Clemson knew they had no shot at him and backed off while James wanted them to keep pushing for him. He had some very choice comments to say on twitter being obviously upset by it. Glad to see things are better.

GO TIGERS

Re: This is kind of big imo. If everyone remembers he was not...

Oct 15, 2013, 10:34 PM

and we care why? his brother was the problem not us

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

James Davis was angry towards Clemson and Dabo...

Oct 15, 2013, 10:39 PM

because of this thats why. The fact that they have smoothed things over is big.

Re: James Davis was angry towards Clemson and Dabo...

Oct 15, 2013, 11:44 PM

No 'they' involved. JD returns with his tail tucked between his legs.

Re: James Davis was angry towards Clemson and Dabo...

Oct 16, 2013, 7:15 AM [ in reply to James Davis was angry towards Clemson and Dabo... ]

Yep, and he made his comments public. That stuff should had been kept in house, in the locker room.

I think it was more loyalty to Tommy

Oct 16, 2013, 4:06 PM [ in reply to James Davis was angry towards Clemson and Dabo... ]

Though the play calling in 2nd half of that bowl game with Nebraska cost James a chance to be all-time #1 rusher here

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Corporations are people. So is Soylent Green.

Why wouldn't Dabo and Clemson want a good relationship

Oct 15, 2013, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Re: This is kind of big imo. If everyone remembers he was not... ]

with prior players? Nothing wrong with James wanting his brother at Clemson regardless of where his brother wanted to go.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of my favorite Clemson RB of all time.

Oct 16, 2013, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: This is kind of big imo. If everyone remembers he was not... ]

Welcome home JD. He always had a big game against FSU.

Re: This is kind of big imo. If everyone remembers he was not...

Oct 15, 2013, 11:00 PM [ in reply to This is kind of big imo. If everyone remembers he was not... ]

James was smart. Mike isn't. 'Nuff said.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I remember correctly...

Oct 16, 2013, 12:12 AM [ in reply to This is kind of big imo. If everyone remembers he was not... ]

Mike Davis wasn't interested in Clemson in the end because Clemson wasn't showing him much interest. Clemson was going hard after Gurley and Marshall and thought they had at least one if not both. They cancelled his trip at the end cause they knew he was already pissed off and there was no way he was going to sign with Clemson.

Then Mike is the problem, so is any 18 yo that thinks they

Oct 16, 2013, 1:13 AM

should be getting their butt kissed by grown men. These kids have gotten too full of themselves because of ESPN and others putting them on a pedestal.

Actually.....

Oct 16, 2013, 9:30 AM [ in reply to This is kind of big imo. If everyone remembers he was not... ]

And this has been confirmed. Clemson just had bigger fish on the hook about to bite, i.e., Keith Marshall and Todd Gurley. They slow played him because they were certain that both of those kids were not going to Georgia. Calculated mistake. Can't blame Clemson for going after better backs. Unfortunately it didn't work out so our slow play with Mike Davis bit us in the behind. This happens all the time. Unfortunately it was the brother of a former tiger.

That's not accurate

Oct 16, 2013, 11:35 AM

Mike Davis committed to FLA a year prior to signing day.

Fact

Oct 16, 2013, 11:29 PM

They slow played him from the start. Didn't even offer initially. There were far better players in the class. He would be a fall back and they knew it and felt slighted. The relationship was ruined from the start.

Re: Football Player Update: James Davis to visit Clemson

Oct 15, 2013, 10:26 PM

come on home...enjoy the show

thanks for making my 06 tally trip!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2013, 10:54 PM

I really wish his brother had his judgement and sense of values.

Watch the highlight and you'll remember how much of a beast JD was. Some serious power runs by ole thunder.***

Oct 15, 2013, 11:11 PM

JD!

Oct 15, 2013, 11:53 PM

Man I love that guy. Complete back . I remember when he was a freshman playing with the arm cast. Beast mode! Loved the way he ran.

And he helped get CJ to come to Clemson

Oct 15, 2013, 11:56 PM

I'd rather have had CJ than have Mike Davis

Oct 16, 2013, 12:04 AM

Davis rlly took it to FSU when he was at Clemson. Up until that point FSU pretty much handed it to Clemson on a regular basis. Clemson was improving for sure, but having Davis was the difference. He was a force that FSU didn't rlly have an answer for. Watching him run all over FSU was about as good as it gets if your a Clemson fan...

JD always balled out like you hoped a Clemson Tiger would...dude was an awesome Tiger!!!!!

James Davis is welcome at any Clemson game

Oct 16, 2013, 3:01 AM

as far as I'm concerned. He did a lot for this football program. That recruiting situation with his brother has nothing to do with his legacy at Clemson.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Welcome Home JD!!!***

Oct 16, 2013, 7:15 AM

null

Message was edited by: Orange®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I welcome "thunder" in Clemson anytime....!***

Oct 16, 2013, 7:28 AM

There's part of me that believes JD is NOT "All In".

Oct 16, 2013, 8:17 AM

I believe he was sour towards the end of his Tiger career and probably did not put much effort to pursuade Mike Davis to consider Clemson. I'm not sure today he would try to sell Clemson to a recruit.

Thats just his personality

Oct 16, 2013, 8:34 AM

he's not a rah-rah guy like Spiller. Spiller and Dabo are more alike than Davis and Dabo. You also have to remember, JD either went home or almost went home about 3 days into his first fall camp.

Quite frankly he knew more about how to use his talents than our coaching staff at the time did. He then went to the Browns and got totally screwed by that coaching staff.

welcome back JD!!***

Oct 16, 2013, 9:09 AM

Tell your bro to transfer!***

Oct 16, 2013, 9:18 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love JD ...

Oct 16, 2013, 10:07 AM

There is no telling how many yards he (or CJ) would have had if they didn't split time with one another. Great problem to have, by the way. As for his brother, coming down hard on him for making a decision to play for our hated rivals is not fair. Hate the team, not the kids. He is a great back and he is being used well for the coots. Is it 5 100 yard games now? He's a great back, just like his brother. I wish we could have landed him, but we didn't. I do miss having a powerful back at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gator Bowl

Oct 17, 2013, 7:13 AM

Yeah JD didn't get any touches in the 2nd half. I'm from Jax so me and my pops went. It sucked. Suh was still at Nebraska too. He was killin it. I think JD needed 118 yards to pass Preister.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic