Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Clemson ranked #6 in ACC WR rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,962

Football Player Update: Clemson ranked #6 in ACC WR rankings

Jun 23, 2011, 10:52 AM

Clemson ranked #6 in ACC WR rankings

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Clemson ranked #6 in ACC WR rankings

Jun 23, 2011, 10:55 AM

Not a mention of the #1 WR class for 2011? I suppose if she's ranking only the returning WRs from each team, we would be no better than 6, but come on, Heather. By the end of the season, we'll have the best bunch in the league.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Heather should go cover high school football. Really do you

Jun 23, 2011, 11:04 AM

think espn would have a girl covering SEC football.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2011, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Clemson ranked #6 in ACC WR rankings ]

after seeing us last year where would you put us if you were an outsider. why should we even care what someone says about us anyway. this team is completely different since last year. it will all be done on the field.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2011, 2:52 PM

Anyone who claims to cover the ACC as a professional journalist and who doesn't recognize the skill of our incoming WRs needs to hang it up. If she said outright, "I'm only ranking the returning talent," I would say we're in the right place, but I'd say, "Why?" Every year several teams have a true freshman WR light it up. We've got THREE coming in who can all light it up. I guarantee you, we won't be 6th in the ACC in passing efficiency.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

she cant do it based on incoming frosh w/ no college touches***

Jun 24, 2011, 6:50 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: she cant do it based on incoming frosh w/ no college touches***

Jun 24, 2011, 7:21 AM

Any position ranking has got to be somewhat subjective, or it's nothing but a stat sheet. If all she's done is add up the stats for the returning position players, what's the value of her blog? If she's supposed to be an "expert" offering insight into the upcoming season, then she has to do some evaluation. Otherwise, her blog has no value whatsoever. Any coot can go look up the stats and get out his/her calculator. So what?

I want to know which teams will have the best talent on the field at each position. I don't need some ditz to tell me what players did last year. That's worthless. The stats are there for anyone to peruse. As the ACC reporter for EZPN, I expect her to dig out some information the rest of us don't necessarily know.

With the WR class we signed, at least two of these studs will contribute significantly as true FR. Maybe all three will see the field and put up some good numbers. If she is clueless about that, she's totally worthless.

im just sayin our wr corps was crap last year and u know it

Jun 24, 2011, 8:19 AM

so of course dibich is gonna talk shiz until after this season when we put up the numbers that I know we will :)

Re: im just sayin our wr corps was crap last year and u know it

Jun 24, 2011, 9:07 AM

And I'm saying that if that's all she's got, she's worthless. But we already knew that. The rankings should be about what one can expect, not just what each unit did last year. She should be doing some evaluation, not just simple arithmetic.

Jun 23, 2011, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Clemson ranked #6 in ACC WR rankings ]

Shhhhhh. Remember the NC year. Started unranked and off the screen. Just how we want it. And hopefully the momentum will just keep building.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we'll be #1 when she does this beginin next year. guaranteed***

Jun 24, 2011, 6:50 AM

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,962
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic