Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Brown asks out of Clemson commitment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Brown asks out of Clemson commitment

Jul 14, 2012, 10:14 AM

Brown asks out of Clemson commitment

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Brown asks out of Clemson commitment

Jul 14, 2012, 10:37 AM

Loose him and let him go.But I think he is making a mistake.The Clemson family has his best intrest in mind.

Jul 14, 2012, 11:11 AM

I say let him go. If he doesn't want to be here he will not reach full potential as a player. If the staff doesn't let him go there will most likely be hard feelings and he will not reach his full potential as a player. Good luck to him.

Making room

Jul 14, 2012, 11:11 AM

For more in this class without oversigning. We had him at DE or DT, and there are still some studs out there at either one of those positions in the '13 class!

Not to mention...

Jul 14, 2012, 11:18 AM

If I wasn't academically eligible to get into Clemson they weren't going to be holding any spots for me! I wish him the very best of luck at Marshall though.

Give him his release

Jul 14, 2012, 11:26 AM

If he wants to be a Tiger he can always transfer later

Re: Give him his release- uhh no

Jul 14, 2012, 11:37 AM

if he wants out that ship has sailed. let him go if he wants. but if he goes he isn't coming back

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best of luck to the young man. Marshall is a good school.***

Jul 14, 2012, 11:45 AM

I wish him the best, but Lord look what he's going to miss!

Jul 14, 2012, 1:28 PM

I know the desire to get on the field in college ... any college ... to live the next part of your life.

And I refuse to denigrate Marshall University as a destination.

But to turn away from Clemson ... now ... to begin playering just a bit earlier? Heck, to turn away from Clemson at all?

That is something I could never do.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sadly, in this particular case, Brown's lack of academic

Jul 14, 2012, 1:44 PM

commitment even to a couple of high school courses in summer school presaged his eventual fate had he gone to Clemson---that of Mike Bellamy.

I extend him best wishes into the future but have no doubt that someday he'll slap himself on the forehead and say: "what was I thinking"????

and for pete's sake, go ahead and denigrate Marshall's academics.......after all, "They IS Marshall"....:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2012, 6:54 PM

That is a real problem in SC, and I am sure in other states too - poor academics.
It does not only rob athletes, it robs many, many children that could further themselves in life.
And the Pee Dee area of SC is horrific. Marlboro County graduates less than 50% of their students, and many of those graduate and cannot read. Not picking on that county, because there are many more in SC.

Jul 16, 2012, 11:54 AM

it is a problem in many states. Look at the cheating scandal in Atlanta. Three problems in my opinion:
1. Parents don't care. They wanna blame everyone else for their child's failure, plus too many are handed things because they are jocks or the attitude "we can't hurt anyone's feelings.
2.Face it. Most of the education students aren't the top students. Money is part of it, other is education has become an easier path.In NC there was a problem with teachers not being able to pass the test to get teacher certificates from certain schools. The answer was not to fix the colleges but to dumb down the tests.
3. Lack of discipline in the classroom. Talk about paddling being bad if you want, but when I was in school, there was respect because you knew what would happen, and when I got home it was twice as bad. Last year on the school bus I drive, I had a kid with anger management issues when his meds wore off. One day he threw a book bag at ateacher and crawled under a seat (3rd Grader). Took 4 teachers and an Asst. Principal 25 min. to "Talk" him into getting off the bus. I was told not to leave my driver's seat. Anyone else see what's wrong with this picture?

Jul 16, 2012, 1:42 PM

sorry lazy parents that DO NOTHING to help their kids but do blame EVERYTHING on others; especially the teachers are the main problem!!and yes bring back PADDLING now!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic