Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Guru's - if scu ws in acc wut Team would they be ??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,858

Football Guru's - if scu ws in acc wut Team would they be ??

Oct 28, 2018, 7:34 PM

cuse

bc

Louisville

wake

whatever --- which team do you think equals their football ability / toughness ????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Football Guru's - if scu ws in acc wut Team would they be ??

Oct 28, 2018, 7:35 PM

Citadel

^ Haaaaaaa!

Oct 28, 2018, 7:38 PM

Priceless & bet those Birds haven’t gotten over that embarrassing loss, YET!

Nor should they!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^ Haaaaaaa!

Oct 28, 2018, 7:39 PM

Should have lost to Tennessee as well! But many they suck!!

The Citadel is a well respected program

Oct 28, 2018, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Guru's - if scu ws in acc wut Team would they be ?? ]

with disciplined, motivated and character driven student athletes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Guru's - if scu ws in acc wut Team would they be ?? ]

That is a terrible cut to Citadel.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

u5c is a historically doormat bottom feeding program...

Oct 28, 2018, 7:39 PM

That was the case when they were in the SoCon, that was the case when they were in the ACC, that was the case when they were independent, and that is case now that they are in the $-EZ.

The more things change, they more they stay the same.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 28, 2018, 7:43 PM

I since they are pathetic wannabes I liken them more to UNCheat. Wake knows their place, Looserville is equally as classless but they, up until this year, have done better than the coots ever have. Syracuse and BC are just better than the coots.

The bottom

Oct 28, 2018, 7:47 PM

Everyone forgets. If they were in the ACC, half their team wouldn't qualify for admission. That's why they left the ACC to start with. Kids with options don't want to go there !!!

Louisville,

Oct 28, 2018, 7:50 PM

dump of a city where most of the fans did not attend let alone graduate HS. Trashy coach, trashy city, trashy fans. They are like sister schools.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Louisville,

Oct 28, 2018, 10:57 PM

I've been to Louisville and the greater metropolitan area many times over the last couple of decades. I agree with much of your assessment but Louisville is more prosperous and has more decent areas and educated, and cultured people than Columbia. Probably about the same breakdown per capita.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 8:01 PM

Quite literally, there are no teams in the Power 5 conference with fewer conference championships than the Coots.

Rutgers also has only 1 conference title, has barely over a 0.500 record, and has never been ranked #1 in the AP Poll since its inception. I know your question was about the ACC, but they are the best fit in my opinion. Big talk, try to be physical, but just have never had the results. Unlike the Coots, though, Rutgers does have a winning record in bowl games.

Footnote: Notre Dame has 0 conference championships because they have obviously never been in a conference for football. Mississippi State and Boston College are the 2 other teams with only 1 conference title, but BC also never joined a conference until the 1990s. Miss St is also historically very similar to SCar in terms of win%, conf titles, cumulative AP rankings in each category (Top5,Top10,Top25), number of bowl games, etc.

I guess the best way that I can put it into perspective is that South Carolina has exactly the same number of all-time appearances in the AP Top 5 as a school called Iowa Pre-Flight, and is only barely ahead of Bainbridge Naval and Dartmouth. They are ahead of our apparent rival in this category, though, which of course if NC State.

Oct 28, 2018, 8:20 PM

The worst team in the league, or the next to the worst team in the league, just like their rank in in the secheat.

They did the ACC thing once...

Oct 28, 2018, 8:25 PM

It didn't work well for them, so they took their toys to 'Independent Land', thinking the whole world would follow. They finally realized it's better to ride SEC coattails as the butt of all jokes...all for money. They're a collegiate bordello.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They did the ACC thing once...

Oct 29, 2018, 9:50 PM

More like. they are the pimped of the secheat.

They aren't at the level of Syracuse or BC! Probably a bit

Oct 28, 2018, 8:25 PM

better than Louisville.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They aren't at the level of Syracuse or BC! Probably a bit

Oct 28, 2018, 10:58 PM

As a friendly FYI, Syracuse is a hell hole.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 8:45 PM

They would still be the same team that won the ACC Championship in 1969.

Oct 29, 2018, 9:53 PM

Probably more like NCST, never won nothing and never will.
Once every 10 years or so have a legit top 25 team.
But will never be elite.

Oct 29, 2018, 10:21 PM

Everybody else's cupcake for Homecoming.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,858
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic