Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Folks, if you can't see the effect that s.carolina's being
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,727

Folks, if you can't see the effect that s.carolina's being

Nov 25, 2012, 12:07 PM

in the SEC is having and will continue to have, you're either blind or in serious denial. What I'm saying is with the difference between what they generate in terms of money, exposure, publicity, etc. as a result of being the SEC and what we are dealing with in our abysmal football conference, the gap is only liable to widen. Now I realize that there isn't a whole lot we can do about it, but it's a very real issue that our Board and Administration need to recognize and if at all possible do something about when presented with an opportunity or we're really going to get left behind by them, if we haven't already been.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We must be doing something right in terms of money.

Nov 25, 2012, 12:16 PM

We have the highest paid coaching staff in FBS. So I don't think money is an issue. We also get a ton of exposure. Our games are televised on the same channels and time slots as SEC games.

The SEC is a top heavy conference. The ACC is a weak conference. Our issue is a lack of competition due to other schools in the ACC not having the human resources, facilities, enrollment, etc. to field a strong football team year in and year out.

I think a move to the SEC would be great (assuming they'd have us). But I support the move due to an overall lack of commitment to championship caliber football within the ACC.

SEC doesn't need us plus we've made our bed

Nov 25, 2012, 12:23 PM

for the foreseeable future.

Laying in bed with ESecPN has its privileges!***

Nov 25, 2012, 12:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Keep an eye on aTm....

Nov 25, 2012, 12:24 PM

and how they are doing in relation to Texas. This will be the perfect scenario to study how being in the SEC effects a program.
Texas BY FAR has the most resources of any school in the country. What they do not have is the SEC sales pitch. It will be very interesting to see how aTm program goes now that they have that in their pocket after being "little brother' all these years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep texas A M got it now there fixing to overtake big brother because of all the hype of Sec***

Nov 25, 2012, 4:50 PM

Re: Folks, if you can't see the effect that s.carolina's being

Nov 25, 2012, 12:18 PM

Your going to start a controversy here by assuming we are loosing to them just because they are in the SEC.

That is the biggest reason. Getting in the SEC

Nov 25, 2012, 12:22 PM

changed the culture. They had everything else.

while this is true, you also need to recognize that having

Nov 25, 2012, 12:25 PM

Spurrier's name as the head coach is also a contributing factor.

Fortunately, money isn't a problem for Clemson yet

Nov 25, 2012, 12:26 PM

but I know FSU and MD are in debt trying to keep up in the arms race. I'm not sure how the books at other acc schools look. It is possible to fail with money - see Texas, but the deck is stacked greatly in your favor.

The sec will never take us because there is no money in it. The only option is the Big 12, but then we have to travel far away and lose our recruiting base by playing half our games in the plains.

The heart of our current problem is we recruit awesome skill players and bring in lower tier lineman. The game is won and lost on the line.

I agree with you surroundedtiger

Nov 25, 2012, 1:41 PM

This is my 2 cents worth. I think the kids coming out of high school want to play football in primetime and be recognized. Who gets the majority of primetime games? SEC If the kids see and hear SEC all the time of course they will go to an SEC school to get that exposure. I believe as others have stated that ESecPN has tarnished college football by shoving the SEC in everyone's face. I liken it to a suttle form of brainwashing.

Clemson can't join the SEC....Won't happen

Nov 25, 2012, 5:00 PM

because instate rivalry BS......I for one think running the table and taking the BCS Orange Bowl is great. Problem is we have no challenges to prepare us for the New and Improved SC Gamecocks of this era. And they are, 4 straight. So what can Clemson do. We obviously played them better than GA, and I'm really proud of the D. We got hosed on the pass interference calls, and yes the D gave it up on 3rd on long way too many times. However, they did give Tajh and company 4 opps with great field position, including an interception to put points up and the O came up short. Offense this loss goes to you. The fans lit up Death Valley like Dabo asked and what happened you guys choked.....CHOKED! What is it gonna take to beat a freaking good opponent. I'm sick of this coot crap. Yes, this season was great but you beat a bunch of crappy teams. None that were near the caliber of South Carolina or FSU. None. I will always be a Tiger Fan, but I have right to be pissed. I live in Columbia, thanks for another 365 days of h***. Hope you guys have enough left in you to play your bowl game or mabye you'll just embarrass Tiger Nation again. How many more years does Clemson need........I'm gonna be 50 before you guys are great again or win when it freakin matters........

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,727
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic