Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Folks, do not let anyone try to play the Bama was overrated card.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,308

Folks, do not let anyone try to play the Bama was overrated card.

Jan 9, 2019, 11:58 AM

I listened to, and then called Packer's show yesterday. There are people saying Clemson's coaching was better because Saban continues to lose coaches to other jobs. People are saying Bama was not as deep or had it tougher because they lost and replaced so many NFL players. Blah, blah, blah.

If Bama had won this game, they would have been crowned the best ever. So did one game change the perception of the other 14? Yes and no.

Bama was dominant all year. So was Clemson. The difference is that head to head, Clemson whooped them in a 28 point game that wasn't even as close as the score points to. A nonscoring 10 min drive to end the game may be one of the best drives of the decade! Not hyperbole!! That was complete domination and imposition of will. It was an embarrassment to Bama. So if Bama was that so great all year, and I believe they were, it just means Clemson must have been a world beater. Something I also believe to be true.

Regarding players and coaches.. that is Bama's culture. I won't allow it to be an excuse to cheapen our epic win. Clemson loses players too. But we also retain coaches and players because that is Clemson's culture.

Folks, please don't (or allow others) to cheapen this win. Bama was a great team. Clemson was better and the 18-19 version was a team for the ages.. a team that set the new benchmark for all others to try to surpass in the years to come.

So proud.. #1 CLEMSON TIGERS

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Folks, do not let anyone try to play the Bama was overrated card.

Jan 9, 2019, 11:59 AM

well said.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Little ol Clemson. The greatest team in the history of college football.***

Jan 9, 2019, 12:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 9, 2019, 12:04 PM

I really believe they can lose staff the way they have because they’re recruiting is consistently number 1, with that kind of reloading every year, they basically just plug guys in. This was a victory for the ages, true football fans respect Clemson’s win. All year long all we heard, it’s Bama than everybody else.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 12:05 PM

1000 x Agree with this! I have thought about this the same way as you! but honestly, I hope they continue with these excuses all year! It makes them look silly, and then we can whoop em again!

These are mere excuses, and attempts, to explain away the errors that the masses and the media made in crowning the Fat Elephants all year!

The argument has been Saban can get the coordinators he needs, despite all that....and bama is so deep with talent it doesn't matter who leaves. All that is amazing truth when they win, but when they lose, it morphs into excuses.

The fact remains.....

Clemson destroyed the greatest 14-0 team under Saban…..Tua is the greatest QB ever under Saban…...that offense, can run, pass, score at will. That Defense is a Nick Saban defense...and of course, the ACC team cannot possibly deal with all tha

Jan 9, 2019, 12:06 PM

The narrative was that this was Sabans' "greatest team ever." What, a new narrative now?

Jan 9, 2019, 12:07 PM

They were over rated. They should have been #2 all year long. Everyone should have had us at #1.

I agree. That was a #### good team we beat

Jan 9, 2019, 12:08 PM

I wasn't a fan of the "still haven't played anyone" jokes that were meant to poke fun at the SEC.

Notre Dame was underrated.***

Jan 9, 2019, 5:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 5:08 PM

Tim Bourret said during the broadcast that the 10:03 drive was the longest drive time wise in Clemson history. Done against Bama in the NC game is mind blowing. Heard your call, by the way. Glad for you and your daughter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,308
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic