Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Florida fans as bad as the coots......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Florida fans as bad as the coots......

Oct 31, 2017, 12:53 PM

Amazes me that Florida fans just think they can get whoever they want to coach down there. Just like the coots thought they could get anyone they wanted, that anyone would jump at the chance to coach at that school. Granted Fla is a much better job than chicken town, but their fans think if they ask Taggart at Oregon, or Mullen from Miss ST, those guys are going to fall all over themselves to get that job. I hope they wind up like the coots, and have to take the guy no one else wanted in the first place.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Florida fans as bad as the coots......

Oct 31, 2017, 12:56 PM

Hmmm...would you stay in Starkville, MS over Gainesville, FL?

Would you stay in Columbia, SC over Gainesville, FL?

The fans may think alike, but the there are vast differences in the final destination!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you have never been to a conference champ game

Oct 31, 2017, 1:17 PM

Would you take over for a guy who went to 2 in his only 2 yrs and was fired?

What is lost in all this is mckwhater was doing the right thing.

Seems half his team broke rules and he was punishing them. consequently THEY were short handed and they lost some games.

Do they want a turn a blind eye Saban just to win some foozeball games?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: If you have never been to a conference champ game

Oct 31, 2017, 1:47 PM

yeah, that's the thing, why would anyone want to go to a place where the administration doesn't stand behind you. Yet if he'd let those players play the school, while happy if they win, would throw him under the bus for letting them play if there was a public outrage.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2017, 2:31 PM [ in reply to If you have never been to a conference champ game ]

I think everyone realizes they only reached those SEC Championships because of the defense Muschamp left them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Oct 31, 2017, 2:53 PM

Actually what everyone realizes is that you’re reaching to make Muschamp seem relevant. Nice try. See y’all 11/25 to collect rent

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They also realize there was ZERO chance Muschamp would

Oct 31, 2017, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: If you have never been to a conference champ game ]

have backed into those games if he had stayed at Florida, so there's that as well

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And lost them because of offense Muschamp left them?

Oct 31, 2017, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: If you have never been to a conference champ game ]

nm

Ouch!!!***

Nov 1, 2017, 5:13 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2017, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: If you have never been to a conference champ game ]

So the defense was good because of Muschamp, but the offense was bad because of....anyone other than Muschamp? Gamecock logic never ceases to amaze.

Nov 1, 2017, 12:47 PM

Where did I say that?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Nov 1, 2017, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Re: If you have never been to a conference champ game ]

I know I'm late but this is hilarious. Everyone knows they played in those SEC championships because the SEC East sucks.

If I had a brother in Jail and a brother in any of those

Oct 31, 2017, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Florida fans as bad as the coots...... ]

three places, I'd break the brother out of one of those cities first.

Re: Meh, not really

Oct 31, 2017, 1:03 PM

They actually have a football history and have won 3 natties....Gainesville is certainly a LOT more attractive than Columbia. And the school is actually pretty good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Oct 31, 2017, 2:34 PM

Taggert or Mullen? Those arn't exactly home run hires. Might as well try to get Muschamp back.

HUH??

Oct 31, 2017, 2:46 PM

Its freaking Florida. Location, history, tradition, fertile recruiting grounds....thats an idiotic comparison.

UF can probably get anyone they want.

Oct 31, 2017, 3:15 PM

They have one of the top three SEC schools and they could recruit there as well as anyone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And they went ahead and hired Boom and Mac anyway?***

Oct 31, 2017, 3:40 PM

What? Those two jobs aren't comparable and Florida

Oct 31, 2017, 3:22 PM

probably can get any of those guys. At the least I think they will get one of them. Somebody like Taggert, Mullen, or Frost will be there next year.

Taggert is 5-4 in the weak PAC12 w/ Oregon's facilities

Oct 31, 2017, 3:30 PM

I'd say "No thanks" to that (if I were a Gators fan)

Pretty silly to judge a coach on his first 9 games at a new

Nov 1, 2017, 11:05 AM

program. Especially considering that a) Oregon was 4-8 last year, and b) Oregon was 4-1 this year before losing their starting QB. Taggart built a darn good program at USF and is quite highly regarded. He's also considered to be an ace recruiter and has strong ties in the state of Florida. Not only did he coach at USF for 4 years, he was also born and raised in the state. I don't know if he will end up at Florida or not, but i think he would be a pretty good fit there.

Oct 31, 2017, 3:40 PM

Is this a joke? Florida is a top 10 maybe top 5 job in college football.

Top 10 for sure, but I would put Bama, USC,Texas,OSU ahead***

Oct 31, 2017, 3:45 PM

Re: Top 10 for sure, but I would put Bama, USC,Texas,OSU ahead***

Oct 31, 2017, 3:47 PM

Yea I agree. It is right there with them though. The talent you can get at Florida is unreal.

I'd take Eugene over Gainesville any day.

Oct 31, 2017, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Florida fans as bad as the coots...... ]

It may be a rainy winter in Eugene, but the lack of heat and humidity (especially in the summer) more than makes up for it.

And Nike money much greater than SEC money.

Lol

Oct 31, 2017, 3:41 PM

Florida is one of the best jobs in the country

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But you have to live in Florida.

Oct 31, 2017, 6:39 PM

nm

they might not get whoever they want

Oct 31, 2017, 6:16 PM

but outside of buyouts, a lot of coaches would want to interview for that job... and let's not forget that UF was middling until they hired Charley Pell from Clemson who showed them how to get players... Spurrier then set up the offense to take advantage of the talent and speed the homies had previously been taking to Notre Dame, Southern Cal, Texas, Nebraska and Oklahoma

Re: As also a UF fan,

Oct 31, 2017, 6:44 PM

former AD Foley is part the blame. He was one of the best overall ADs in the country, but made 3 bad Football HC hires (Zook, Lumpy, and Mac) out of 4 (Meyer was the one home run hire). Mac did better with Lumpy's players in his first two seasons than Lumpy did in his last two at UF. I admit UF backed into the SEC E titles in 2015 and 2016. Mac had some bad luck hamper him (Greer suspension, injuries, etc.) but failed to develop a plan B. Mac also failed to develop an offense (his specialty?) and didn't seem to be happy there.
UF has some talent (and has some coming in 2018), if the new AD makes the right hire; UF won't be down long.

Guess those NCs don't set UF and USUCK apart***

Nov 1, 2017, 12:36 PM

Nov 1, 2017, 3:01 PM

I'm an old Gator grad and can assure you the Gators can get almost anyone they want and those who will be expressing an interest will be among some of the best. Money is no object. Recruiting? The Gators have a built in recruiting base. It will take the right coach who can win, get along with the administration and know how to deal with the alumni. Someone like Dabo would be highly successful. Florida talent fuels a lot of schools across the country. The Gators will not get all the in state talent but they can get talent equal to or better than that at Alabama and Georgia. Character issues have been a plague on the Gator team. Hopefully, the next coach can do a better job of screening prospects. Over the years we have recruited players who eventually signed with Florida after we backed off. Several of those have made the news re their questionable conduct off the field.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic