Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Flight Cancellation Options for National Championship?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Flight Cancellation Options for National Championship?

Dec 23, 2018, 12:21 AM

Does anyone have a good plan to share as far as booking flights now for the National Championship? Are there certain airlines that are a better choice for potential cancelled or credited flights? What about fees?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Flight Cancellation Options for National Championship?

Dec 23, 2018, 1:04 AM

Frontier is about only one with full refund availability. You have to purchase it but with the purchase you get one checked bag. One carry on bag and get to choose your seat with the added leg room.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2018, 1:09 AM

SOUTHWEST. NO refund, but you can use full credit towards any flight up to a year. For instance, you spend $350 on SFO flight, you can choose another flight within one year and have a $350 credit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2018, 1:24 AM

Exactly what I did. Southwest for the credit in case the unthinkable should happen in Jerry World. To my knowledge, the only way to get a true refund is having a real and documented emergency. However, i do think you can pay a rediculous amount of money for fully/semi fully reimbursed tickets or some kind of expensive insurance add on.

Southwest is the bomb. I flied and had Diamond status with Dleta

Dec 23, 2018, 2:38 AM

for 3 yrs.. first class, people on the jetway waiting for me then driving me to my gate on the tarmac so I have time to go to the club for breakfast... all that, and I wish I'd spent the $ on SW instead.
Free bags and NO CANCEL OR CHANGE FEES!! No, they won't refund you. For me, we travel enough that anymore it just makes sense to book on SW if you're even thinking of going somewhere, then canceling for a credit if you don't need the flight. Plus, their service is just better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Reserve the flight on Friday night after 9 pm.

Dec 23, 2018, 5:33 AM

Cancel Saturday night before 9pm for full refund if we lose.

Airlines allow you a 24 hr window.

Re: Reserve the flight on Friday night after 9 pm.

Dec 23, 2018, 6:01 AM

Just be sure to book directly with the airline. Third party sites like kayak are not bound by the 24 hour rule. I got screwed one time when something came up and was not allowed to cancel.

Re: Reserve the flight on Friday night after 9 pm.

Dec 23, 2018, 6:12 AM [ in reply to Reserve the flight on Friday night after 9 pm. ]

Do you know if airlines, specifically American, are bound by the 24 hour cancelation if you are using frequent flyer miles?

United has a fare lock plan that let's you hold a

Dec 23, 2018, 8:20 AM

Fare for 7 days for about $15. You can make reservations 7 days before the Cotton Bowl and not exercise the option if (God forbid) we don't make it. That way you're only out $15.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2018, 1:16 PM

My sister booked her flight from Greenville on United using frequent flyer miles. United will fully refund miles for a fee of $75. That seemed the easiest.

Having done this once a few months ago - United will not refund but they hold the money in an account you can use for 1 year. Unless it's a medical emergency they dock you $200. Not the greatest but I guess it is something...

Me---a 45 minute DRIVE to Levi's Stadium. Been waiting on this forever. 1 game and we're there!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic