Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Flame Away...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Flame Away...

Nov 28, 2018, 10:11 AM

https://fullpresscoverage.com/2018/11/26/opinion-clemson-is-the-weakest-team-in-the-college-football-playoff/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just spot the ball and lets get it on!

Nov 28, 2018, 10:19 AM

any one any time.

YES YES YES

Nov 28, 2018, 10:24 AM

Did Dabo write this?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are right about one thing...

Nov 28, 2018, 10:24 AM

if you are going to play Cover 1 or Cover 2, the defense had better get pressure on the QB and quickly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Flame Away...

Nov 28, 2018, 10:25 AM

He mentioned OU and UA but not ND as having an elite QB.

Lucky for us we'll be playing them first.

And we won't have to play OU and UA, just one.

And anything can happen in one game.

Nov 28, 2018, 10:26 AM

Hard to argue with everything he said until the last sentence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 10:26 AM

Click bait, nothing more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same thing I said in an earlier post

Nov 28, 2018, 10:30 AM

Re: I tried asking this the other day, but the level of butthurt
User Logo baker5801® - Orange Blooded [2555 pts / 100%]
posted 1 hour ago

We blitz a lot and play man behind it. The blitzing is designed to either get to the quarterback or force a quick throw (shorten the time we have to cover). When we don’t get to the quarterback it is tough to cover tight for a long time and thus the completions and YAC. If we were playing more zone you wouldn’t see that.

Nov 28, 2018, 10:37 AM

I have clicked on everything I can and cannot get the article to come up.

Did you scroll down?***

Nov 28, 2018, 12:10 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for the laughs

Nov 28, 2018, 10:43 AM

Somebody earmark this for after we win in San Jose . . .***

Nov 28, 2018, 10:45 AM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Somebody earmark this for after we win in San Jose . . .***

Nov 28, 2018, 3:24 PM

Done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 10:48 AM

This type of philosophy is known throughout the world of football...Inability to get pressure on a QB and you will have a breakdown in coverage...Its that simple...

BV would be looking for a new job if he weren't confident enough in our DL to get pressure...Couple this in with bad positioning and it makes for a great day for the opposing QB...This very same scheme worked to perfection the previous two seasons...Better players in the secondary? Maybe...But we have 3 potential 1st round picks on the DL...I am going to live and die by ability to sustain pressure during any game...If it bites us then it bites us...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

the key is to

Nov 28, 2018, 10:55 AM

Pressure the QB and we just weren't doing that against u5c. for some reason we always look really bad in zone coverage when rushing 3. Just hope that BV steps it up in the playoffs...this team has the past few years

Coots have a decent O line***

Nov 28, 2018, 12:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Guess That Guy Forgot We Have an Offense

Nov 28, 2018, 10:59 AM

and Very Strong front 7

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Decent analysis with a click-bait title

Nov 28, 2018, 11:06 AM

Unfortunately this is what low-tier journalists have to do to get people to read their articles. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

It's gotten a whopping 344 views already***

Nov 28, 2018, 12:15 PM

Lol that's great

Nov 28, 2018, 12:22 PM

90% of these thanks to OP.

Yes yes, more blue prints.

Nov 28, 2018, 11:17 AM

All four teams in the playoffs will have weaknesses. All four will be able to beat the other three on any given day.

I keep saying...you just rarely see a BV defense get exposed in a similar way in future games. He’s just too good. We’ll see what happens with Lamar back in the line-up. It’s like people think that our opposition is the only one that watches our games. WE watch our games. WE learn and get better. And again I say, IF what we saw against SC was the exposure of a weakness, that’s the best thing for us. Better against SC, who couldn’t stop our offense, than in the playoffs.

Beat Pitt!

null

Re: Yes yes, more blue prints.

Nov 28, 2018, 12:31 PM

this mindset is toxic. We gave up tons of yards to Texas A&M. Did WE not watch that game? We'd rather make excuses or lie to ourselves than face any critism. But ofcourse, that comes from the top down. I personally know that to be true.

Tell 'em, coot***

Nov 28, 2018, 2:42 PM

Nov 28, 2018, 11:45 AM

Check the picture. Nobody but Ferrell and the Duke LG have reacted to the snap, yet.

Clelin definitely gots the fast twitch thingy going!

The jokes write themselves

Nov 28, 2018, 12:07 PM

Some guy whose main gig (I doubt they pay him) is writing about Celtics basketball (on a site nobody outside of Boston's ever heard of) wrote a hack-y article on another site that I don't think anyone anywhere actually reads, claiming to be an expert on Clemson football? Yeah, OK.

I'd say his analysis of our weakness is exactly right

Nov 28, 2018, 12:35 PM

probably because he figures if coots can do it, anybody can.

Nov 28, 2018, 12:41 PM

Coots are so terrible, clemson must be gawd awful on defense must be his thought process.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 12:51 PM

“ A close loss could get the Bulldogs a rematch against Alabama in the Playoff, but a devastating loss would eliminate Georgia from contention.”

Wow....UGA can lose and still get in. I don’t think I’ve heard that one.

Nov 28, 2018, 1:42 PM

Did we not have this same discussion in 2016 ? Or is it deja vu ?

Nov 28, 2018, 2:25 PM

Seriously? Look at this guy's bio.

John Vogel
John Vogel has been an avid football fan since he was seven. Over the past fifteen years, he has slowly transitioned from fan to analyst, where he now covers Boston Celtics basketball on BostonSportsExtra.com and is the Managing Editor at lwosports.com. John serves as the New Orleans Saints Editor here on Full Press Coverage.

Nov 28, 2018, 2:38 PM

So you are saying he is the equivalent of the average TNet poster and as such his opinion means very very little? I would agree. +1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got TDed for poking fun at him and that site***

Nov 28, 2018, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Flame Away... ]

He must've forgot about our offense.***

Nov 28, 2018, 3:25 PM

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic