Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Five reasons to be optimistic
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Jul 17, 2011, 11:16 PM

The Clemson Tigers are coming off of a 6-7 campaign, but there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic as 2011 approaches. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Five reasons to be optimistic

Jul 17, 2011, 11:56 PM

Beautiful just what we need (being serious) for a great season ahead. To be under the radar is perfect. Time to WRECK SOME TEAMS HIGH HOPES FOR DREAM SEASONS, while we establish our own. Lets start with making huge statement against AUBURN. Show them last yrs close win was just a fluke and now your coming to Death Valley with a new Offense and a hungry Clemson Nation.

Jul 18, 2011, 2:09 AM

Agreed. I like when we dont have a lot of hype on us. When they predict us to do really bad we come out 9-3. When were predicted to do good we do 6-7 (last years example). So really i want to destroy Auburns and USuC dream season. I respect FSU so if they beat us I will be fine with it. But I hope we dont lose to USuC or Auburn.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way:

Jul 18, 2011, 7:21 AM

FSU is the most important game of the season. Period. Remember these guys beat us on a last second 50 + yd fg @ Doak (they also lost to NCST and got drilled by OU). Just because they beat a bad FL team and USC w/o Latimore last year, people think their invincible. If we beat FSU @ home, we've got a good leg up to win the division.

That field goal would have been good from Gainsville. We

Jul 18, 2011, 9:17 AM

have had a fairly long run of incredible breaks against us in football. I hope the worm is about to turn.

Re: No way:

Jul 18, 2011, 10:55 AM [ in reply to No way: ]

EXactly, FSU is the one game that will carry us to big things this season. If we take care of bizzzzness when they come to our house....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2011, 3:24 PM

You may think that. But itll just go to our heads. Then were gonna overlook everyone else. I just wanna beat SCAR most of all.

Jul 18, 2011, 3:25 PM [ in reply to No way: ]

Lattimore is overrated. Clemson shut him down.

Wishful thinking

Jul 20, 2011, 7:43 AM

I'd love to see it but this kid's the real deal.

Re: Wishful thinking

Jul 22, 2011, 1:18 AM

We really did shut him down in 2010.

Jul 18, 2011, 3:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Five reasons to be optimistic ]

You want to start by making a hugh statement against Auburn .With that kind of thanking Troy is liable to take a bite out of a dream season.Optimistic.Clemson can't afford to be optimistic by looking ahead to Auburn.Take it one game at a time starting with Troy and Wofford.

Jul 18, 2011, 8:06 AM

How about let's just beat everybody and it doesn't have to be anymore and than 1 little point

Jul 18, 2011, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Five reasons to be optimistic ]

I agree with you on taking one at a time, and give an effort like every game is for a NC. I almost get sick when I think of the games we should have won where we didn't come with an attitude, and we lost the game. It has happened too many times. Take a nasty demeanor into every game, play every play, and we will be a real factor, especially by the latter part of the season. This team can't coast its way to success, and I hope Dabo knows the natives are restless. Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you look back to every loss and see

Jul 18, 2011, 9:15 AM

where just a couple of plays on offense or special teams could have changed the result , you have to look forward to this year unless you are a true pessimist. I think those mistakes can be corrected to the point we don't have to rely on last second plays to win.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When you look back to every loss and see

Jul 18, 2011, 10:21 AM

Agreed, and I think this OL and OL Coach will get the 3rd and 4th and short yardage 1st downs and TD's by being able to run it up the gut. I want some attitude and nasty back in our "big uglies". We had too much finess in our game up to this point. A great line is one that whips the guys across from them, every play. If we do that, and I think we will do it a whole lot more, then we will have a great season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When you look back to every loss and see

Jul 18, 2011, 3:59 PM [ in reply to When you look back to every loss and see ]

Tommy 'one play away' Bowden, is that you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2011, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Five reasons to be optimistic ]

Agreed! I want us to beat everyone on the schedule especially fsu, vt, and auburn. Their fanbase has been thrashing us on the espn blogs and Im sick of it.

Jul 18, 2011, 3:28 PM

South Carolina has been the worst! I really hate it.

Jul 18, 2011, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Five reasons to be optimistic ]

spell check! or just proof read. or prufe r phreugh

Jul 19, 2011, 12:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Five reasons to be optimistic ]

I was waiting for someone to "Make this Statement"!
Don't look ahead!
"One Game at a Timmme, Sweet Tigers!"

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will beat Auburn. The problem is will we lose

Jul 18, 2011, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Five reasons to be optimistic ]

a game or two that we're not supposed to? We need to go 4-0 (3-1 at worse) with @VT, BC, @ Maryland and UNC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: We will beat Auburn. The problem is will we lose

Jul 18, 2011, 2:04 PM

Most of us as tiger fans have come to expect something like this to happen during the season. This is a new season and I truly believe that we will be fine and shock alot of people in the process.

Jul 18, 2011, 9:11 AM

Excerpt from Chad Morris Offense:
"With that in mind, he has also taken the line calls away from the line itself because he wants them to get lined up and ready to snap the ball with somewhere between 19 and 21 seconds on the play clock."

I have GOT to see this. If this works, I'm am going to totally enjoy watching some TIGER football.

and if it doesn't work, we're going to have a very tired D.***

Jul 18, 2011, 10:36 AM

Re: and if it doesn't work, we're going to have a very tired D.***

Jul 18, 2011, 3:32 PM

Exactly...if it doesnt change for the better then its just gonna destroy our season to worse.

This got me pumped!

Jul 18, 2011, 10:48 AM

Great article! To add to what others have replied... I'd like to see us win by BIG numbers. I would like to see us get our kinks (if we have any) out of this "simple" offense in our first two games while throwing in some Bryant, Watkins, Peake, and Bellamy (maybe even a sprinkle of Stoudt for nerves if something happens). One thing I'd REALLY like to see that pisses me off every time we lose a close one is: I'd like to see us play like we're way behind even when we're winning. I'd like to actually see 100%, and I'd like to see it 100% of the game. There are only 14 potential games a season... give it 100% during every second, college won't last forever. These are the glory days for these kids. They need to make it worth it, and look back with 100% pride later knowing they didn't hold back for a single second! Can I get an amen?

Re: This got me pumped!

Jul 18, 2011, 10:52 AM

AMEN!!!!!!

Mox, is that you?***

Jul 18, 2011, 11:29 AM [ in reply to This got me pumped! ]

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Nope, just good ol' Will***

Jul 18, 2011, 12:22 PM

Started to sound very Varsity Blues'ish***

Jul 18, 2011, 12:45 PM

I'll admit...

Jul 18, 2011, 8:20 PM

I didn't get the reference till you said it. But, it's definitely a compliment!

You're welcome.***

Jul 19, 2011, 8:36 AM

Jul 18, 2011, 11:53 AM [ in reply to This got me pumped! ]

Amen!!!

Jul 19, 2011, 12:56 AM [ in reply to This got me pumped! ]

Preach it, Brother!

this looks a lot more like West's last year to me

Jul 18, 2011, 12:44 PM

I like Chad Morris. I like Kevin Steele. I even like a lot of Clemson's position coaches.

The problem is, thanks largely to two decades of leadership at Clemson that's been nothing short of abysmal - we have done less with more than ANY MAJOR PROGRAM IN THE COUNTRY, check the numbers, not even Texas A&M approaches Clemson's futility over the last two decades - Clemson's psyche is collectively wrecked, and there aren't going to be 80,000 fans in the stands this year...in fact there won't be 70,000 or even 60,000 fans in the stands for a lot of games this year.

So Clemson needs, badly, to win. Right now. Because our fanbase's morale is dangling from a very thin string. But we're breaking in a new QB, again. Our WR corps has been such a disaster Dabo would have been fired for how poorly he recruited there if we hadn't gone and promoted him to head coach...and now we're counting on TRUE FRESHMEN to step in and carry us, thanks to miss after miss at that position. We have no left tackle. Our defensive line and DB corps, so dominant over the last couple of years, has lost a pile of guys to the NFL and we haven't replaced them with even nearly equivalent talents.

Hopefully you're right to be optimistic...but this is looking more and more like another year like 1998. Hope I'm wrong.

Wow man cheer up. Things are looking up.***

Jul 18, 2011, 12:47 PM

Re: this looks a lot more like West's last year to me

Jul 18, 2011, 12:52 PM [ in reply to this looks a lot more like West's last year to me ]

Blue Caddy is that you? Wow some people are doom and gloom all the time. Tough to go through life like that. Course if you are a pessimest, when things happen bad you can say I TOLD YOU SO..pitiful.

Jesus could be our head coach,and some of you would

Jul 18, 2011, 2:00 PM

still find something to crow about.People like that are not Clemson fans,just horribly disturbed individuals who try to bring everybody down to their level of disgust at life in general.Have a nice day.

You forgot to add Justin Parker and Brandon Ford***

Jul 18, 2011, 4:03 PM

Jul 18, 2011, 4:13 PM

I would love to be optimistic, but a little hesitant. I'm no pessimist by any stretch, and I'm not starting out negative, just kind of neutral at the moment.

I was extremely optimistic when we hired TB. I was extremely optimistic when TB hired RS. That optimism didn't turn out too well. So I'm going to continue to pull for the Tigers with every ounce of orange blood in me, and hope for the very best, without going too far expecting it. Sorry, I'm just being honest. Those of you who say I'm not a true tiger fan for saying it, you have no idea what you're saying.

I do, however, disagree with Quozzel. The Tiger fans will pack the stadium game after game. It's what we do!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2011, 1:23 AM

You open with "I would love to be optimistic.." which by default means you are being pessimistic.

Henry Ford said it better...
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.'

What a person thinks, a group of people, the team, etc is all applicable. What you believe inside..flows outward and creates the universe around you..
Winston Churchill said..
"You create your own universe".

personal thought...
When I started pondering and realizing the gravity of these thoughts, my life began to change for the better.
Being positive is a choice..just like choosing "JOY".
Blessings upon you, and GOooooo TIGERS!

Jul 21, 2011, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Five reasons to be optimistic ]

I respectfully disagree although, your thoughts are quite intelligent and quite frankly, I'm impressed. However, just because pessimism is the opposite of optimism, doesn't mean I have to be one or the other. Reverse is the opposite of forward, but just because I'm not going in one of those directions doesn't mean I'm going in the other. There is also 'stop' or 'neutral'.

As Yogi Berra once said: "If you come to a fork in the road ... take it!!"

That makes absolutely no sense, but I needed a quote to combat yours ((smile)).

Jul 18, 2011, 9:31 PM

In the past 20 years we have not brought in the 5 star prospects that we have this year, so thats one thing to look forward to. I don't know if they will all come out and be breakout players this year like some are expecting, but i do know we will be a force to reckoned with in the next year or two. We have a legitimate chance to do good this season though with the right coaching, one thing about Clemson we are never a push over, but sometimes we lose when we shouldn't mostly bc of the kicking or a blown play. We fix that we have a great season!!! GO TIGERS

Jul 21, 2011, 3:11 PM

The future looks very bright.......Orange, that is!! Just keep that positive energy going.

Jul 18, 2011, 9:43 PM

And reason No 1.

It's summertime.

Jul 21, 2011, 3:16 PM

I only need one reason.

BECAUSE IT IS CLEMSON TIGER FOOTBALL!!

Replies: 45