Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
First time posting on this board. Watched most of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

First time posting on this board. Watched most of

Mar 24, 2020, 3:31 PM

That town hall thing on fox today. I don't identify as a Republican or Democrat but I feel compelled to say this. I've been very supportive of POTUS staff until today.

They sat there and falsely cited facts and comparisons between what US has done and South Korea. Surely Dr Birx knows she was shading the truth.

1. Most everyone in sk wearing the n95 mask.
2. Sk very sanitatized overall
3. Practice social distancing more than our policy has
4. 1/7th the size of US so percent wise, many more tests
5. Tracked and retraced all positive cases by using phones and other tracking
6. Test were made available almost immediately

All these measures were how they flattened the curve. Unfortunately, today I lost all credibility in the team POTUS assembled and dissapointed they propped him up. As a senior citizen, I really thought for one of the few times, the US was really trying to be responsible and take care of us aging population. Oh well... Guess money talks. I hope Dr Fauchi doesn't cave.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

l0l!!84!!***

Mar 24, 2020, 3:33 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

kerigantoo? Are you Jeff Gillooly or somethin?***

Mar 24, 2020, 3:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^POTD^^^***

Mar 24, 2020, 3:35 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: kerigantoo? Are you Jeff Gillooly or somethin?***

Mar 24, 2020, 3:45 PM [ in reply to kerigantoo? Are you Jeff Gillooly or somethin?*** ]

Not sure who that is but I'll Google it and let you know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2020, 3:50 PM

Mar 24, 2020, 4:46 PM

Now I remember who he is. Obviously clueless because I don't want to hurt anyone.

It was on a knee-d to know basis.***

Mar 24, 2020, 5:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: First time posting on this board. Watched most of

Mar 24, 2020, 3:41 PM

kerigantoo® is a good dude, cause he always TU's my Tbalm blasts and other inane posts over in the mange....

Mar 24, 2020, 3:47 PM

Thanks bengaline for noticing. You do have some good posts.

As stated, first time in here and clearly way over my little pea brain.

Mar 24, 2020, 3:45 PM

Part of the reason our death rate is so low even though...

Mar 24, 2020, 3:52 PM

we haven't had the number of test which could lower the relative rate of death is because SK got blindsided by the virus. Many Wuhan visitors returned to their homes in SK before the city was locked down.

That's how the virus got to the rest of the world between China's discovery of the outbreak and Jan 30st when Trump shut down travel.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2020, 3:52 PM

My sense is and has always been that Trump does not remotely have the patience to see any kind of protracted lockdown through.

He's a gambler by nature, and absolutely hates listening to "experts" who knows more than he does. His inclination is to disregard them, and always listen to his "gut" instead. And he's almost pathological about the stock market; he apparently tracks it constantly on his phone, and apparently he's tweeted something like 3,000+ discrete mentions of it over his first three years in office.

He also hates sharing the limelight with anybody. Mike Pence and Dr. Fauci are getting a whole lot of face time right now.

I think we all probably suspect what comes next: the Donald going to very quickly tire of watching the markets teeter and plummet, he's going to launch Dr. Fauci and all other nay-sayers off the White House lawn on a catapult, and he's going to re-open America, and let the chips fall where they may.

If the death toll is comparatively mild, we may get away with it. On the other hand if this thing goes, well, viral, and we wind up with a massive brushfire contagion on our hands and upwards of a million dead, well...there's no coming back from that.

I don't have a crystal ball. I don't know how things are going to go. But that CDC state-by-state projection map that showed various scenarios scared the crap out of me. If we had done nothing, we were looking at 100,000K+ deaths in South Carolina, and even with social distancing we were still facing 77K, with a fairly heavy curve...projected over the whole nation, that's a lot of folks dead and the brunt is going to be taken by the elderly.

I hope the experts are wrong.

Mar 24, 2020, 3:56 PM

Why do you 'feel,' this, "absolutely hates listening to "experts" who knows more than he does," and how did Trump build his empire while disregarding experts?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2020, 4:00 PM

Why do you 'feel,' this, "absolutely hates listening to "experts" who knows more than he does," and how did Trump build his empire while disregarding experts?

Seriously?

Sure.

Mar 24, 2020, 4:02 PM

Your feelings are not evidence unless they are evidence you make assumptions then go on rants based on those assumptions. I sure that's not the case.

Re: Sure.

Mar 24, 2020, 4:09 PM

Your feelings are not evidence unless they are evidence you make assumptions then go on rants based on those assumptions. I sure that's not the case.

Like I said, I hope the experts are wrong.

I really do not want to see what a lethal epidemic looks like.

Re: Sure.

Mar 24, 2020, 4:16 PM

We agree. We're both pulling for life.

He built an Empire of Vanity

Mar 24, 2020, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Re: First time posting on this board. Watched most of ]

More myth than man, it is all one big hype machine, nothing of actual value lies behind the curtain.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/06/donald-trump-roy-cohn-relationship

Mar 24, 2020, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Re: First time posting on this board. Watched most of ]

Thank you quozzel. I always respect your input.

I appreciate all the responses. Pretty cool and more informed.

Mar 24, 2020, 4:15 PM

"That is really unfortunate. I would wish that that would stop because we have a much bigger problem here than trying to point out differences. "There really, fundamentally at the core when you look at things, there are not differences. The president has listened to what I have said and what the other people on the task force have said. When I've made recommendations, he has taken them. He has never countered or overridden me. The idea of pitting one against the other is just not helpful. I wish that would stop and we'd look ahead at the challenge we have to pull together to get over this thing." Dr. Fauci

Mar 24, 2020, 4:19 PM

Are you seriously saying you don't give it a week, tops, before Trump fires Fauci and then drives the bus over him?

Have we been watching the same president?

Mar 24, 2020, 4:32 PM

I'm saying they have different functions and both know who is president. I believe Trump fires people who allow their ego to conflict with his authority. They take it personally when they believe they are right and become unmanageable. Fauci obviously does not fit the profile.

I've been fired a couple times for butting heads with the boss after sending memos which documented their errors. I knew it was coming and knew I'd take the blame. Trump tolerates him because he hasn't become unmanageable. So no, by my calculations there's more chance that Fauci would retire than get himself fired.

The exception is greed. If Fauci figured he could spend the next five years as a CNN, MSNBC...talking head and capitalize on his difference with Trump he might retire. I don't think that is probable. I do not believe Trump will fire him.

Want a wager on Fauci being fired in the next say, two weeks? I'll wager 25 points that he won't.

That's how it works.

Mar 24, 2020, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Re: First time posting on this board. Watched most of ]

Fauci is initially painted as a shill for even being in the same room as Trump, then when people see his unmistakable credibility and the fact that he isn't a Trump yes-man, it's time for the patented wedge move. Can't leave a figurehead that the general public likes and respects in a positive association with Trump.

it's all a conspiracy***

Mar 24, 2020, 4:25 PM

THANK YOU!!!***

Mar 24, 2020, 4:26 PM

WE GOT TO STICK TOGETHER IN THIS!!!***

Mar 24, 2020, 4:30 PM

Re: That's how it works.

Mar 24, 2020, 4:28 PM [ in reply to That's how it works. ]

Uh...so it's going to be the media's fault when Trump fires Fauci on Thursday? A "wedge move"?

Or are you saying it's not going to happen?

Not really going to debate what hasn't yet happened, but

Mar 24, 2020, 4:34 PM

a) Are you saying Fauci's general media treatment hasn't transitioned the way I described over the past 3-ish weeks? I don't think I was hyperbolic.

b) Are you saying Trump doesn't treasure positive coverage to a fault? Are you saying Trump couldn't be manipulated by coverage into seeing Fauci as a liability? Finally, are you saying the media doesn't know about this particular predilection of his?

Also, not sure you've noticed, but I've tried to engage with you in friendly conversation on multiple threads now where you had replied to me, with no response from you, so if you're looking for 2-way communication, jump on in.

regarding a)...

Mar 24, 2020, 4:58 PM

How would you categorize T3's opinion/portrayal of Fauci? What is inspiring that type of reaction? How does his reaction fit the narrative you're describing?

T3's response I'm referencing:
He(Fauci)isn't completely blameless. I respect his work and advice, but he's definitely an academic getting his 15 mins of fame. Most people wouldn't even know who this guy was if it wasn't for this virus. He got out of his lane a little at the beginning...not because of what he said but how he said it. Then he got better over the next few weeks at striking the balance between info and panicking the public unnecessarily. So just as I thought he was doing pretty well, he goes and does an interview and spouts off about Trump. He has a right to do that, but knowing Trump's past with other advisers, it probably wasn't the brightest move. Personally, I hope he stays but he hasn't exactly helped his own cause.

That's easy....I don't agree.

Mar 24, 2020, 5:14 PM

Fauci is a talented and knowledgable doctor. I don't see him as a polished talking head who knows which questions are loaded and which aren't. Seems like a guy who's going to answer what's put before him as honestly as he can.

but that's not even being a polished talking head

Mar 24, 2020, 5:24 PM

I know many skilled Dr's....several in my family. I'd trust

Mar 24, 2020, 5:29 PM

my life to any of their opinions, and I can say without hesitation that all of them would step on their own Richards far more times per interview than Fauci does, and they wouldn't even realize it.

Very true.***

Mar 24, 2020, 5:35 PM

I'll be honest, I'm awed by the stamina and drive of all

Mar 24, 2020, 5:40 PM

these people.

Fauci for instance (since we're talking about him). He's 79! I'm 45 and in reasonably good shape and it makes me tired just watching those guys stand in one place for two hours. He's gotta be pulling 18+ hour days, multiple interviews, constantly reading data, etc and he's expected to be picture-perfect in all of them. There's more to that for a guy with his background than fame or money, there's gotta be a genuine sense of purpose.

Re: I'll be honest, I'm awed by the stamina and drive of all

Mar 24, 2020, 5:45 PM

I think two things could save him.

Mar 24, 2020, 5:47 PM

1) Having him on the team is positive PR for Trump, and he doesn't generally steal the limelight.
2) He's a NYC guy...silly as it is I suspect Trump trusts the background more because he knows it.

Re: regarding a)...

Mar 24, 2020, 5:19 PM [ in reply to regarding a)... ]

You're misreading what I was asking for

Mar 24, 2020, 5:28 PM

I understood your point. But I was curious how Obed felt about the point you were making in context of what he was arguing.

I didn't need your opinion because your opinion on your opinion was unnecessary. ;)

Re: You're misreading what I was asking for

Mar 24, 2020, 5:38 PM

T3's clearly an untrustworthy deviant.

Mar 24, 2020, 5:41 PM

Oh sorry, you were asking deweather.

based on what he previously wrote...

Mar 24, 2020, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: You're misreading what I was asking for ]

I was curious as to his opinion on what you said in your post.

He answered it.

Re: Not really going to debate what hasn't yet happened, but

Mar 24, 2020, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Not really going to debate what hasn't yet happened, but ]

Well, I do think the media's been conditioned to be inherently suspicious of the clown parade Trump tends to trot out - for the most part what they've seen is a growing list of increasingly unqualified sycophants take over, and watching a plain-talking competent dude like Fauci trot out was kind of a switch. Not really arguing there.

In the past, the call-it-like-they-see-it competent dudes haven't made it for long under Trump...see James Mattis, see Dan Coats, see even your guy Steve Bannon. But again, is the media really "manipulating" Trump, or are they doing what the media always does, which is poke at sensitive areas and see what pops out? And how is that kinda not their job? And if Trump is indeed so insecure and narcissistic that he can be manipulated into firing competent servants simply because the media pokes at obvious fissure points, it's somehow the media's fault?

C'mon. The media is not, and has never been, very nice, in a lot of ways. In a lot of ways, actually, they're pretty much a bunch of opportunistic vultures who live for that moment when they can score that scoop and catch a big fish with their pants down. And they have always been like that. I wouldn't like reporters much either, if I was a politician.

But they are necessary. Because in places where they aren't there with the cameras and microphones rolling and holding our avaricious little elected officials to account, you see Xi getting named Chairman for Life in China, and Putin getting the Russian Constitutional Court to reset his term-limit clock back to zero so he can serve until 2036...whereupon he'll just move the goalposts again, if he's still alive then.

If the media starts playing Nerf football with Trump, they're basically State TV, which a lot of folks would argue Fox has become anyway.

They are not SUPPOSED to be nice to our elected officials.

You always start out logical and reasonable at the beginning

Mar 24, 2020, 5:10 PM

So once again, we mostly agree.

Mar 24, 2020, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Not really going to debate what hasn't yet happened, but ]

Fauci was treated as I said, and the media is (on some level) playing Trump about Fauci like I said.

As far as blame goes, shame on them for playing puppetmaster and shame on Trump for unintentionally playing puppet....that ego just can't take anything less than 99.9% public and private agreement, and it's a fatal flaw.

I'll disagree about domestic media during times of crisis like the present. I'm not asking them to be willing state-run automatons, Pravda-style, but perhaps during times of national crisis, a little less manufactured dissension and outrage would be appropriate. It would seem to be a great time to just go back to reporting the news purely instead of playing such an active role in creating it.

I don't think I'm being over-the-top by wondering out loud of we would have had such national unity and sense of purpose in WW2 had the media then actively injected themselves into the news the way they do today.

If and when Fauci gets fired

Mar 24, 2020, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Re: That's how it works. ]

He has a propensity to dismiss any opinion which...

Mar 24, 2020, 5:58 PM

which takes his spotlight. He never practiced a day in his life and has lost touch with the reality of saving lives due to humans and disease being nothing but stats to him.

He's a mousy little guy who I take with a grain of salt. His opinion rarely reflects variables and he is covering his asz every time his mouth opens.

That doesn't mean I dismiss him or value his opinion.

lol***

Mar 24, 2020, 6:05 PM

We agree more than not, but not on this one.

Mar 24, 2020, 6:07 PM [ in reply to He has a propensity to dismiss any opinion which... ]

I'm not gonna put the guy on a pedestal or anything, but you could figure out a way to clone you and me and leave the machine turned on for a couple months and we still wouldn't save as many lives as this guy has in a single lifetime.

He deserves a little more regard, if not respect, than that IMHO.

Showing my age here....but

Mar 24, 2020, 4:18 PM

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Baghdad Bob is ageless.***

Mar 24, 2020, 4:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2020, 4:44 PM

You want to live in a nanny state where the govt saves you? When has a US government ever done anything for the American people other than turn them into debt slaves and fleece them with impunity?

Mar 24, 2020, 5:09 PM

Definitely don't want a nanny state but there is two things I do expect the government to do, protect the country I love and fight for... Freedom. And free from all enemies foreign and domestic. We have a wonderful opportunity here to bond with each other, get in touch with our true self and love our neighbors. How we can do this is isolate.

At least that's my hope. Give us a little more time... We're all precious and all( I think) have a common bond and definitely love our TIGERS!

I truly thank everyone for their input. I feel more informed.

The emperor has no clothes !!

Mar 24, 2020, 8:44 PM

but his subjects refuse to see.

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic