Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
First Time Clemson Visitor
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

First Time Clemson Visitor

Nov 14, 2018, 3:21 PM

Hey everyone I am traveling from PA to Clemson tomorrow for a weekend of fun and visiting with my sister who is a freshmen. This will be my first time at Clemson. What are your nightlife suggestions, top food spots, tailgate/game recommendations? Really looking forward to enjoying what Clemson has to offer and appreciate your help! Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcomei PSU...

Nov 14, 2018, 3:29 PM

Pointed you up, hence 1st point on your profile.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Enjoy! The weather should be great!

Nov 14, 2018, 3:41 PM

Plenty to do downtown from a food/bar standpoint. Just wander from TD's to Tiger Town Tavern to Nick's or Backstreets, to name a few.

For something a bit medium price, try the Palmetto Smokehouse or the Blue Heron. If you want to go upscale, Calhoun Corners or Pixie and Bills.

Hit the SC Botanical if you have some time to kill during the day and even though it's cool, get some good Clemson Ice Cream at the 55 Exchange in the Hendricks Center.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Enjoy! The weather should be great!

Nov 14, 2018, 3:46 PM

Appreciate that! Weather does look fantastic, much better than this snow/ice I am escaping up north

Nov 14, 2018, 8:52 PM

Give us some insight on how to beat Pitt in exchange for some restaurant recommendations

Nov 15, 2018, 8:32 AM

As long as the team makes it to the ACCCG you will beat pitt lol....but in all serious sell out to stop the run. Penn State dared Pickett to throw the ball and he could not. Their defense is also below average and special teams are downright awful. Clemson 38-10

Clemson D always stops the run.

Nov 15, 2018, 8:44 AM

It’s kinda their thing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2018, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Enjoy! The weather should be great! ]

You probably SHOULD sample Clemson Ice Cream, just to compare with The Creamery.

So, how did Sis end up with the brains in your family? ??

Nov 14, 2018, 10:14 PM

Where can you get the ice cream.. I definitely want to try that

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Nov 15, 2018, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Enjoy! The weather should be great! ]

She is the smartest out of the three of us! She decided between PSU and Clemson and I honestly wanted her to go here. If not for college athletics I would have been down south as well.

Since when is Pixie & Bill’s upscale?!?

Nov 14, 2018, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Enjoy! The weather should be great! ]

Not trying to be a jerk, but I’m not sure how it can be considered an upscale establishment.

If the OP wants upscale, I’d recommend Rick Erwin’s.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Anytime I drop $200 on a dinner for 2 it is upscale.

Nov 15, 2018, 8:33 AM

Went there for out 30th anny in May.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: First Time Clemson Visitor

Nov 14, 2018, 4:05 PM

Hit the Esso Club

and get some cool Clemson gear

GO TIGERS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2018, 4:08 PM

Absolutely will be going home with lots of Clemson gear!

my advice would be

Nov 14, 2018, 4:06 PM

cow tipping, then looking for mushrooms. Oh, and there is a chic fila

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: my advice would be

Nov 14, 2018, 4:08 PM

ChicFilA is the epitome of fine dining.

They do have moist toilettes.***

Nov 15, 2018, 8:35 AM

Nov 14, 2018, 4:09 PM [ in reply to my advice would be ]

Hey we do have chic fil a in southern PA!

Nov 14, 2018, 4:50 PM

What you DON'T have is Bojangles...it's BO time!!!

Ask some co-ed if she'd like to play

Nov 14, 2018, 5:26 PM [ in reply to my advice would be ]

'Hide the Corncob'. They always like to participate in that game. It's a southern tradition.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Nov 14, 2018, 4:10 PM

As I understand, you’re not a true Clemson fan unless you voted for Ninety-Six

Nov 14, 2018, 4:21 PM

Smoking Pig in Pendleton for good BBQ

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2018, 4:26 PM

The freshman sister doesn't know this by now? Shame.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 14, 2018, 4:32 PM

I think she knows most of the top spots outside of the bar scene. Figured the board comprised of alums/fans would be able to help me out better than her lol

Nov 14, 2018, 7:24 PM [ in reply to Re: First Time Clemson Visitor ]

Yep!

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Mmmmm, ribs***

Nov 15, 2018, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Re: First Time Clemson Visitor ]

Nov 14, 2018, 4:32 PM

I also suggest Smokin' Pig in Pendleton for some good bbq. Have your sister walk you around campus to take in the surroundings...ampitheater, reflection pond area, Tillman, Bowman (will have a lot of military equipment on Sat, since it's Military Appreciation Day). If you have any, bring purple to wear to the game on Sat...it's a "purple-out." If you don't, buy something downtown. You and your sister could probably step into any tailgate and feel welcome. I will send you a TMail...y'all are welcome to come tailgate and have some food at our site...the more the merrier. We usually have 3 or 4 families together (including some college kids) and get there before sunrise.

Nov 14, 2018, 4:36 PM

Thanks so much that is really appreciated. Can't say I have much purple in my wardrobe so I will be purchasing a lot of gear. I'm a Penn State fan so I am programmed to participate in stadium wide "color outs!"

Nov 14, 2018, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Re: First Time Clemson Visitor ]

If you have a pet who needs medical attention while on yr trip, I can recommend this guy!

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

There’s a great bar west of Seneca.

Nov 14, 2018, 4:38 PM

They have a 1997 ms hooters girl that works there. Super classy place. Highly recommend.

I don't know how y'all do things way up there in PA, but

Nov 14, 2018, 4:56 PM

at Clemson for a 7pm game people will be tailgating in the morning. Some people by early morning, many people by mid morning. You will be welcomed at tailgates with food and beverages so feel free to walk around and talk to people at different tailgates. You'll get lots of stories and people can point you in the direction of attractions to see.

Enjoy your time at Clemson!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I don't know how y'all do things way up there in PA, but

Nov 15, 2018, 8:42 AM

That is what I like to hear! Nothing better then starting the tailgate bright and early.

Nov 14, 2018, 4:56 PM

As a new member of the board, at some point in this thread you will be asked to post pictures of your sister. Do not fall for it! Hope you enjoy your first visit to tiger town! Save you ticket stub, for games where we score over 27 points you get free Bojangles.

Nov 14, 2018, 5:11 PM

Someone in here will probably ask you to post a of your sister................

DON'T DO IT!
:)

Nov 14, 2018, 5:40 PM

Heck I'm waiting for the pics!!!

Nov 14, 2018, 5:16 PM

Smokin’ Pig BBQ for dinner. Esso Club for drinks.

Nov 14, 2018, 5:41 PM

The Esso Club right next to the stadium has the best Cheese Burger baskets as you will ever get any where.

Welcome, First Time Clemson Visitor!!!!!!

Nov 14, 2018, 5:18 PM

These guys n gals will steer you right.....

post a pic of your sister so we'll know who to look for....

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOL!!

Re: Welcome, First Time Clemson Visitor!!!!!!

Nov 14, 2018, 6:33 PM

Will you be pulling for Clemson or Pitt in the ACC Championship game? Asking for a friend's sister.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Welcome, First Time Clemson Visitor!!!!!!

Nov 15, 2018, 8:38 AM

I am pulling for Clemson every week and even more so when they play Pitt! Maybe ya'll can score more than 51 on them.

Nov 14, 2018, 7:22 PM

Well if you promise not to tell anyone, I'll let you in on a little known secret - Thomas Green Clemson was also originally from Pennsylvania. His house, which he and his wife inherited from his father-in-law John C. Calhoun, is in the center of campus on Fort Hill St if you'd like to take a tour. There should be some military stuff on Bowman Field Saturday. The team arrives 2 hours and 10 minutes before kickoff and is dropped off on Perimeter Rd behind the West Endzone for Tiger Walk through Lot 5 and into the stadium. 1.5 hours before kickoff is a pep rally in the amphitheater, followed by a parade down Fort Hill St and around the North side of the stadium with Tiger Band, the cheerleaders, and The Tiger and Tiger Cub an hour before kickoff. Be in your seats about 18 minutes before kickoff for the traditional pregame show which concludes with "the most exciting 25 seconds in college football" as the Tigers run down The Hill about 2 minutes before kickoff.

Nov 14, 2018, 7:27 PM

Oh, being senior day, the seniors will arrive in a separate bus before the rest of the team and get individually recognized before each one runs down The Hill. Then the band will strike up Sock It To 'Em/Orange Bowl March/Tiger Rag for the normal entrance. So timing could be off a little to accommodate the senior recognition.

My favorite bar is Backstreets

Nov 14, 2018, 8:38 PM

Good place to get some wings & watch the noon games before heading out to tailgates in the afternoon

Good bar for night life as well, along with Tiger Town Tavern (Triple T's)

Nov 14, 2018, 8:44 PM

Bring me back some boiled peanuts. I'm in Philly.

Nov 15, 2018, 8:39 AM

I am in Chester county so right next door.

where in Chester Co?

Nov 15, 2018, 9:28 AM

Mother in law is originally from Westchester...Inlaws moved back to that area (Exton) right when I (& now wife) graduated and lived there for a few years before moving around a bit more...I lived in NJ at the time, so I spent a lot of time in Westchester/Exton/Malvern...got married @ Westchester First Presbyterian...

Heck, my college choice came down to Clemson and PSU at the very end....

Welcome and enjoy the weekend!

I can highly recommend Esso Club

Nov 14, 2018, 9:12 PM

Classic college bar, and great food too. It is arguably the #1 thing to do when visiting Clemson (aside from going to the game itself).

There are some cool stores downtown for you to check out for Clemson gear. I like Mr. Knickerbocker. The Tiger Sports Shop is very good also.

Have fun! Safe travels!

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I can highly recommend Esso Club

Nov 14, 2018, 10:09 PM

Ironically, I like Judge Keller's for more old school type apparel, even if Judge Keller above recommends somewhere else...

If you have some extra time....

Nov 14, 2018, 10:22 PM

...you might run over and visit Greenville. That's the big metro area where many of us actually live and work. Downtown is over-run with things to do, eat and see....One of the best kept secrets in the South..!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2018, 10:26 PM

Please visit this site once you return to PA and let us know your thoughts on your visit.

Always enjoy hearing feedback from a first timer, especially when their home base is a place like Penn State.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 8:40 AM

Will do! Really excited to experience gameday in the south.

PSU

Nov 14, 2018, 10:39 PM

Where are you coming from in PA? I am from Waynesburg....send me an email at robertkayla1@gmail.com and I can give you some places to hit also.

Nov 14, 2018, 11:06 PM

Welcome and have a great weekend!

Black's Smokehouse in Seneca. Go for lunch (by 12:15).

Nov 15, 2018, 7:21 AM

Th, Fri, Sat only. Cash or Check only.

Get the Smokehouse and split it with your sister.

"You'll thank me later."

I suggest hitting up several spots downtown

Nov 15, 2018, 8:50 AM

The ESSO club is a Clemson tradition and an absolute must! Then hit TDs and Tiger town tavern. If you like some good Cajun food or oysters, then try Palmettos Smokehouse downtown. Dont forget to swing by the Tiger Sports shop to pick up the latest and greatest Clemson apparel as well. Hope you enjoy your trip down here. Come back and let us know what you did and what you liked most. GO TIGERS!

The poor man is

Nov 15, 2018, 8:56 AM

Gonna gain 25 pounds...and maybe...maybe, have time to see the game! LOL! Could be worse fates!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol it will be 25 pounds well invested!***

Nov 15, 2018, 9:06 AM

Clemson Milkshake

Nov 15, 2018, 9:10 AM

Like PSU - Clemson makes its own ice cream. Go by the Hendrix Center and get one - and take some Clemson blue cheese back home.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/why-dont-you-read-what-others-have-said-19355748

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic