Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
First Marathon - Thank you!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

First Marathon - Thank you!

Nov 8, 2012, 12:45 PM

I finished my first marathon last weekend and just wanted to thank everyone that commented on the thread (http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=13032904) I posted a couple weeks ago for their advice. Some of it as a great help, some of it was a great reminder, and some of it was hilarious (finish before the game...certain advice for making sure parts I don't have as a girl were taken care...those were some of my favorites) My time wasn't great but I fished which was the main goal. Here's to more to come! Thanks again for the great advice and...

GO TIGERS

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: First Marathon - Thank you!

Nov 8, 2012, 12:51 PM

and you fished too. amazing you found the time for that. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: First Marathon - Thank you!

Nov 8, 2012, 1:49 PM

haha oops! "fishing" would have been much easier!

Congrats!

Nov 8, 2012, 12:57 PM

Toe nails are overrated anyway. A fellow grad and I ran the 1/2 through DT columbia last weekend as well. We were decked out in orange and purple which made it extra fun because of the Scar students that came out to hand out water. It was a good course with a lot of hills (I think 1000+ ft of elevation change). I'm probably going to do a full next year; how was the Savannah course?

Re: Congrats!

Nov 8, 2012, 1:47 PM

The Rock and Roll marathon series, I learned this weekend, is known for putting on an AMAZING half marathon and then seemingly tacking on mileage somewhere for the full. The course was great in Savannah until the half marathoners split off from us. We ended up running a couple of miles on the interstate which eventually took s to Savannah State College which was nice then back down the interstate to downtown for the finish. If you are looking for a first one I would definitely recommend it since there is minimal elevation change. The other runners and spectators were great. My crew got really lucky with 2 great "cheerleaders" who met us with potato bites for a carb kick, orange slices, biofreeze, and 9thank you Lord!)socks for me when my compression socks started causing a problem. If you can get a support person or two it makes all the difference in the world!

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic