Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Finebaum lives rent free in our heads.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Finebaum lives rent free in our heads.

Aug 8, 2019, 10:06 AM

Finebaum is a guy that does not talk about football very much. He's all about celebrity. Finebaum is an Alabama guy who talks mostly about the University of Alabama football program and Coach Nick Saban.
Finebaum is an SEC guy who talks, works and lives largely inside an SEC bubble.

And yet Finebaum is the most frequent topic of discussion on our board. Mr. GobSmacked himself is living rent free in the minds of a whole lot of Clemson folks, including me.

I'm going to quit paying attention to Finebaum.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson lives rent free in Finebaum's head

Aug 8, 2019, 10:08 AM

if you ask me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finebaum gets paid ..***

Aug 8, 2019, 12:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

What you mean by "our", Kimo Sabe?***

Aug 8, 2019, 10:10 AM

Re: Finebaum lives rent free in our heads.

Aug 8, 2019, 10:15 AM

who?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It took you long enough. But welcome to the club.***

Aug 8, 2019, 10:18 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not mine. I don’t watch him or take what he says seriously

Aug 8, 2019, 10:19 AM

Btw he’s a Tennessee grad. He’s just found a niche in Bama and is cashing in on it. Basic economics.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Aug 8, 2019, 10:40 AM

Lives on Harley's head...

Not mine! He is, however, stting up a great "Round 5"

Aug 8, 2019, 10:42 AM

when it happens at the end of the year though. Getting people on both sides all worked up - Both sides being Clemson fans and all others not "Bama" fans.

Gonna be good to spank their bottoms again! :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Aug 8, 2019, 10:57 AM

I don’t watch Finebaum regularly, I see him once or twice a month, maybe. Yesterday when there was all of the talk, I went to the crybaby network. What I saw and heard was Finebaum mentioned Clemson in every single segment for 45 minutes. They weren’t talking about Clemson, but Finebaum would circle back to Clemson again and again and again.

So who’s living rent free in who’s head?

Aug 8, 2019, 11:01 AM

I dont care what he says. Even when I watch him I dont care if he bashes us. It doesn't matter. I don't care what anyone says about Clemson. It doesn't matter.

44-16

Aug 8, 2019, 11:11 AM

says it ALL!

Case closed.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's like the Skip Bayless of CFB except his focus

Aug 8, 2019, 11:13 AM

is a little narrower (Bama, SEC, and a few other elite programs). The premise is the same though... he intentionally makes dumb, inflammatory remarks to rile up fanbases and get them to talk about him.

Aug 8, 2019, 11:26 AM

Finebaum's fortunes are tied very closely to Nick Saban's. Before 2013, he was a radio host in Birmingham, broadcast statewide and a little bit into neighboring states. He has a vested interest in promoting all things Crimson and, since he's a "sports radio personality"--as opposed to a sports analyst, commentator, or otherwise expert--he's got to play up the personality. It's his brand. It's nothing personal against Clemson; it's whoever challenges Alabama's dominance.

So, listen to him or not (I've never paid any attention to him, even when I lived in Birmingham), but understand that, the more Clemson wins, the more he will ridicule us, because that's his schtick--and that's really what Finebaum is: virtually all schtick, little or no substance--that is, except to the jealous coots and whiny Tiders who can't tell the difference.

You can see the schtick-substance issue by comparing what he's reportedly saying on his radio show (schtick) with what he says on televised ESPN shows (halting attempts at substance). A presidential candidate couldn't be more pandering.

Aug 8, 2019, 12:18 PM

Agree with Harley. Finebaum says what he says to get a reaction. Every time you click on a story or website or listen to his show, you are putting $ in his pocket. You want to shut him up about Clemson, don't respond. If he's not getting clicks and response from us, he's look to some other fan base to antagonize.

Look at pictures of our NC Trophy and start focusing on GT. Bama ain't worth our time or attention right now. They are yesterday's news. Let's look to tomorrow.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic