Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Finally broke the CDC double secret code
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Finally broke the CDC double secret code

Jan 20, 2021, 11:07 PM

and got an appointment in just two days. By entering my zip code , the CDC would not give me a Prisma location in Greenville so I could get registered at the mass vaccination spot at the old K-Mart. If anyone wants an appointment enter the zip code for Greenville 29605 and the K-Mart location has tons of openings...... that is, unless the CDC does the same thing they have done to me 3 other times - give an appointment when no shots were going on. And the Prisma website says they are working every day this week.

Message was edited by: clover65®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Finally broke the CDC double secret code

Jan 21, 2021, 12:54 AM

Glad you found a site. While there, ask if they can schedule you for your second injection.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2021, 5:33 AM

Thanks, and +1 Clover, but I have stop sweating that vaccination bc it's like they are playing games with the Taxpayer that pays their salary!!! I'll just do what I have done for a year to keep myself and my wife safe from the idiot that don't have any respect for themselves by refusing to wear a mask...

My wife and I wear a good quality mask, and we use a disinfectant every single time we touch anything outside of our home, and we do the same before get back in our vehicles. Also, if we purchase anything from any business, it is spayed all over with 91% alcohol regardless of what it is. That has kept us safe so far, and we will continue doing what we do until our number comes up, and until then, My wife and I will not waste another minute trying to get another appointment bc, that BS they say about they are trying to get high risk people first, it's false empty BS lies!!!

My wife will be 71 in August, and she has high risk condition of COPD, and high BP. I'll turn 69 my next BD, and I have diabetes, and high BP. If we get to speak with someone, we are told that we will be contacted as soon as they get all the care workers, and I personally believe that is a BS lie bc, those folks was suppose to have already been done. They are getting all their friends, and family, and all the friends,of those families, so on, and so on!!!

I would bet anything that I have, that completely healthy young are getting the vaccine, and being put ahead of the people of high risk bc of who they are kin to, or by who they know that are giving the vaccine!!! If I call them again, I would feel like I'm begging for what I should have already gotten, and I'm not going to do it!!! Hey but thanks for the info Clover, and hopefully it will help someone that are really at a high risk!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2021, 7:24 AM

Do you live in SC? In my area and in Summerville where my sister is your age group has the vaccination available to them. My BIL and sister are almost identical ages of the two of you and they had the vaccine probably 2 weeks ago. That was the first shot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2021, 7:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Finally broke the CDC double secret code ]

Allinallorange, I understand your frustration. I had been trying to get my 85+ y.o. father to sign up for an appointment since last week. After hearing my father talk about passwords and such, I decided to just go ahead and get into it myself.

I was able to get him registered and begin trying to set an appointment date. The CDC's site for the various locations is quite aggravating. Tried Prisma first, because it is the closest. Every available date that had, what appeared to be, available time slots were already taken by someone else. That was the aggravating part of the website. If a time slot has already been taken, then it should not show as available. But what do I know, I'm just a lowly engineer and not an IT pro.

While sitting on hold with the CDC to let them know what I thought of their website, I decided to expand the search radius to show all available sites within 100 miles rather than my original 10 mile search. We live in Irmo and this gave me a bigger list of vaccination sites. After randomly selecting a Doctor's Care about 30 minutes from us, I was able to get him an appointment in early February.

If you're not too picky about the location, I would recommend expanding your search area. Good luck.

allaorange

Jan 21, 2021, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Finally broke the CDC double secret code ]

Sounds like you're about as diligent as I am with sanitizing etc. I only wear N95 masks. Probably have 5 gallons of isopropyl alcohol. I'm much your junior (44) I personally would not take the shot, however if I were older I may. Stay safe brother!

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Jan 21, 2021, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Finally broke the CDC double secret code ]

Hey AIAOATT, if your medical conditions and any other medications allow it, you may want to consider vitamin C & D and zinc supplements. That was recommended to me by a pharmacist friend who has stayed well while working in a hospital with COVID cases. My Clemson student has been taking calcium + D and a zinc tablet daily, and she stayed well through fall semester even when one of her roommates tested positive.

I would at least try to get your wife scheduled at the

Jan 21, 2021, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Finally broke the CDC double secret code ]

big site in Columbia. All the things you have been doing have worked so far but I know people personally who have done the same things and still caught the virus. I have been much more careless going into all sorts of stores where others don't wear masks, not using the sanitizers on Walmart buggies, going to restaurants where outbreaks occurred, working in 4 school districts and 3 charter schools, and visiting relatives over the holidays after they had been exposed - and I have somehow been lucky enough to avoid catching it. At least I assume I have not had it - I know someone who lives nearby whose entire family caught it - children, husband, and parents living in a different home- and she wondered how she hadn't got it and decided to get the antibody test and was told that she had it herself without knowing.

Jan 21, 2021, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Finally broke the CDC double secret code ]

I’ll say this . My son-in- law is a full time city fireman and when he received the shot, my daughter could have received it also. Now this is 2 people in their early 20’s . She didn’t get it as she doesn’t even take flu shots. However, it was offered to her. Whether it was a rogue/ uninformed nurse? Who knows

Jan 21, 2021, 2:44 PM

That's what I'm saying to the T, people that young and healthy, that could live through through this covid-19 virus without any problems, but the elderly high risk of dying from the virus, and we can't even get an appointment. It's all a game to these people over who gets the vaccine, who doesn't!!!

My wife and I have been with each other for most of our lives, and even as careful as we are, there is still that risk. If they knew what my reaction would be if my wife died of covid would be, they would bring that vaccine to my house to give to her. I made a promise to protect her when I married her, and I have been true to the vows that I made when we married, and I will be until my heart stops, and that is the only way to end the pain I would have if something happen to her!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the information.

Jan 21, 2021, 7:37 AM

I am having to schedule my Mom and Dad. But, they are in Greenwood. The soonest I could find for their area was March ... in Newberry.

Glad you are able to get scheduled.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

You had better check directly with the Newberry site CDC

Jan 21, 2021, 7:54 AM

gave you right away - that is where they gave me my 1st 3 appointments and I called to find out both sites were not giving shots on the days I was scheduled. That was the Newberry Hospital and the Lovelace Family Clinic . I f you don't call to confirm they might not get a shot on that date even after waiting that long.

Thanks for the T-Mail!

Jan 21, 2021, 8:31 AM

I am working with my Mom now to see when they can come up.

You encouraged me this morning!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

They just opened that old Kmart up for vaccines in the last 48 hours.

Jan 21, 2021, 7:40 AM

So, you weren’t doing anything wrong before. They just opened up a giant vacated building. Your timing was perfect though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No , nothing was wrong with what I was doing - CDC

Jan 21, 2021, 7:50 AM

did not show the mass site when entering my home zip code even yesterday well after the site was operational. I had to enter Greenville's zip before that option came up.

Re: No , nothing was wrong with what I was doing - CDC

Jan 21, 2021, 8:15 AM

Too ### much paperwork involved. Everything they ask about me to register for the shot was/is already on the Lexington Medical System web site. Then, I finally got an appointment at a location that was 20 miles from my Doctor office. Such a well run program. It would be too simple for the Gov to send the medicine to our family Doctors to give the shots to folks who are on the approved list.

Now I hear Pres Joe is gonna give us another massive Gov Public Health Agency to administer the COVID Program. Wow! In 45-50 years they will have this COVID under control. The higher up the food chain we go with this COVID Program leaders the less they know as to what to do to solve the problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No , nothing was wrong with what I was doing - CDC

Jan 21, 2021, 11:59 AM

Guessing your family doctor doers not have the capability of keeping the vaccine at the temperature that is required. I know there is some leeway that it does not have to be kept at such a low temperature but I don't think it is yet reasonable for them to ship it to family doctors ...... at least right now.

Jan 21, 2021, 9:13 AM

Now that you told us, you have to kill us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2021, 9:35 AM

It will be interesting to see how the Kmart location goes. On the news they emphasized “you have to have an appointment” and pushed people to the website/phone number. Then in the next breath said “but we’ll take walk-ins too”.

I expect a gigantic cluster.

If you are close to georgia, might try health department

Jan 21, 2021, 10:09 AM

I don't think anyone would stop you from going across the state line and getting a vaccine if you qualify. its a federal program and vaccine.
Be patient and keep checking this calendar.. closest is probably Hartwell.
https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=DaEtURsHlEuKvJ7EBE0VFkOW8_DXsypCm3KndcRWDw1UNDJVQTJQUzJYVVdBQzhNMldBWUpYNlpHWi4u

Good news!

Jan 21, 2021, 11:06 AM

I am glad it seems to finally have worked out. My Mom got her first one last weekend. My Dad gets his first one at the Anderson Civic Center on Saturday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good news!

Jan 21, 2021, 1:01 PM

I will let you know just how bad they mess this one up. I saw where walk-ups are being taken and they had a huge line this morning.

Re: Good news!

Jan 21, 2021, 5:33 PM

I have strong doubts that the progeny of the DDay planners have been involved in the vaccine rollout. Good to see Amazon is now volunteering to help get the vaccine delivered. One has to wonder why this offer wasn’t apparently made earlier?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If in the Fort Mill/Rock Hill area

Jan 21, 2021, 11:31 AM

Have some relatives who have been able to get appointments for this weekend at Publix and Walmart pharmacies.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic