Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Final thoughts....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Final thoughts....

Dec 29, 2019, 9:11 AM

On the questionable play calls...
1. If we had lost there were a few we would gripe about, none as critical as the two called in our favor but still, its a part of the game that overlooked by the winning team and highligted by the losing team.

2. The targeting call was easy and consistent. Pics clearly show leading with crown of helmet.

3. The fumble returned for TD overturned as incomplete was explained by referee and in full speed plays like this are consistently called incomplete passes in college fb if defensive player is engaged with receiver trying to complete the catch and make an unempeded football move....calls like this don't often remove 7 points from board of losing team in championship game.

Osu lost this game because of their redzone offense and two interceptions. Other than that this was an even game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Final thoughts....

Dec 29, 2019, 9:14 AM

Dabo said 0 zero negative comments toward OSU
COmpare these 2 coaches

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 1:18 PM

Well, it is a little easier for the winning coach to be gracious.

Dec 29, 2019, 1:20 PM

Dabo ishravious even in losing! The time he went to Dyracude locker room after they beat us!!!

Dec 29, 2019, 1:21 PM

Syracuse

Dec 29, 2019, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Final thoughts.... ]

Dabo ishravious even in losing! The time he went to Dyracude locker room after they beat us!!!

Dec 29, 2019, 1:22 PM

Is gracious.. can’t type today!!

Dec 29, 2019, 9:19 AM

Redzone defense (0 redzoneTDs), containing Dobbins (132yds on 2 early explosive plays, 42yds on 16 other carries) and 2 interceptions for Fields (vs 1 int thrown in previous 14 games).

Dec 29, 2019, 1:18 PM

I'm not sure you can say Dobbins was contained.

Dec 29, 2019, 1:24 PM

Dobbins twisted his ankle and couldn’t cut like he was early on. The grass was very slippery and made his running style exceptionally effective. If he doesn’t sprain his ankle, I think we probably would have lost that game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 1:17 PM

Officials are being taught NOT to blow these plays dead because that is less likely to have a negative impact on the game. If you let the play continue you can fix it with replay. If you wrongly blow it dead then you ave affected the game.

I know you all know all of this. What this does is put a difference emphasis on the review of such plays. It lessens the need for irrefutable evidence to overturn and puts the replay official in the position of making the best possible call rather than merely reviewing the call on the field.

I think this is what happened last night and it will continue to draw a higher level of scrutiny and complaints going forward. However, it seems to be the best way to deal with these types of plays.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic