Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fields vs. Lawrence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Fields vs. Lawrence

Dec 3, 2018, 1:22 PM

The UGA people continue to insist the FIELDS was the #1 QB in high school in Georgia last year, not TL.

Now judge for yourself. So far this season, who's PLAYED like the #1 QB?

Yet again, we continue to take the top QB talent out of GA (DW and now TL).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fields vs. Lawrence

Dec 3, 2018, 1:26 PM

Everyone knows Kirby's middle name is "Notso"

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That argument is no longer relevant

Dec 3, 2018, 1:32 PM

Besides, just ask the NFL scouts whose #1 on their draft boards.

Dec 3, 2018, 1:34 PM

UGA history says it's far easier--and more subjective--to brag about recruiting national championships than the ones that come from victories on the field.

If Fields is #1, he at least helped them win something. At #2, he's just as useless as their ranking.

Whatever makes that seat on the couch comfortable.***

Dec 3, 2018, 1:41 PM

Re: Whatever makes that seat on the couch comfortable.***

Dec 3, 2018, 3:42 PM

??????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The recruiting analysts should be embarrassed too.

Dec 3, 2018, 1:58 PM

Fields and Lawrence equal? What an absolute joke.

Fields acts like he has never played the QB position. Deer in headlights.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The recruiting analysts should be embarrassed too.

Dec 3, 2018, 3:47 PM

Fields plays like a running back in the wildcat. He is no q.b.

Dec 3, 2018, 2:00 PM

it doesn't matter, Fields will be sitting on the bench against Texas and Lawrence will be starting in the NCG semifinal. Everything worked to plan for us.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 2:26 PM

Seems kind of premature to compare a kid who played this year versus a kid who had a NFL quarterback ahead of him on the depth chart.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

So would Lawrence be behind Fromm if he were at UGA?***

Dec 3, 2018, 2:31 PM

Re: So would Lawrence be behind Fromm if he were at UGA?***

Dec 3, 2018, 2:37 PM

Hard to argue he wouldn’t.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 words

Dec 3, 2018, 3:14 PM

Matt mother trucking Stafford

The end!!#

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Dec 3, 2018, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: So would Lawrence be behind Fromm if he were at UGA?*** ]

It's hard to argue that he would. When comparing statistics Trevor has 25 Td's responsible for whereas Fromm has 27. Fromm has significate more playing time during the year. Add in passing yards and rushing yards Trevor has more of each. 2488 passing yards to Fromm's 2236, and rushing yards 144 to Fromm's -22. Had Trevor started Day one he would be in the talk for the Heisman as well as a True Freshman. Most experts believe he is the best freshman QB ever and say if he was able to come out and be drafted this year he would end up being the top draft pick by whomever.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

only a #### loser like yourself would have trouble arguing

Dec 4, 2018, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: So would Lawrence be behind Fromm if he were at UGA?*** ]

that point idiot

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you on this one.

Dec 4, 2018, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: So would Lawrence be behind Fromm if he were at UGA?*** ]

The UGA staff makes so many mistakes, I'm certain they would have Fromm ahead of TL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

that's laughable Fromme wouldn't start here, Ok , OSU or Ala

Dec 4, 2018, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: So would Lawrence be behind Fromm if he were at UGA?*** ]

but qwould dfinitely start U5C

Dec 4, 2018, 1:33 PM [ in reply to So would Lawrence be behind Fromm if he were at UGA?*** ]

He would be Chucktown, and that is why Fields will have to leave UGA this summer. Fromm is Smart’s all-time favorite player and will start another 2 years if he chooses to do so. Fields should transfer where he can start.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re clueless. Bookmark this if you would like.

Dec 3, 2018, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Fields vs. Lawrence ]

Barring injury Lawrence will be taken before Fields in the draft.

Re: You’re clueless. Bookmark this if you would like.

Dec 4, 2018, 1:29 PM

He probably will. I’m just laughing at the logic behind comparing stats of a starter vs a backup.

Message was edited by: Classof09®

I think that's the most telling stat of them all...

Dec 4, 2018, 1:30 PM

"starter vs backup".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Just like A$$of09 to miss the point entirely***

Dec 4, 2018, 3:01 PM

Re: I think that's the most telling stat of them all...

Dec 4, 2018, 3:37 PM [ in reply to I think that's the most telling stat of them all... ]

Not really considering Jake Fromm has had a better year than either of them so it’s hard to imagine him being benched behind one of them.

Jake Bentley plays for Georgia?***

Dec 4, 2018, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Fields vs. Lawrence ]

Dec 4, 2018, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Fields vs. Lawrence ]

To be fair, please rate these 6 QBs for us. It's obvious that you think you know more than practically any poster on Tnet.

Lawrence
Kelley
Fromm
Fields
Bentley
Joyner

Dec 4, 2018, 4:17 PM

Here's the real test. Rank these presidents:

Trump
Obama
Bush
Clinton
Bush
Reagan
Carter

Dec 3, 2018, 2:29 PM

We will see who’s ranked higher in the NFL draft. That is the one that matter$. I like TL16 chances to be ranked and selected much higher in it

Dec 3, 2018, 2:37 PM

But Trubisky was drafted ahead of Deshaun and Mahommes. That invalidates your argument.

Breaking down film clearly proves at this moment Trevor Lawrence is superior in awareness. His arm talent is amazing.

Fun topic to converse however too early to pass definitive judgement on who is better come 2021. But 2018 belongs to TL16.

Dec 4, 2018, 4:22 PM

Doesn’t wipe out the argument, I simply stated we will see. As I said, I personally like TLs chances better than Fields. Just my opinion.

YEA, BBBUT TL hasn’t made the

Dec 3, 2018, 3:50 PM

punt team like Fields.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rivals, 247, 247 composite and Scout all had

Dec 3, 2018, 3:55 PM

TL number 1. ESPN had TL number 1 until the end of the year and switched.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That SEC influence/lean! LOL +1***

Dec 4, 2018, 1:14 PM

Dec 3, 2018, 4:16 PM

When I was a freshman engineering major, I was on the Dean's List, and they didn't ask me about my HS GPA.

Who in the hades cares?

Dec 3, 2018, 6:01 PM

Point ^^^

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fields vs. Lawrence...can't really decide....

Dec 3, 2018, 4:18 PM

until I see how Lawrence handles a fake punt...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fields vs. Lawrence...can't really decide....

Dec 3, 2018, 5:58 PM

Compare Fields vs Lawrence HS stats, they’re not in the same universe. Compare their Freshman college stats, again not in the same universe. ESECPN wants to say that the one with the far, far, far, far, far inferior stats is better based on staged summer camps? ESECPN says we can ignore 5 years of live game stats? Geeeeeee........I wonder if ESECPN has any financial reason to tell us such an ignorant stupid lie????

They also want to ignore on field losses in favor of eye

Dec 4, 2018, 12:56 PM

tests.....

Dec 3, 2018, 6:05 PM

If I recall correctly, it was only ESPN that switched them. The other rating services kept TL at #1. Also analysts said after the Elite 11 camp that despite the good showing by Fields, they still felt TL was the best based on his full body of work. Clearly it’s evident now who was correct.
Facts matter.

In all fairness

Dec 4, 2018, 1:01 PM

They were both ranked very high, and it becomes subjective when players are ranked close to each other.

We don't know what's going to happen by the end of their junior years, but what we can say is that TL is clearly way ahead of JF at this point. He came in ready to go out of the box, and is already a proven commodity as a true freshman. So if I had to put money down on who will get drafted higher and who will be more successful in the NFL right now, it would definitely be on TL.

From is a lot better QB than KB too.

Dec 4, 2018, 1:07 PM

The path for Trevor was quite a bit easier.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From is a lot better QB than KB too.

Dec 4, 2018, 1:10 PM

Yeah, I forgot to mention that in my post, but that's a good point. TL just had to beat out KB, which as you stated was an easier path to starter than going through Fromm, as he is a decent passing QB.

Dec 4, 2018, 1:21 PM

Lawrence was UGA’s first choice. Once he commit to Clemson they moved on to Fields. That’s all you really need to know.

Dec 4, 2018, 1:30 PM

He was per ESPN, but Rivals and 24/7 had TL #1.

Dec 4, 2018, 2:14 PM

Don't really care what they insist...when they can only pull up 1 of 3 that ended that way (ESPN), it just wasn't the case. That's called selective thinking. 2 of 3 > 1 of 3. Adn I think the on-the-field has backed up the ones not named E-SEC-PN.

Dec 4, 2018, 2:37 PM

but, but, but....Supermut says Fields is the best QB in the history of college football and we all know he is NEVER wrong. Maybe we should put Supermut on a milk carton since he has been missing since the LSU loss. I just knew he shouldn’t have gotten in that white van.

To be fair, it's still too early to tell.

Dec 4, 2018, 4:26 PM

IMO Fields has been grossly mismanaged by the Uga staff. Now, it could be he's been having trouble making reads/throws in practice, that I don't know. The games I've seen, he gets limited playing time and almost never throws the ball, even in mop up duty. I haven't seen all their games though.

Reality to anyone who watched their tapes or live

Dec 4, 2018, 4:31 PM

TL was superior with his arm, Fields was is dual threat primarily although he has a pretty good arm just not accurate to the level of TL.

It is said among those who know recruiting that TL is the best high school QB to ever play. There are numerous quotes that TL is the best talent at the HS QB position they have ever seen, lofty praise and it is VERY evident what they saw. Fields is not even in the same class mainly due to the fact Fields is not a true pocket passer. What is cool is this, TL16 has some serious running ability. He has taken off for huge runs the last couple of weeks and he just glides across the field in huge chunks. Given that ability, it really separates him from Fields. It is nearly impossible to argue otherwise based on the facts.

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic