Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fields success
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,239

Fields success

Sep 26, 2019, 7:50 PM

Say an interesting segment on Fields today. I think it was during an analytics segment

Said the reason Fields has been successful is because the offense is designed to only make him look at a third of the field. That he is given 3 options to go to. But due to this they aren't over complicating this for him.

Makes complete sense and understand but if fields can't read over half the field by playoff time BV is gonna eat him alive.

That being said, do you think this may be why TL has regressed a bit? Is Elliott allowing him to progress thru the full field rather than just a section?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fields success

Sep 26, 2019, 7:56 PM

I believe Fields transfer will ultimately haunt the Dawgs. Jake Fromm, while a decent QB, is very one dimensional. I realize I don’t know much about much but past(way way past) history shows Dawgs fortunes are not really that fruitful. They are ther perineal bridesmaid to Bama being the bride. I don’t see that changing this year.

I disagree. Fromm is a great QB. He is steady and

Sep 26, 2019, 8:07 PM

doesn’t make mistakes. Much like the Bama QBs prior to Tua.

Smart’s MO comes from Saban. He’d rather pound with a mistake free QB than a gun slinger.

Re: I disagree. Fromm is a great QB. He is steady and

Sep 26, 2019, 9:18 PM

That works 5 years ago with a great defense but now you better be built to score 31 or more constantly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He should have never gone to UGA, they run a pro style

Sep 26, 2019, 8:12 PM

Offense and skill set isn’t suited for a pro style and UGA isn’t going to change their offense.

Sep 26, 2019, 8:15 PM

Trevor hasn’t regressed. His stats may not be great, but that’s because of the playcalling and execution. Rarely is a pass not a screen or 50/50 ball

Sep 26, 2019, 8:40 PM

I may have been glib in that i don't think he has regressed. But the question is, have we opened up the offense more to him which is making it more complicated (and thus more mistakes are made).

Sep 26, 2019, 8:29 PM

Fields ran the spread at Harrison High School. It's the same offense at Ohio State and he is thriving.

Same is true with TL at Cartersville and Clemson. TL sometimes loses focus when there is no risk of losing, but rises to the occasion in big games. We frankly haven't had many of those this season. You will see the focus return in the bigger games.

Sep 26, 2019, 9:14 PM

Regressed? That's a troll, right?

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,239
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic