Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Few thoughts on basketball...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Few thoughts on basketball...

Nov 22, 2014, 10:03 AM

I am very disappointed in the last two games. It really is unacceptable, and there's no denying that. I'm really not sure what to make of it, b/c I have felt, and still do, that this is BB's most talented team. We are deep, and I think this is the best collection of scorers BB has had.

The defensive end is what is the most shocking. We are not used to giving up 70+ to anybody, especially lower-tier teams. At this point, the only thing I can put my finger on is something "striper" pointed to yesterday, in that we are playing faster offensively, instead of grinding it out like in in the past. I don't think our defense has caught up to a different pace of game.

I do think BB has earned the right to let this season play out before we all jump on the "fire" bandwagon. If nothing else, what he did last year was remarkable. BB has proven to be a good coach within the ACC, and his teams typically get better as the year progresses. That, combined, with the talent we have (for Clemson, not ACC-like)... is enough to see how things play out.

I still contend, even w/o KJ, this is his most talented team on the offensive end. Maybe he'll need to go back to the grinding it out style.. i don't know.

How much do good OOC wins cancel bad losses? Both Arkansas and AU (with Pearle) could potentially be good wins, as far fetched as they may seem right now.

No one should be happy. I'm disappointed and think the losses are unacceptable. I'll be interested to see if he can turn it around.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I agree...

Nov 22, 2014, 10:11 AM

Something is wrong with the defense. I thought Brad's culture at Clemson was strong defense and grind it out offense. You don't change your philosophy just because you have more offensive potential. Harrison and Hall scoring 19 and 12 should be good enough for your backcourt to win these games vs quality mid major type of teams. Brad needs to rethink things before it is too late. Not going to be fixed overnight as they need more practice time in adopting the normal style of play.

yep... there's something missing, and it's not KJ

Nov 22, 2014, 10:15 AM

I'm not sure if BB spent more time on the offensive end this year, b/c we are experienced and the defense shouldn't drop off, or what.

I don't know, but something is off right now and I don't think it has anything to do with KJ

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: Few thoughts on basketball...

Nov 22, 2014, 10:20 AM

It is lost. A few years into the Brownell era and the program is in much worse shape than what he inherited. And there isn't much light at the end of the tunnel. That being said, just how much of a seemingly eternal pass does Brownell continue to enjoy? A program that went to the NCAA four years in a row can hardly even dream of an invitation now. An the annual early season losses to lesser competition shows the level of the program.

I don't disagree with you... and I'm not giving him a pass

Nov 22, 2014, 10:23 AM

I will say that I think Clemson basketball is one of the tougher things to evaluate. I would say we exceeded expectations last year, but no tourney.

NCAA has to be the standard... but id hate to be the one evaluating Clemson bball.

Disappointing to say the least!***

Nov 22, 2014, 10:25 AM

Re: Few thoughts on basketball...

Nov 22, 2014, 10:35 AM

I think he may be depending too much on the old guys, and I can understand that especially at the beginning of the season but he may need to play the new guys more and take his chances on the defense just to get the firepower on the floor. Just my thoughts and realizing its only two games in!

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic