Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Feeling a bit better learning LSU was tied twice @ half with Auburn & FL!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,711

Feeling a bit better learning LSU was tied twice @ half with Auburn & FL!

Jan 2, 2020, 12:00 PM

10-10 with AU & 21-21 with UFL.

Shows they aren’t Untouchable or the NE Patriots!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Feeling a bit better learning LSU was tied twice @ half with Auburn & FL!

Jan 2, 2020, 12:10 PM

From what I remember of their game with Auburn, Burrow's accuracy drops a lot when under pressure. Our offense can definitely score on their D, which gives CBV some leeway to take chances on defense. I feel more confident going into this game than I did with OSU.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2020, 12:32 PM

I think last year's 'Bammer team was better than this year's LSU bunch. The Tide actually played good defense last year. LSU slightly better than average this year. We will score plenty of points.

Jan 2, 2020, 12:41 PM

LSUs defense has been crippled all year with injuries to it's key players. Over LSUs last 3 games we are only allowing 15 ppg vs Clemsons 14.3 ppg over the last 3 vs similar offensive competition.

Jan 2, 2020, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Feeling a bit better learning LSU was tied twice @ half with Auburn & FL! ]

Joe burrow is the highest rated passer in the country when pressured. If you watched the Auburn game LSU had multiple dropped passes specifically by a backup reciever, a blatant pass interference I'm the end zone, and multiple drives were killed due to slips in the worthless LSU field while it was wet. Go look how tore up the field was that game. LSU out gained Auburn 2-1 in yardage then failed to convert on 4th down 3 times, all of which were in field goal range. Also on every 4th down we ran the ball for some reason, tearing up the turf and slipping each time. It was just a sloppy uncharacteristic game for LSU. Just like UNC was for Clemson. The big difference was LSU wasn't trailing but for a few minutes in the third quarter and was up two scores untill Auburn's last second touchdown in the fourth. Clemson was a dropped two point conversion from playing Florida in the orange bowl.

Re: All this banter means squat. It will be settled on the

Jan 2, 2020, 7:25 PM

field. I like to real Tigers who have been in this position many times against a team who has never been in these POs the last 6 years. It is a different level of play. Can lsu win the game? Sure, but they will have to do it against a team that has great experience at this level. Will have no wide-eyed look and will execute as they have all season.

Go Tigers! Beat the faux tiggers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the crisis arises the time for preparedness has passed.

you slipped 3x on 4th down? Lol. And what dropped 2-pt

Jan 2, 2020, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Feeling a bit better learning LSU was tied twice @ half with Auburn & FL! ]

conversion are you talking about?

Jan 2, 2020, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Feeling a bit better learning LSU was tied twice @ half with Auburn & FL! ]

Nope. Would have gotten the ball back with 1:17 left on the clock and won that game by 6 if UNC had converted the 2.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We've been down this same road over and over:

Jan 2, 2020, 12:18 PM

the media are drooling over Joe Burrow...to a great extent, rightfully so...waxing hysterically over LSU's great victories over its opponents this year. Once the media starts a narrative, the scope only grows.

We have been in eight CFP games, won six with two national titles. In all but one, we were not favored, and last year's Bama team was the "greatest of all......" LSU is good; da*n good; so is Joe Burrow. But they are beatable. And I am convinced Clemson is the only team in the nation that can beat them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe after the game most of the nation will believe...

Jan 2, 2020, 12:23 PM

that OSU would have beaten LSU too. OSU is the best team we've played since Bama when KB was our QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We've been down this same road over and over:

Jan 2, 2020, 12:51 PM [ in reply to We've been down this same road over and over: ]

hartins® said:

the media are drooling over Joe Burrow...to a great extent, rightfully so...

We have been in eight CFP games, won six with two national titles. In all but one, we were not favored, and last year's Bama team was the "greatest of all......" LSU is good; da*n good; so is Joe Burrow. But they are beatable. And I am convinced Clemson is the only team in the nation that can beat them.

I'd agree with all of that.
Cheers.

Are you going?***

Jan 2, 2020, 12:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 2, 2020, 12:39 PM

The Florida game was very interesting. LSU could not stop UF the entire first half (of course UF couldn’t stop them either). I believe what won that game for LSU was the defensive adjustments they made at halftime. They sat back on D in the first half. Second half they blitzed steadily. Their pressure was the winning difference.

Jan 2, 2020, 7:48 PM

How about:

Clemson - SC: 38-3
Georgia - SC: 17-20
Georgia - LSU: 36-16

Seems like we are about 18 points better than LSU. Feel better?

I'm not how any of the scores you mention should make anyone feel better anymore than our loss to North Carolina should give LSU fans a warm fuzzy.

Jan 2, 2020, 8:03 PM

That’s to be expected when you playing them high powered EhSheShe schools.

This will make you feel even better:

Jan 2, 2020, 8:05 PM

Clemson is the best team in the country, and has been for two years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson would beat the Patriots.***

Jan 2, 2020, 8:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,711
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic