Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fastforward: 2019 Offense is going to be, uhhh, pretty good
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Fastforward: 2019 Offense is going to be, uhhh, pretty good

Oct 24, 2018, 10:18 PM

The only thing i can see derailing this unit at all is some of the JR OL leaving early. Sure we need Carman to develop and take over for Hyatt (that doesn't seem like a huge stretch considering his talent), and we need to replace Renfrow in the slot (not an easy task), but oh my goodness the weapons. And a very veteran line too if those guys do all come back.

Carman
Simpson
Cervenka
Pollard
Anchrum
Galloway
Etienne (and Dixon and maybe Feaster)
Lawrence
Higgins
Ross
Rodgers (and Kendrick)

Does the staff move somebody like Kendrick into the slot rather than move down the depth chart to Chase? We've traditionally used more a possession receiver there, but Kendrick has moves and could be more like a Greg Dortch or Rondale Moore out of the slot. It's going to be fun to watch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fastforward: 2019 Defense Will Be Loaded As Well

Oct 25, 2018, 12:34 AM

Even with the departure of the Power Rangers and Albert Huggins, we still have a possibility that Dexter Lawrence will return. Not only that, we should be super deep at LB regardless of what set we come out in. Our CB and Safety positions will be deep and experienced as well. Then you look at the DE positions and realize that we have 6 capable guys who will more than likely be playing ball after college.

That leaves us with one final question. What about the DTs? Well, many of the DEs developed extra weight and have been training to move to the inside. That can be very dangerous for opposing teams next year. That means that our DTs will still have the quick burst and the quick initial step, but actually be caught up to speed on DT technique. Believe it or not, our Defense could be even better next year than they are this year. It's figgin tah get nastyyy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Kendrick was impressive Saturday

Oct 25, 2018, 1:12 AM

Renfrow has bailed multiple QBs out of bad throws.

Oct 25, 2018, 1:20 AM

Whoever steps in will be a step down.
We need someone to step up at TE for sure.

What Clemson has had for years now is great leadership. Tajh, DW, and last year and this its CW. Who steps up to lead next year? Maintaining the great player led chemistry is what makes this program special.

Nice post! Tu to ya.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I was thinking the same myself.

Oct 25, 2018, 5:54 AM

I keep hearing that we’re going to lose the power rangers and that we will take a step back. At least that’s what I hear from opposing fans. I don’t say much of anything but in my mind I’m thinking what you and Chesty P are thinking. We hear the same things every year. “You guys lost so and so.” The season gets here, they find out we’re a top five team again and well you guys will lose so and so next year. I’m thinking about the guys we will have coming back, all the backups playing significant snaps, the redshirts waiting their turn, next year’s recruiting class and I’m thinking to myself “What a great time to be a Tiger!” Dabo has turned Clemson into a powerhouse. We’re not invincible but we look to be in the national conversation for years to come.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was thinking the same myself.

Oct 25, 2018, 6:05 AM

Kendrick could easily move into the slot, as could Rodgers. Remember the name Joe Ngata, and also we have a kid coming in that is a bigger version of Renfrow, Brannon Spector. JR OL don't usually leave early, so we should be fine. Ladson and Melussi are going to be solid players coming in as well, and Jaelyn Lay is about the same size as Bradon Galloway, and pretty good receiving TE. The weapons for Trevor Lawrence are endless.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was thinking the same myself.

Oct 25, 2018, 7:31 AM

Not sure i agree with LB comment. We are opposite of deep there. We lose 4 as SR and likely Lamar as well. Shaq is tbd. Leaves us with Skalski who has had some injuries, Chad S (never started) and essentially rookies.

Also Mullen is gone so DB isnt secured with experience. Especially is Muse or Kvon surprise exit.

I do agree we will reload but next year will be reliance on offense til mid year

One step at a time?

Oct 25, 2018, 7:48 AM

I agree with the analysis of who we likely will have back in 2019.

That said, I want to enjoy the time left in this year as the present moves slowly into the future.

We play FSU on Saturday, in Tallahassee. Winning there could be difficult and a second straight win in Tallahassee would be unprecedented.

The Louisville game in Clemson offers great promise for me since I don't care much for the Louisville Athletic program and all they have done wrong. I'd like to beat L for #4.

I'm going to Boston and that game scares me. Heck, it might be snowing.

I hear there is a game after BC, but I don't want to get too far ahead.

We're 47-4 in the last 51 games. That's amazing. I'm going to enjoy every game one at a time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shaq is not leaving early

Oct 25, 2018, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Re: I was thinking the same myself. ]

Lamar I’d say is 50/50. Don’t forget Simmons is back and Mike Jones will be more physically ready. You’ll have Skalski, the Smiths, and one of the best LB classes in the country incoming. LB depth is not a concern for 19.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic