Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Man of the Year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

New Story: Man of the Year

Dec 23, 2015, 7:01 AM

Man of the Year

He’s all about bringing your own guts and being all in and dancing in the locker room, and it’s hard to look anywhere on television or social media and not see his face. He’s Dabo Swinney, he’s everywhere, and he has to be Clemson’s.......Man of the Year. Photo by Jeff Blake / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Man of the Year

Dec 23, 2015, 7:47 AM

This is the good ole days.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2015, 7:58 AM

What a time to be alive, you and yours versus me and mine!

Dabo is so awesome

Dec 23, 2015, 8:24 AM

We were 10-0 by the 8th game!

Dec 23, 2015, 8:31 AM

:) :) :)

It stinks in here , cause Dabo's the $hit!

Dec 23, 2015, 8:36 AM

Couldn't have asked for a better front man then Dabo. He's the man!
GO TIGERS!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It stinks in here , cause Dabo's the $hit!

Dec 23, 2015, 8:38 AM

Gotta love when all of the hard work and dedication pays dividends. Dabo has said from day one that there's more to football than just X's and O's (which he's more than capable of handling), and this season is proof of that. Can't imagine a better leader for our young men than Coach Swinney.

Dec 23, 2015, 8:45 AM

Can't think of a better recipient of the Inaugural Man of the Year Award than Coach Dabo Swinney ! Top shelf in everything he does. Great Coach, loves his players, hard worker and great humanitarian. Not only does he touch the lives of his staff and players, but touches lives and cares for lots of people outside of Clemson University thru his Foundation and giving. GO TIGERS!!!

imagine if he wouldve taken the job with Saban

Dec 23, 2015, 8:53 AM

Where would this program be? Where would Dabo be in his career? We'd be a 8-4 team with a trip to the crap bowl & he'd be a sideline chump for Saban. Funny how things work out for the best in the long run. Thank you Lord for the gift that is Dabo Swinney! Go Tigers! Hopefully we will be able to say "2015 National Champions" here soon!

I think his love for Bama U was gone before that offer came.

Dec 23, 2015, 9:30 AM

I believe he realized he didn't fit in there because of the bad taste left in his mouth from the horrible rejections he'd suffered at the hand of those in power.

I think he's where he belongs and he knows it better than any of us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, thank the Lord...

Dec 23, 2015, 4:02 PM [ in reply to imagine if he wouldve taken the job with Saban ]

In the gospel of Matthew, Jesus says of prayer, "...whatsoever you ask in My name, it shall be given to you."

CDS, you're living proof of that. I truly believe that everything you ask is in His name. God bless you and your family, and God bless the Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fantasy World of Media Exaggeration

Dec 23, 2015, 9:05 AM

It's the same coach as last year when we lost to FSU on a random fumble
Same coach as when we went 6-7 few years back

Lets stop the hyperexaggeration of any and everything Clemson football and take a step back for a second.

Would you say the same had he lost to FSU this yr? Probably not.
But is he any different? Nope

Whatever crazy romanticized feelings everyone is playing up for Dabo, let's just keep these in mind next year in case we take a bad loss to a NCSt or equivalent.

Hes a great coach. His team had a good season. Dabo has my vote for lifetime coach contract. But it has very little to do with this year alone. Stop overhyping everything and get a grip of composure and poise. The hyperdrama in everything sports is going way over the top (OBJr with the "dirtiest play of all time" for a sissy fight, Miami garbage lateral TD the "Best play in history of sports", now Dabo the "man of the year" for coaching a bunch of kids to a good football season?) Please.

Re: Fantasy World of Media Exaggeration

Dec 23, 2015, 9:08 AM

Yeah, I felt the same way about him from day one. Dabo is a coach who has always practiced what he preached and that's why I have supported him as our head coach from the day he was handed the interim role.

Even after a 6-7 season that ended with a crap bowl loss against South Florida I wasn't tapping out on him. It takes time to change a culture. We are now in Year 7 and Clemson football is beginning to experience the benefits of his hard work.

Dec 23, 2015, 9:09 AM

But I'm with you on the prisoner of the moment society we live in today. Social Media has turned every event in the biggest/best/worst/coolest/dumbest/et al

Dec 23, 2015, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Fantasy World of Media Exaggeration ]

I think you missed the point. Or at a minimum, your point is off target. I agree coach Swinney is the same man in all of the examples you presented. Perhaps that is the point. He has always placed mentoring young men into contributing members of society as his main mission. He has done this by consistently being the same motivating, dedicated leader of the football Clemson Tigers through a losing record, 5 losses to that other power 5 university in this state, to an unbelievable undefeated season with an ACC championship with a final 4 game for the crown. Cheer up man!

Dec 23, 2015, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Fantasy World of Media Exaggeration ]

Based on a Tiger Pulse of 37, I think you need to spend more time on the Chicken $h1t website.

Changes are evolutionary, not revolutionary. Dabo has changed the program and the culture... not overnight, but "overnight" changes seldom last. This program has (and is) evolved (-ing). I'm proud to be a Tiger supporter for the last 59 years...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2015, 9:27 PM

My sentiments exactly, I rarely go to the gcock boards but I have of lately. That is the most rationalizing ( or lack thereof) of why dabo is not a good coach. That kinda stuff use to p me off, but I find it entertaining now!

Dec 23, 2015, 9:08 AM

There's a 5 bomb for ya biatches. Go Clemson!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2015, 1:36 PM

Tiger Football & Dabo are on a journey of amazing, escalating accomplishments. I believe it will continue to get even better. I look forward to the ride.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2015, 2:39 PM

Amazing accomplishments!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2015, 5:14 PM

I think this is just a few chapters into the book ,.,that is about a legend self made ,., Thank
God Almighty he fell in love with Clemson .,

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2015, 12:01 AM

I think Steve Harvey would like to be him. Just sayin.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic