Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fans being fans at SC.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Fans being fans at SC.

Dec 1, 2020, 8:02 AM

In other words, delusional.

A guy started a thread and said SC should follow the "Clemson model" and hire Shane Beamer. "Shane Beamer = Dabo Swinney."

Here is the full text of his post. Thought y'all would love the last line. ?????

I'm actually saying that as a good thing. It's working out pretty well for them this year. Save on HC salary, hire elite assistants and allow them to do their thing. Spend your time on recruiting/building the brand and on cheerleading on the players.

Why not? Also, Beamer is like 1000X more intelligent than Dabo. I could buy into that model.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fans being fans at SC.

Dec 1, 2020, 8:07 AM

They never fail to amuse. That clown show of a program and fan base is a joke for the ages.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 8:12 AM

The only Clemson model they should follow is to follow our approach towards Track and Field and Cross Country with their Football "program."

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fans being fans at SC. They could gather by the

Dec 1, 2020, 8:25 AM

dumpster fire and sing Christmas Carols

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Fans being fans at SC. ]

With all their mens sports!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Fans being fans at SC. ]

I recall all the great things they said when Muschamp was hired ie: got to be champs when coach has champ in his name. Remember that? If only they would look at their overall record, it is pathetic and they have only gone to a few bowl games in their history. And the AD gives the champ a contract extension and buy out package that’s off the charts. Wow

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 8:16 AM

I love the line about that model.
Reminds of my days as a kid when we built model cars, and planes.
Need glue. Lots of it.
You know like that bag full of glue those delusional fans sniff before ,during ,and after each game.

Wasn't that long ago coots called Dabo a cheerleader

Dec 1, 2020, 8:18 AM

and hoped he got a lifetime contract.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Wasn't that long ago coots called Dabo a cheerleader

Dec 1, 2020, 8:38 AM

It appears they still do. In the coots reply he said "spend your time recruiting and cheerleading the players on". Thats their problem, they think Dabo is still just a cheerleader. They wouldn't know what success looks like if it slapped them in the face.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's hope it stays that way.

Dec 1, 2020, 8:39 AM

I don't want them to be good in anything.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dec 1, 2020, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Wasn't that long ago coots called Dabo a cheerleader ]

One thing they constantly miss with their idea of Dabo being a cheerleader, and winning due to high paid assistants is, who do they think choose the assistants? If Dabo doesn't know anything about football and is just a cheerleader, then how was he smart enough to choose these great assistants?

It's not like all of his hires were obvious at the time they were made. Starting with Chad Morris, that hire got a lot of heat even by many Clemson fans as hiring a high school coach. Then he replaced Morris with two assistants who had never been coordinators at the college level. It's not like he went out and paid the most money for the most well thought of OC in all of college football that everyone else was after.

Even with Venables, he was basically demoted at Oklahoma when he was made to share the DC duties with brother Stoops, and that was pointed out to me by several South Carolina fans at the time. The big money we've spent on assistants has really been after they were already hired here and proved themselves.

Facts will only confuse them...

Dec 1, 2020, 10:56 AM

or be ignored and summarily dismissed as anti-uof6c rhetoric.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 1, 2020, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Wasn't that long ago coots called Dabo a cheerleader ]

They wouldn't know what success looks like if it slapped them in the face.

So very true. It has slapped them in the face for over a century, and they still don't get it. Highly delusional fan base.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Dec 1, 2020, 8:34 AM

They are the quickest fan base to jump on a bandwagon. After having a year with 2 wins and people leaving their team, they are already proclaiming someone they haven't even hired to be better than Dabo. They are the best rival because the jokes never end.

I found the thread over there and noticed the first post is

Dec 1, 2020, 8:40 AM

from Dec 1, 2015.

Re: I found the thread over there and noticed the first post is

Dec 1, 2020, 9:28 AM

Great catch. I missed that. Somebody went back and resurrected a 5 year old thread. I just assumed it was started a day or so ago.

My question would be this: What has Shane Beamer done in the past five years? If he was ready to be a HC in 2015, then why has nobody recognized that for five years?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 8:59 AM

On paper, Beamer's the least impressive candidate on their list, hands down. And who else has done it like Dabo? He's an anomaly. The man took the reins midseason on an interim basis and stabilized the program, snapping our 6-game losing streak to BC and beating SCar by 3 scores, and only then was considered a viable candidate for the position.

They have no way to give Beamer a trial run, to get a firsthand look at his HC chops. They're taking a shot in the dark. Freeze has won everywhere with electric offenses, Chadwell is winning down the road with an electric offense, and Napier's a proven program builder with a lot of connections in the region... and they want Beamer? Because he was on Spurrier's staff for a handful of years and a bunch of former players like him? This is why they are who they are.

Dec 1, 2020, 10:08 AM

The funny thing is they hated Beamer when he was there. Much of the fanbase blamed him for the fall of the program

Dec 1, 2020, 10:19 AM

Most of them hated the idea of Beamer not even a month ago, but as soon as his name was floated as the frontrunner, they all piled on the bandwagon, just as they did with Muschamp.

If Beamer is that smart he’ll never set foot there again.***

Dec 1, 2020, 9:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 9:10 AM

If Beamer is all that why didn't Virginia Tech hire him
instead of Justin Fuente?

The fact that Shane Beamer is even remotely considering...

Dec 1, 2020, 9:27 AM

coaching at that upholstered outhouse proves beyond any reasonable shadow of a doubt that he isn't very intelligent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 1, 2020, 9:40 AM

On the smarter than Dabo, I sure hope that you said in response, he should do a search on the education and accomplishments with Both Dabo and young Beamer!!!! Then tell how much smarter Beamer is than Dabo bc, Dabo is a highly educated man that has gotten his Clemson team to be one of the top two FB teams in the country. What has young Mr Beamer done as a head coach anywhere???

https://clemsontigers.com/coaches/dabo/

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic