Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fanduel and Draftings accused of fraud and false advertising
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Fanduel and Draftings accused of fraud and false advertising

Oct 8, 2015, 11:36 PM

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/13840184/class-action-lawsuit-accuses-draftkings-fanduel-negligence-fraud-false-advertising

Kind of saw this one coming.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fanduel and Draftings accused of fraud and false advertising

Oct 8, 2015, 11:42 PM

Good! Can we please be free of all those ####### commercials now?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

probably not, the mods sent out a tmail promoting fanduel***

Oct 8, 2015, 11:43 PM

This Will Ultimately Ruin Them

Oct 8, 2015, 11:43 PM

The Lawyers smell blood. The idiot CEO didn't have sense enough to ban employees from playing. He's toast now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they have a lot of big guns behind them...

Oct 8, 2015, 11:57 PM

NFL and NBA love them b/c they increase interest. I believe Draft Kings has a partnership with ESPN, and one of them is partnering with the NBA (Fanduel maybe?)

Stupid move on CEO's part for sure... but I'm not sure I see them changing Federal Law

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Minimal Impact in the Long Term

Oct 9, 2015, 10:07 AM [ in reply to This Will Ultimately Ruin Them ]

Participation might drop slightly in the short term, but in the long term, these sights are money making machines. It's essentially legalized gambling. The participation by employees appears to be pretty small to date. Since neither site had inside information from the other's data, I don't see how a violation can be proven. Each site took publicly available information and did detailed analysis on that data. Employees who may have had access to that data may have used it for their own gain.

The only advantage those employees had was that they did not have to go to the expense of performing those analyses on their own. It may or may not be true that the time and cost of performing that data analysis is less than the potential return by using the results.

BS... Knowing the trends and betting the "offs" is a huge

Oct 9, 2015, 10:12 AM

advantage as far as splits.... It's been corrupt from Day1. I'd imagine some of those "winners" were some those same insiders or 'friends'....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely....huge advantage.***

Oct 9, 2015, 10:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do Fanduel and Draft Kings have ads? Never seen them :)***

Oct 9, 2015, 9:54 AM

Re: Fanduel and Draftings accused of fraud and false advertising

Oct 9, 2015, 9:57 AM

A sports version of insider trading.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I was just getting ready to post this exact same thing...

Oct 9, 2015, 9:58 AM

+1,000.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess ESPN is in quite a quandary with this one

Oct 9, 2015, 10:19 AM

maybe even a conundrum. Do we do the right thing and keep reporting this by big advertisers OR try to find away to report once and ignore.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lots of money changing hands right now... legal and

Oct 9, 2015, 10:21 AM

corporate.

ESPN would never incorrectly report info to support their

Oct 9, 2015, 10:25 AM [ in reply to I guess ESPN is in quite a quandary with this one ]

interests.

Maybe they'll fire CNN for whistleblowing...***

Oct 9, 2015, 10:29 AM

Re: I guess ESPN is in quite a quandary with this one

Oct 9, 2015, 10:41 AM [ in reply to I guess ESPN is in quite a quandary with this one ]

The bigger issue are the guys with Data analytic backgrounds that fill out 1,000s of teams using computer scripts based on their own algorithms. You should always check to see how many entries are allowed in any contest.

Kinda like the hedge fund guys and microsecond trading.***

Oct 9, 2015, 10:43 AM

FYI - This does not really apply to the TigerNet leagues

Oct 9, 2015, 10:44 AM

since they are private. You won't be competing against any FanDuel or Draftkings employees :)

Definitely not as costly...***

Oct 9, 2015, 10:45 AM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic