Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ah.....Reality.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

Ah.....Reality.

Dec 3, 2012, 7:10 PM

Very often reality is something a person doesn't like, and doesn't consider nice.

Enter Clemson vs. LSU in the Peach Bowl. I read the malarkey on this board from the orange glasses folks grasping at straws. Throwing out LSU's point spread in wins over SEC teams this year, the "hey remember when we beat Tennessee when they were ranked in the top 10?".

Yeah that crowd, which the majority of folks on here are.

First, when Clemson beat Tennessee we were playing the best stretch of football at Clemson from now all the way back to the mid 80's. Football I am talking about, not a conference title in a pathetic conference. Speaking of pathetic conferences the ACC is, and has been for a very long time. So don't give us this crapola about LSU only beat this team or that team in the SEC by this many points......garbage.

The only factor that makes any difference in the outcome of this game is whether or not LSU is half motivated for playing us and playing in this game. He!! that may not matter because it doesn't seem given recent history that we are motivated to play in any bowl game.

If they are motivated then they take our a$$e$ and force-feed them to us. Period. We ain't strong enough, we arent tough enough, and we aren't talented enough up front to beat them, and that is reality. Oh and top that off with our defense being the worst I can possibly remember.

Has anyone spewing the sunshine watched the offensive and defensive lines of these teams in the SEC? Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Sakerlina, Florida? Have you also checked our recruiting class this year for the offensive line?

Flash and dash beats ACC teams, not the big boys.

It sucks, but that's the way it is. If 4 years of Sakerlina misery doesn't make that much clear, not sure what a loss to these guys if motivated does to change any opinions on either side of the argument.

nc.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So when we beat Tennessee we were playing the best

Dec 3, 2012, 7:14 PM

stretch of football in decades? Hadn't we just recently lost to Duke?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: So when we beat Tennessee we were playing the best

Dec 3, 2012, 7:17 PM

weak forest beat the crap out of us...saw that in person.

Ah yes, Wake...I got my bottom feeders mixed up

Dec 3, 2012, 7:44 PM

Wake and Duke...same difference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

No that was Wake and Maryland I think

Dec 3, 2012, 7:17 PM [ in reply to So when we beat Tennessee we were playing the best ]

think the Duke loss was after big win vs Miami

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2004***

Dec 3, 2012, 7:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

The," We just couldn't figure out what Duke was going to do

Dec 3, 2012, 10:23 PM

on defense" game.

No.....

Dec 3, 2012, 7:20 PM [ in reply to So when we beat Tennessee we were playing the best ]

It was the best 4 game stretch of football we have played. Many in the media and otherwise stated so when we beat Tennessee. We beat duke in that stretch. But also FSU, Sakerlina in the 63-17 game so many here still cling to and a top 10 Tennessee team.

Dude, that was a pretty crappy year. But now you're

Dec 3, 2012, 7:44 PM

narrowing it down to the best 4 game stretch in decades? I don't know, we had a pretty good stretch last year with wins over Auburn, FSU, and VT.

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

I wouldn't call it "crappy" necesarily...we won 9 games and

Dec 3, 2012, 10:23 PM

finished ranked in the Top 25, which fans were pretty happy about at the time.

GO TIGERS

FSU was on their way down and SCU was terrible that year...

Dec 3, 2012, 7:47 PM [ in reply to No..... ]

The win over UT was huge, but you can't call that the best 4 game stretch since the 80's, when FSU was at the beginning of becoming an average team and SCU was down right horrible in 2003.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That year Clemson lost to Georgia, Maryland, NC State and

Dec 3, 2012, 7:22 PM [ in reply to So when we beat Tennessee we were playing the best ]

Wake.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe we lost to WF the week before beating FSU... we

Dec 3, 2012, 7:44 PM [ in reply to So when we beat Tennessee we were playing the best ]

were down 45-0 at half, if memory serve.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

You're correct, that was hardly a great stretch of football***

Dec 3, 2012, 7:45 PM

What?? That was a phenomenal stretch of football

Dec 3, 2012, 7:53 PM

Beat #3 FSU, Duke, USuC (63-17), then Tenn in the Peach Bowl.

Freaking awesome.

I would argue last years run through AU/FSU/VT was just as

Dec 3, 2012, 7:55 PM

impressive

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

The.....

Dec 3, 2012, 8:15 PM

Boogereaters sucked last year and have ever since Cam left. Their coach is gone not a year removed. VT? Come on.

FSU was 3, Tennessee was 7 I believe and Sakerlina was in the top 25 I think and that was on the road at the dump in Columbia.

USuC was unranked, 5-6. Needed to win to get to a bowl.

Dec 3, 2012, 8:36 PM

NO BOWL FOR YOU.

For me the most important game will always be USuC.

Dec 3, 2012, 8:35 PM [ in reply to I would argue last years run through AU/FSU/VT was just as ]

Gotta beat them to be in the mix for "best ever."

Sure it was a good stretch, but I think last year's was

Dec 3, 2012, 8:00 PM [ in reply to What?? That was a phenomenal stretch of football ]

better. Duke and USuCk were awful.

I wanted to fire Bowden at half time. I believe we had given

Dec 3, 2012, 10:26 PM [ in reply to I believe we lost to WF the week before beating FSU... we ]

up 28 straight pts. to Wake, plus they had just marched 80 yards for the 4th td, when we had a 4th and 2 on their 38 with about a minute 40 to go. Bowden punted. If I would have had the power, he would have taken a cab home.

Wow nothing here but just words and opinion

Dec 3, 2012, 7:19 PM

Care to put anything behind it? Anything besides 'feeeeelings'? Just one number? Like line size or turnovers or average yards per pass or average pass yardage against the secondary or or

I can just as easily say that LSU has been off their game for a while this season and not offer anything else. See how that works?

Oh yeah....

Dec 3, 2012, 7:25 PM

So the defense you have witnessed this year isn't that bad? And 4 years of Sakerlina misery isn't enough? Don't give me 2 out of 3 against Cam Newtonless Boogereaters either.....

Not sure what else evidence folks like you need.

Well for starters

Dec 3, 2012, 7:43 PM

I'll put a 10 minute ball advantage over Auburn to ONLY win by 2 points on the table as one piece of evidence they have a fallible offense.

I'll give you that they are sacking monsters - over 30 for the season incl 4 vs SCar. But they allowed as many passing yards as they passed (about 2400). They did stop the rush (about 1200) pretty well except Towson (!) found a way to see almost 200. Bama and Ole Miss gained over 150 on the ground. So there is a way to rush AND pass against them. They got especially worse against the pass as the season went on. The last 3 games they allowed over 300 yrds each for teams like Arkansas and Miss State.

They are NOT Bama or UGA defensively. They are monsters on the line, but they aren't perfect.

And.....

Dec 3, 2012, 7:53 PM

What about their backs and o-line and backs against our defense. Folks wake up this game is not played by the Clemson offense only. Did you see Sakerlina with a backup QB and no Lattimore? For two years in a row with no Lattimore too.

And we blocked their D Line? LSU may not have a Clowney but they got more that are like him than we have played outside of FSU and Sakerlina.

And did you see the vaunted FSU and GT against their SEC rivals? It is called being inferior.

nc.

So Clemson is FSU and LSU is FL?

Dec 3, 2012, 8:11 PM

Or is Clemson GT and LSU FSU???

Yes, the SEC is a stronger CONFERENCE. But LSU is not that much of a better TEAM. They barely beat Auburn if you want generalities. It makes sense those who risk their money betting give LSU that advantage, but after all they only give a 4 point advantage. And since LSU has some weaknesses that can be exploited, Morris' goal is to do that. Play calling will be huge - kind of like it was in the SCar game - there was almost no diversity after the 1Q. Why? I don't know.

Sure, our defense is the weak link. But I'll take the opposite side and say they now have battle scars from playing their first GOOD SEC team in SCar. They did not totally break down and allow SCar unlimited points in the second half like before, for example. They WILL give up points to the point of frustration. But there is a way to score against their offense. If Arkansas can do it....

Whatever you say bro....

Dec 3, 2012, 8:20 PM

Stick with that logic and we will see where that gets us in the bowl game, and again against Sakerlina next year for that matter.

If Dabo wants to shut Spurrier up like all of us would like so desperately, then he better start recruiting the same type of talent on defense and the lines that he does at RB WR and QB.

nc.

Is in the works, isn't it?

Dec 3, 2012, 8:39 PM

Many of the top 2013 recruits are defense, aren't they?

I get your anger about defensive recruiting. Swinney screwed up in my mind also by recruiting TOO heavily for star running and receiving talent.

Ur reality

Dec 3, 2012, 7:21 PM

seems miserable.

Man, glad you figured this out....the boys should probably

just stay at home this NYE eh?

Re: Man, glad you figured this out....the boys should probably

Dec 3, 2012, 7:24 PM

To avert another beatdown, absolutely.

Re: Ah.....Reality.

You speak truth wise one.

Fan is short for fanatical.

Dec 3, 2012, 7:25 PM

You should try to be a fan sometime.

Of course we know LSU has a great defense. But I happen to think Clemson matches up better against LSU than Scar.

LSU has no Jadaveon Clowney. Other than Clowney, our O-line has played lights out this year. I think we can contain their defensive front which will make us dangerous.

As a fan, you support your team no matter what. Reality is created and recreated by those that are on the field. This is what is great about sports. What is perceived as reality is constantly flipped upside down and a new reality emerges.

So my point is your post has no significant meaning and you are a horrible fan. Support Clemson or get out.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Fan is short for fanatical.

Dec 3, 2012, 7:51 PM

" I think we can contain their defensive front which will make us dangerous".

Good luck with that.This LSU team has played down or up to the opponents level all year long. With this much time to prepare Les Miles will have them ready to play. Not trolling , just stating the obvious. Take it for what its worth.

Dec 3, 2012, 7:29 PM

Last I checked Towsend State is not in the SEC and also there is a guage to measure in that they struggled against Auburns D while we moved the ball extrememly well. While we all know that none of that is foolproof evidence it does give us hope that we may be able to at least move the ball against them and we also may match up against their O with our D better than some think. Rays of sunshine for many but gotta keep hope alive.

You do know LSU is only a 3.5 point favorite don't you?***

Dec 3, 2012, 7:32 PM

Huh?

Dec 3, 2012, 7:47 PM

Who gives a rats a$$ about a point spread. It's about winning and losing. Beating the snot out of people and walking away with a W.

Anything else is a failure. The scoreboard never ever lies.

nc.

Re: You do know LSU is only a 3.5 point favorite don't you?***

Dec 3, 2012, 8:00 PM [ in reply to You do know LSU is only a 3.5 point favorite don't you?*** ]

what was the point spread for the carolina game

Dec 3, 2012, 7:34 PM

you listen to too much talk radio and hang around the dirtpeckers too much

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are no Towson ... that's for dang sure ...

Dec 3, 2012, 7:42 PM

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=322730099

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like you'll be upset if Clemson beats LSU

Dec 3, 2012, 7:48 PM

...just sayin'...

Actually....

Dec 3, 2012, 7:58 PM

Quite the opposite. I will be just as pi$$ed as ever bc the shortfalls are so obvious it's ridiculous.

So frustrating. People keep talking about quit bashing the ACC, well, it's pathetic. What else is there. Clemson and Dabo need to figure it out and understand that recruiting the 4 and 5 star hogs up front, and developing the hogs you have gets Ws. Pretty fast guys only don't get it done....as much as I love what we have there.

nc.

Re: Actually....

Dec 3, 2012, 8:26 PM

well said.. also correct... we area about as good as we will get until our O/L and D/L improve... very simple

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ah.....fortune teller

Dec 3, 2012, 8:00 PM

Oh great, all knowing one. Please pick me a stock and a lottery number. I could use the extra money that your ability to read the future will bring me. In all reality, I don't understand people that claim to be Clemson fans and then run around talking about how bad we are and how bad we are going to loose. Does that make you fell superior? The facts are, there are two teams and one of them will win. You have a 50% chance of being right. You are probably the kind of guy that tells his friends that his wife is a wh0re and his kids are stupid, failing to realize that they are your family. If you don't like the Tigers, go be a FAN of another team. Maybe you alrady are!

Re: Ah.....fortune teller

Dec 3, 2012, 8:03 PM

Why are so many of you attacking what ncclmsntgr has to say? I understand why it bothers you, but what he is saying is pretty logical.

Exactly.....

Dec 3, 2012, 8:06 PM

Hey I ain't trying to get votes from LSU folks or anything here, nor am I happy about this crap, but the record is the record, and unfortunately it sucks. Until Dabo figures out that he needs to start recruiting and developing talent on the lines ( and defense overall), it won't change.

nc.

Re: Exactly.....

Dec 3, 2012, 8:25 PM

This post is a lot different than your 1st post. I don't disagree that we need more beef. Although I respect our guys for the way they play a little more nasty might help too. What my problem is about is all of the bashing and talking about getting it handed to us. There are some great Clemson fans that really want to believe that we can win. I am one of them. There are a lot of things that may be true, but we don't really need to hear them from everyone with a keyboard. I have been a football and Clemson fan for 4+ decades and I honestly believe that we can beat LSU, if things go well and Tahj keeps his head. If not, it could come out different.

I hope we win just like the next guy....

Dec 3, 2012, 8:33 PM

But to say you don't need to hear the reality stuff from "everyone with a keyboard"?

Uh, you don't get enough of the we are gonna wax LSU and here are the 100 reasons why post on this board as it is?

I am in the minority on this board pal, even if not in the minority in terms of thoughts of the fan base.

Typical tigernet response to something that rubs against the grain whether true or not.

Sorry to rain on the orange glasses parade.

nc.

Re: I hope we win just like the next guy....

Dec 3, 2012, 9:10 PM

Hey ncclmsntgr, you seem like a logical guy with great football knowledge. This game will be won in the trenches. We have the same type posters on tigerdroppings.com. Come check us out on the tiger rant and introduce yourself. If you want to talk football you will be welcomed by many.

What he is saying about the line of scrimmage is not only

Dec 3, 2012, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Ah.....fortune teller ]

Logical but absolute fact

SEC argument is crap.

Dec 3, 2012, 9:23 PM

Coots have been in the SEC since 1992. Clemson was 12-5 against them through 2008.

This is their best stretch of teams, ever. Has nothing to do with the SEC or ACC.

Frank Howard went through a stretch from 1945-1954 where he was 1-7-2 against the coots and we named the field after him so get your head out of your ### and gain some perspective.

Well that certainly took guts to say...

Dec 3, 2012, 10:08 PM

I happen to agree with a lot of what you said. I do maintain a level of cautious optimism always because I'm a fan. At the same time I can see the differences you described. It's a problem that a large number of people here have tried to define. I hate the ACC. Pass the wine and cheese please ;).

I live my life in the sunshine! No grey cloud is going to

Dec 3, 2012, 10:13 PM

chase my sunshine away!

Go Tigers!
Beat LSU!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Dec 3, 2012, 10:16 PM

Hey, ncclmsntgr, LSU only beat this team or that team in the SEC by this many points...i think we have a shot...

Motivated?? Excuses already??? LOL

Dec 3, 2012, 10:19 PM

Hey yall...did you hear how this guy said, "if LSU is motivated"?...hes already laying the groundwork for a good excuse because he thinks Clemson has a legit shot of beating them...

Ah.....Reality is what you make it. Half full or half

Dec 3, 2012, 10:33 PM

empty?

All in for the Tigers or taking shots at the Tigers? Reality is what YOU make it. Loyal to the Tigers or just a fair weather fan?

The Tigers are much better than you are painting the picture but your "reality" gets in the way.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic