Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fan Appreciation Day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Fan Appreciation Day

Jul 29, 2017, 1:58 PM

Could someone please tell me how Fan Appreciation Day works? Where can you park? Is there a lot of walking involved? How long does it last? Are all players and coaches available for autographs? Are lines so long that you can only get 1 or 2 autographs or can you get a lot?

I am recovering from cancer surgery and trying to figure out if I will be able to participate or if it will be too difficult for me. Thanks for any help!

Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would like to know too***

Jul 29, 2017, 2:59 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would like to know too***

Jul 29, 2017, 5:28 PM

I've attended fan appreciation day for the past five years and have had fun each and every time. Here are something's to know:

PARKING: parking is free; you can park anywhere you want around the stadium

AUTOGRAPHS: players line up by position groups; for example, if you get Dexter Lawrence's autograph, you will also get autographs from the rest of the D-Link; if you plan on getting lots of autographs COME EARLY; I usually show up three hours early

CONCESSIONS: there will be free water and soft drinks available

FREE STUFF: you can get free magnets, schedule posters, schedule cards, schedule stickers in the IPTAY office and possibly more

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2017, 6:28 PM

Tiger4Life54,
You said to get there early to get the most autographs. Is this so you get in line early for the autographs or another reason? Is it all set up early so you know where all the players will be? Also, is it held in the stadium or under it?

One of the other responders said that the whole thing lasts about 4 hours. Are there any speeches or is it all an autograph session?

Thanks Exsitu for your well wishes. It has been quite an ordeal, but my treatments are almost over! I was a student in '81 for the first National Championship. I was glad I got to see it in person in Miami. Because of my illness, I was not able to go to the game this year, but watched it on TV. It was a fantastic way to start a difficult year!!

I am going to try my hardest to make it to Fan Appreciation Day.

I know I have asked a lot of questions, but I am excited about the day. When you go through what I have in the last year, you wonder how many of these you may have left to go to, and appreciate the opportunity to be there even more! Any other suggestions out there?

GO TIGERS!!!

Jul 29, 2017, 6:40 PM

Feel free to ask many more. The whole thing is an autograph session. I get in line early so that I don't have to wait as long for my first autograph. About a 4 days to a week before this event, you can find what gates to line outside of for what player on ClemsonTigersOfficialAthletic Site.com or possibly even here on Tigernet.

PS. The event is usually only 2 1/2 hours not four or more specifically 2:30-5:00PM

Jul 29, 2017, 7:33 PM

I forgot to ask earlier, isn't the IPTAY office part of the stadium? Do you get the free stuff from the office on Fan Appreciation Day or do you have to go during the week get it? Thanks.

GO TIGERS!!!

Jul 29, 2017, 7:59 PM

You get free stuff inside of the stadium and if you want the stickers, you go in the IPTAY office. The IPTAY office is connected to the stadium. You get all of this stuff the day of fan appreciation day. And sorry about not saying this early: stay strong and keep fighting, I'll be praying for you!

Go Tigers

Re: Fan Appreciation Day

Jul 29, 2017, 5:22 PM

The lady says it was four hours... Her memory is better than mine. There's no assigned parking, so you'll need to come early if you want a space close to the stadium, however, it's nothing like gameday. I'm sure that the worker's driving golf carts would have no problem assisting you.

The players are divided into position groups, so standing in one line will get you plenty of autographs. Last year was unique because there was a two hour line in order to see one player. Although, Hunter's catch is already Clemson lore before he's graduated and they're plenty of SI mags left to sign, including my own, so he might be separated aswell. The other line that is a long wait is for a guy named Dabo and that won't change this year, so plan out what's important.

It's going to be hot to be prepared. They were handing out water bottles but I wouldn't expect it. My lady was the one who ordered delivery pizza, in line at the stadium, while we and the girls endured to see our one of a kind quarterback, and yes they delivered. We just roll like that. Hope this helps you a little and hope your recovery is fast.

Fight Tiger!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2017, 7:50 PM

boykinlp----Other posters have covered most of the "what, where, how, etc". I would add, if standing for a long time is difficult for you, I would highly recommend one of those little folding camp seats. You can move it along in the line.

I hope you have a speedy and complete recovery.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2017, 8:22 PM

Thank you, that is a good idea!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic