Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Facts of Life
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Facts of Life

Mar 1, 2016, 11:01 AM

Of course most of you know I'm a supporter of Brownell. What some ( especially younger fans) fail to realize are a few facts of life regarding Tiger Basketball.
They are:1. Even though we have moments and a few years that give us pleasure we must realize that when it comes to basketball we are the "Chicago Cubs " of the ACC.
2. We are the ONLY school of the original members of the conference that has NEVER won the tournament. We have only been to the finals twice.
3. We are the ONLY school of the original members to have NEVER won at Chapel Hill.
(NOTE: Even most RECENT members have done one or both of these. Just a few years ago we had an 11 point lead with 3 minutes left and lost in OT ! )
For the most part the above facts are not Brownell ( or any coach) issues it is just simply CLEMSON BASKETBALL.
I don't understand some things in life but I do know there are things in life that are just constant and never change !
Now having presented the Basketball facts of life that we must live with let me say some facts of life for you Coot fans. You talk constantly about the SEC in football but the fact is you will NEVER win the SEC in football so what's the point ?? Spurrier said when he came "Why not us ?" What he failed to understand is the answer to that question is simple--you are USC !!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Facts of Life

Mar 1, 2016, 11:07 AM

that Tootie was a trip!

"You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both..."***

Mar 1, 2016, 11:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What do I do with them? Don't leave me handgun bro.***

Mar 1, 2016, 11:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

People probably said that about Baylor football 10 years ago***

Mar 1, 2016, 11:16 AM

Mar 1, 2016, 11:18 AM

So what should we be happy with then?

1 tournament a decade?

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

I knew we had given up on basketball when they refused to

Mar 1, 2016, 11:24 AM

build an Oculus at the new Littlejohn. Why didn't we just build a gigantic white flag flying over it, or an upside down Clemson flag?
These are qweshions that burn in my head movies at night.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Respectfully disagree ...

Mar 1, 2016, 11:36 AM

Football is and ever shall be the crown jewel at Clemson. It should be.

But it does not preclude basketball sitting at the right hand, with baseball and soccer alternating seats at the left with the season.

I believe that the constant yearning for Clemson to return to power in football led to a focus on football ... and ONLY football ... and this is understandable. I also believe that effort has paid dividends for this university that will bear fruit for decades.

With football properly resurrected, attention can now turn to basketball and baseball. It's sort of like having to rebuild a classic car's motor, then attend to other problems. Until the motor works properly there's no need to worry about anything else.

Basketball is currently in its final year of transition, predicated by the need to rebuild Littlejohn. Not the slapdash renovation of a decade ago, but substantial change. I foresee substantial change in the future fortunes of basketball as well ... either with the current regime or the next.

I shall continue to support the young men who dedicate their talent and dreams to making Clemson all that they can make it. And I firmly believe there are better day ahead.

Even that win in Chapel Hill .... soon.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Loser mentality

Mar 1, 2016, 11:51 AM

I have more respect for a delusional, SEC sycophant coot who still has some hope and some fight in them than I have for defeatists like you.

Give up if you want; I remember some great basketball teams at Clemson. I was there with my backpack full of texts and notes, studying for finals outside in the cold, waiting for a little yellow slip to get in and watch us beat Duke to win regular season ACC.

Give up if you want to, loser. I still want a basketball program at Clemson. Brad Brownell and his staff have to date FAILED to achieve that. If that doesn't change soon he will go, and we will try again with someone else... because real Clemson men are not defeatist losers. The day will come when we WILL win in Chapel Hill. We WILL win the ACC tournament. It will happen one day because we don't give up.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

mollym would love this post

Mar 1, 2016, 12:00 PM

She'd be all "we just suck at basketball because we don't care. Football is okay, but if we lose to the coots at baseball it means they are better because they are better at mens and wimminz basketball and their baseball team is better for this one year. I guess the coots are just a better school and athletic department."

Re: mollym would love this post

Mar 1, 2016, 12:06 PM

but she is a Clemson fan ;)

Well she has one thing in common with CU fans

Mar 1, 2016, 12:27 PM

They all got into Scar. That's about it, though.

I am hoping BB and the Tigers go on a 5-6 game run to

Mar 1, 2016, 12:11 PM

end the season...

but I doubt Brownell, nor any coach, would want the admin's feelings to be "well, we are who we are, so we'll just keep you"... I think BB is probably a fiery competitor and does not like the status quo... and wants it to change.

where we are is not what he sold to TDP.... and i'm sure he is aware of that

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2016, 2:37 PM

Regarding fact #3
Not only have we not beat them in Chapel Hill, they have built 3 different gyms for us to try.
Woollen Gym, Carmichael Arena and the Dean E. Smith Center.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i was hoping this was about blair & tootie.***

Mar 1, 2016, 2:38 PM

Well, one those "never haves" is going to end this year !

Mar 1, 2016, 4:18 PM

Them Tigers will win the ACCT this year. So, you can print that, tweet that, whatever....

Remember, you heard it first on TigerNet !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, one those "never haves" is going to end this year !

Mar 1, 2016, 4:19 PM

"Remember, you heard it first on TigerNet ! "

You say this a lot and they never happen.

I would maybe get my expectations in check. History has not

Mar 1, 2016, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Well, one those "never haves" is going to end this year ! ]

been our friend in that dept. what about this year's team makes you think that our dismal existence that is post-season ACC play will be magically erased?

Yes, I would love to see us win the tournament, but I don't think we have the bench depth, talent, or consistent shooting to kill the three giants it would take to win the ACC tournament.

Re: I would maybe get my expectations in check. History has not

Mar 1, 2016, 4:46 PM

He is a troll

trolls are realistic...***

Mar 1, 2016, 5:01 PM

Re: trolls are realistic...***

Mar 1, 2016, 7:29 PM

Not always he probably runs back over to a Chicken message board and talks about how delusional we are.

He is a self proclaimed super fan who can't even spell our players names correctly.

He isn't a Clemson fan

There you go again ClemTiger117, always with them negative

Mar 1, 2016, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: I would maybe get my expectations in check. History has not ]

waves ...

Why don't you say soemthing postive and rightous for a change ? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is in the World ? Camillias should be blooming soon ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyh-JpWdGmQ

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2016, 4:48 PM

I made an analogy after the GT game comparing Clemson bball to Baylor football. If they can improve even when sucking why can't Clemson? Why not Clemson?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

won't argue bb..but "cant win at clemson" is unacceptable &

Mar 1, 2016, 8:01 PM

untrue.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic