Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Taggart Takedown
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 4,242

The Taggart Takedown

Sep 16, 2018, 8:21 PM

Is this guy even trying ? What exactly does it take to mishandle that kind of talent , and fail to rally around the built in advantages at FSU ?

I know it's a long season and he is Straight Outta Eugene ... but 1-2 at FSU ? Having played VT , Samford and Syracuse ?

Awful . Over/Under on this guy finishing out his initial deal in Tallahassee ?

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Seems there are 20 million reasons he stays at least

Sep 16, 2018, 8:24 PM

two seasons. Would love to see him stay for at least five! LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems there are 20 million reasons he stays at least

Sep 16, 2018, 8:27 PM

I agree . I thought hiring a guy with an overall losing record was a real stretch , like if a guy couldn't win with talent like at a school like .. oh I don't know we'll call it Florida ... why then hire him at your school thinking he will change the flow ?
Staggeringly bad start .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: The Taggart Takedown

Sep 16, 2018, 8:31 PM

I've often heard it tales talent to screw up big time and I'm not referring to the players talent.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 8:32 PM

Then this guy Taggart ... so far , has talented-himself into an unenviable position Mr. Joe ??

DB23

Sep 16, 2018, 8:36 PM

A coach is as only as good as his assistants will let him be. We learned that from Tommy Bowden.......Spence et all. he did give us Dabo though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll take the push

Sep 16, 2018, 8:34 PM

Fired soon after failing to make a bowl

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Sep 16, 2018, 9:26 PM

An expensive buyout + an AD that is not doing great financially + a minority coach = more time than he deserves.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 9:42 PM

1-2 and they've managed exactly one touchdown against FBS opponents so far this season. And although I did not see the game, I'm guessing that TD was against Syracuse's 2nd or 3rd team defense.

FSU's touchdown was completely irrelevant.

Sep 16, 2018, 9:47 PM

FSU scored their lone TD with 6 minutes left in the game, down 23-0. I'm confident that it was against Syracuse's backups.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: FSU's touchdown was completely irrelevant.

Sep 16, 2018, 10:20 PM

Look at the good side Florida losing to Kentucky and FSU looking so poor should help us recruiting in FL.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 10:41 PM

I hope it gets us Tyler Davis at the very least. Will Putnam would be nice but he hasn't been very receptive to the staff's communications and if he doesn't go to FSU I'd expect it to be Auburn.

Sep 16, 2018, 10:50 PM

Don’t count out DT Derick Hunter flipping from FSU to us too. Kid is a baller.

Sep 16, 2018, 10:52 PM

I'm not but I never really expected him to stick with FSU to begin with. He's talented but that recruitment has been all over the place.

Sep 17, 2018, 9:01 AM

A 21mil buyout if fired? Heck I wouldn't try either!! Get me to the beach asap!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2018, 9:09 AM

Taggart hit the lottery. :) FSU takes it on the chin. Bowden did it to us, so I guess it is FSU's turn.

Sep 17, 2018, 9:15 AM

Exception disclaimer : Bowden left with the money , we got Dabo Swinney and the rise to Elite status and multiple Conference and National championships .

DB23

Replies: 16
| visibility 4,242
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic