Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU's recruiting advantage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

FSU's recruiting advantage

Nov 1, 2014, 9:22 AM

Their advantage in the recruiting world over the Tigers comes from their continued harboring
of low character people. If I was a sociopath high school hotshot and looked at going to college
at either Clemson or FSU. I would want to go where the coaches, administration, and police all embraced my thuggery. And helped cover it up.

I can hear Jimbo on the recruiting trail telling the parents ....If your son comes to Tallahassee, I can guarantee he wont have any problems with the law, we've got them in our pocket! Football stars in Tally are like mafia Dons wh just fugeddaboutit!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU's recruiting advantage

Nov 1, 2014, 9:24 AM

How are we going to compete w free crab legs

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BOOSTER $$$$$

Apr 17, 2021, 2:34 PM

Like Miami, once they were forced to run a "cleaner" program, they couldn't compete. Since Dumbo came in as "HC in Waiting " the booster $$$$ have been passed around a plenty. Once you pay them, you can't discipline them.

Re: BOOSTER $$$$$

Nov 1, 2014, 10:13 AM

This is so true. When you see a player getting away with murder and ask "why do they put up with that guy" most assume it's because he is good and they want to win. But it is usually because the player has them over a barrel because he was paid. No telling how much stroking Jimbo had to do on Winston when the Prez finally forced his suspension against us. Heck, Winston even dressed out and was warming up as to imply "if needed I'm going in". Make no mistake Winston is in full control in Tally unless the President intervenes.

That house of cards will come tumbling down relatively

Nov 1, 2014, 10:15 AM

soon.

Just a feeling.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Nov 1, 2014, 10:44 AM

so you think dabo has no insiders in the pickens county police department. remember he got an officer fired that gave him a speeding ticket. all local and university have dabo on speed dial if a problem comes up! you really have to get out of Clemson or pickens county to get in trouble as a tiger. fsu has a nc last year and are undefeated this year as their major recruiting advantage!

Message was edited by: lead tiger®

Nov 1, 2014, 10:48 AM

SAMMY WATKINS would have to disagree.

Nov 1, 2014, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: FSU's recruiting advantage ]

I thought that officer got fired because he posted a picture of the ticket on a gamecock message board.

Don't let facts ruin his drivel***

Nov 1, 2014, 11:04 AM

Clemson

Re: Don't let facts ruin his drivel***

Nov 1, 2014, 11:24 AM

facts not drivel. go watch the video when he ask dabo and his brother to stay in the truck. you watch dabo on that video and then come back and report what you see as drivel. watch close and listen to what dabo's brother says to the cop.

Message was edited by: lead tiger®

Nov 1, 2014, 11:29 AM

I'm not even going to take the time to watch it but if Dabo had that much pull why not just call the police chief to get the ticket dropped. If the officer doesn't post the ticket to the internet the whole thing is a non-story.

Nov 1, 2014, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Don't let facts ruin his drivel*** ]

The coot cop was fine until posted on the facebox totally stupid but what do you expect from a coot

Funny, didn't see him get fired there!

Nov 1, 2014, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Don't let facts ruin his drivel*** ]

I also didn't realize his brother was the coach.

I also notice you didn't address that the officer went and posted on a message board, which isn't very becoming of a professional police officer. Maybe that's why he was fired?!? Oh wait...that's what the office said!!!

"Gregory said both McClatchy and Swinney acted in a professional manner during the incident but that McClatchy was fired for violation of city computer policy, violation of code of ethics and violation of general orders."

Clemson

Nov 1, 2014, 10:53 AM

Low character people make for better hookers and entourage/posse members. We will never compete with any school in Florida in that category. I would like to think we get higher quality kids as a result though. I would rather we be mediocre than crank out walking embarassments like FSU/$EC.

Glad he didn't ,he's huge stepping stone to where we are NOW***

Nov 1, 2014, 11:08 AM

^^^ SORRY , somehow this posted in the WRONG thread.^^^^***

Nov 1, 2014, 11:31 AM

Florida A&M and Tallahassee provide an environment where

Nov 1, 2014, 1:07 PM

there is a significant population of young black as both students and professionals in a pretty nice urban setting. Tallahassee. Is much smaller than Atlanta but is a state capital and has amenities that a city can offer. Depending on preference, certain recruits could find these things attractive and preferable.

Clemson is a different environment with a whole different portfolio of advantages that other recruits will prefer. Dabo has done tremendous job of enhancing Clemson's advantages and marketing them - in essence creating a brand. Clemson's football brand is one of a close family with excellent athletic facilities and best in class academic support in a small, rural town on a beautiful campus. Dabo further sells this by emphasizing the program's approach to develop young men to their full potential whether this is in football or another profession. This is strongly evidence by our football team' s top five academic performance, graduation rates and stellar off field conduct.

I like who Clemson is - but don't have to tear down other schools.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic