Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bigger disaster: Nike's new ad campaign or FSU football?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,230

Bigger disaster: Nike's new ad campaign or FSU football?

Sep 4, 2018, 10:46 AM

Trick question, both suck!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bigger disaster: Nike's new ad campaign or FSU football?

Sep 4, 2018, 10:47 AM

New Coke and the Edsel (ok and Randy too) didnt go so well either

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU, for the moment.

Sep 4, 2018, 10:50 AM

Believe it or not...like it, or not, but Nike is going to win this one. It's about 'walking the talk', something many of us admire. You know, like courage in the face of dissent.

Don't get hung up on the details...focus on the bigger picture.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's how I rank the current important disasters.

Sep 4, 2018, 10:56 AM

1. The Dr. Pepper commercials. (What the heck were they thinking. I am not generally in favor of boycotting products I like, but I might boycott Dr. Pepper until this 'Fansville' thing is over.

2. FSU (HalfAss U is living up to their name.The only thing worse than FSU football are FSU's all black uniforms.)

3. Nike. (I don't give a crap about Nike. I don't like them less today than 5-25 years ago. I don't care.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU, for the moment.

Sep 4, 2018, 12:14 PM [ in reply to FSU, for the moment. ]

I will walk the walk and not buy any Nike product from here on out. I hope more people do the same. Only way to affect change is with the purse.

Michigan & Desmond Howard.***

Sep 4, 2018, 12:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2018, 12:15 PM

Can we not do this one today? Neither side is going to convince the other side of anything. It's just going to result in a bunch of unproductive, offensive messages back and forth. One side you'll get some minorities that overuse the race card, and on the other side you'll get a bunch of white guys stating racism doesn't exist anymore, as if they would know.

Sep 4, 2018, 12:44 PM

Wow - reading that leads me to believe that you've never had to work in a business before. Having dealt with The Race Card for 40+ years will tend to make one racist, or certainly sound like one. Some of us are just sick and tired of hearing the chit on a daily basis. The whining needs to stop before racism can be eliminated. Nobody wants to keep hearing it.

I could tell you some stories that would make you laugh and some to make you want to cry about The Race Card. However, methinks it would fall on deaf ears. Bless your heart.

Sep 4, 2018, 2:04 PM

Wow - reading that leads me to believe that you've never had to work in a business before. Having dealt with The Race Card for 40+ years will tend to make one racist, or certainly sound like one. Some of us are just sick and tired of hearing the chit on a daily basis. The whining needs to stop before racism can be eliminated. Nobody wants to keep hearing it.

I could tell you some stories that would make you laugh and some to make you want to cry about The Race Card. However, methinks it would fall on deaf ears. Bless your heart.

See what I am talking about? You think the way to end racism is to stop playing the race card, not you know, stop being racist. The race card exist because of actual racism. Racism is not the product of the race card being played. Poor disenfranchised majorities, have to deal with the mighty, deadly race card played by black and brown people.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,230
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic