Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU, CU, VT, and GT to Big 12 talk heating up again
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

FSU, CU, VT, and GT to Big 12 talk heating up again

Jan 23, 2013, 9:39 PM

Texas Rivals site is breaking news again. How in the world do these guys have insiders everywhere.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that a question?

Jan 23, 2013, 9:46 PM

Well then, how did that work out for them last year?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is that a question?

Jan 23, 2013, 9:47 PM

They actually broke a lot of the SEC expansion news correctly. They have maintained course with the FSU and other ACC schools to the Big 12. So I don't know where they have been wrong.

So, they are good at knowing who is leaving the Big 12 and

Jan 23, 2013, 10:04 PM

not so much those who are entering from what I see.

Clemson, FSU and other ACC schools were pegged in talks last year, right? We lose Maryland (Big 10) and get UL/ND then let the dust settle. I'll go with what I see/know of the ACC, not some Big 12 pipe dream.

Re: So, they are good at knowing who is leaving the Big 12 and

Jan 23, 2013, 10:14 PM

> not so much those who are entering from what I see.
>
>
> Clemson, FSU and other ACC schools were pegged in
> talks last year, right? We lose Maryland (Big 10)
> and get UL/ND then let the dust settle. I'll go with
> what I see/know of the ACC, not some Big 12 pipe
> dream.

I will tell you there is a huge amount of smoke right now. I trust that CU will do what is best for CU. An eastern division of the big 12 is pretty attractive in my mind. If, and I said if...FSU , Miami, Lousville and NCS pull the trigger, I hope Clemson doesnt let the boat leave without them.

BTW Maryland will not pay anywhere near 50 million, if anything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe there are too many teams for a 4 team super

Jan 23, 2013, 10:27 PM

conference playoff. It's closer to 5-6 with the at least conferences.

3 representing the east coast. Including: ACC, SEC, Big 10 with the PAC whatever, Big 12 and MT West/another possible as the 6th (Mid-West).

The 4 Team Playoff will be added to in the future. The ACC has taken measures as of now and it's up to our teams to prove to be worthy. The opportunity is there despite the propaganda.

Maryland is a prime example of what happens when an ACC school does not make right choices and FSU, the football school of the 90's is not far behind them, as much as many fail to see.

edit from the above

Jan 23, 2013, 10:29 PM

conference playoff. It's closer to 5-6 at least conferences 3 representing the east coast. Including: ACC, SEC, Big 10 with the PAC whatever, Big 12 and MT West/another possible as the 6th (Mid-West).

The 4 Team Playoff will be added to in the future. The ACC has taken measures as of now and it's up to our teams to prove to be worthy. The opportunity is there despite the propaganda.

Maryland is a prime example of what happens when an ACC school does not make right choices and FSU, the football school of the 90's is not far behind them, as much as many fail to see.

wasn't it right before signing day last year. And, uh, Dabo

Jan 23, 2013, 9:48 PM

had to come out and say we weren't going anywhere and all that............

Re: wasn't it right before signing day last year. And, uh, Dabo

Jan 23, 2013, 9:50 PM

With all due respect to Dabo. It doesn't matter what he wants. If the school feels like their financial situation, competitive situation, marketing, brand awareness and other items could make monumental gains by going to the Big 12. We will be going to the Big 12.

I understand Dabo. He wants the path of least resistance. Any coach would

Jan 23, 2013, 9:56 PM

That's not what happened. The Big 12 talk was hurting recruiting. Dabo had to assure recruits that Clemson was staying in the ACC. It has nothing to do with "least resistance."

Jan 23, 2013, 9:59 PM

Of course a coach is not going to come out and say I want the path of least resistance. What DA would do that? I remember him saying that regarding recruiting. I remember also questioning his sanity. The only thing holding us back on the trail right now is our conference. If we go into the Big 12 our recruiting would go balls deep into the top 10 every season

Quit your speculating, you know nothing palmettoson

Jan 24, 2013, 1:39 AM

Just shut up already

LOL! The path of least resistance is the exact opposite of

Jan 23, 2013, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: wasn't it right before signing day last year. And, uh, Dabo ]

Dabo's journey in life. Not his style.

Whether or not there is anything to it, the timing of it

Jan 23, 2013, 10:55 PM [ in reply to wasn't it right before signing day last year. And, uh, Dabo ]

...is all about recruiting.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: FSU, CU, VT, and GT to Big 12 talk heating up again

Jan 23, 2013, 9:51 PM

The sheets bout to hit the fan!!!!

Jan 23, 2013, 9:53 PM

If Maryland gets out of this buy out, or if they even manage to come to a settlement the dominoes are going to start dropping a lot quicker.

I doubt it,

Jan 23, 2013, 10:06 PM

but you can hope.

Re: I doubt it,

Jan 23, 2013, 10:09 PM

Take it for what its worth. I am not the one who wrote the article. You can act like the 900 pound gorilla is not in the room if you want.

You brought an agenda and you and I both know it.

Jan 23, 2013, 10:11 PM

So, don't get mad if I call it how I see it.

Re: You brought an agenda and you and I both know it.

Jan 23, 2013, 10:32 PM

yea....my agenda wrote the article. Honestly, whatever I think has jack s*** to do with the situation. Just read the article.

For the love of >>FOSJGPOISHGP:OSIJG:OWESH;oWJ$NET:On

_________ your opinion then.***

Jan 23, 2013, 10:41 PM

There's lots of smoke.

Jan 23, 2013, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Re: FSU, CU, VT, and GT to Big 12 talk heating up again ]

Regarding GT, I see them going to Big 10 and VT to the SEC, if the big bang happens.

Of course its heating up again. It's almost signing day.***

Jan 23, 2013, 10:06 PM

+1 For noting the big deja vu effect

Jan 23, 2013, 10:10 PM

smh

Re: Of course its heating up again. It's almost signing day.***

Jan 23, 2013, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Of course its heating up again. It's almost signing day.*** ]

Because Texas really gives a sh** how well Clemson recruits. We are just beating Texas left and right for prospects. Wait....what?

DRIVEL***

Jan 23, 2013, 10:11 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: DRIVEL***

Jan 23, 2013, 10:12 PM

Well I didn't write it. I am just passing along what I read in the article. And this information is actually coming from a Rivals site. Not some random dbag from West Virginia.

Re: DRIVEL***

Jan 24, 2013, 12:03 AM

Hell I read the funny papers but I don't feel the need to pass it along every, every , everyday for two years. Jeez

Re: DRIVEL*** and agenda.***

Jan 23, 2013, 11:05 PM [ in reply to DRIVEL*** ]

Not going to happen..... Not a good move for any of those

Jan 23, 2013, 10:31 PM

teams. They would almost have to double there current TV deal for it to give Clemson anymore money and those numbers can't be proven. Very few players from Texas are going to comet to Clemson or any of those other schools to play football and it would hurt us in our current foot print. I know you hate the ACC but its the best option for Clemson unless the SEC ask but they aren't so they aren't moving. As for them knowing about the teams leaving for the SEC everyone knew that Texas A&M told the world they wanted out. The Big12 has lost 4 very good members why would anyone want to go to that sinking ship?

Re: Not going to happen..... Not a good move for any of those

Jan 23, 2013, 10:37 PM

This is getting laughable. If FSU leaves the conference your all in with staying? And how in the world would joining the Big 12 hurt our footprint? RIGHT NOW WE DON"T EVEN HAVE AN ACC FOOTPRINT. If we do its a freaking joke. The Big 12 has Football schools and programs with big state schools. The ACC has small private schools who blow big giant ..... We do not fit in the ACC. As it stands right now per that article the Big 12 schools stand to make 28 million per school next year compared to our 20 million. YIKES.

Look you can bash The ACC all you like but

Jan 23, 2013, 10:49 PM

I am willing to bet 95% of the fans who attend games perfer The ACC. Plus I think you have a very short sighted view of things right now. If the Big12 still had 12 members they wouldn't be paying each school 28M and it would be even less with 14 or 16 teams. The ACC isn't going to lose any schools in NC or VA, and it would be very short sighted for FSU or Clemson to head out west. If have to ask the question why do teams keep leaving the Big12 in droves.

FSU is their own mess, just as is Maryland.

Jan 23, 2013, 11:01 PM

FSU has the the 90's to claim and hasn't done much since. Smh at this "we need FSU"...Clemson was and will always be more than whatever this "we need FSU" mindset is!!!

Re: Look you can bash The ACC all you like but

Jan 23, 2013, 11:05 PM [ in reply to Look you can bash The ACC all you like but ]

What is 95 percent of 5500 fans in Wallace Wade Stadium? Your making up stats now to prove a point. No way 95 percent of CU fans like the ACC. Hell we could disprove that on Tnet alone. Somebody post a poll message.

This post has nothing to do with the Big 12 and more to do with the complete #### show that is the ACC. The ACC is going to get raided because they are complete clowns. TV Contract, by laws, not inviting WVU, inviting Syracuse and on and and on.

It is going to come to a point where if we stay in the ACC we will no longer be viable in the college football world. If you as a fan are ok with that because you don't want to drive another 200 miles then so be it. I'd rather drive the extra 3 hours to watch A REAL FOOTBALL GAME

Ask WV how the move benefited them***

Jan 24, 2013, 1:15 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Extra 3 hours?

Jan 24, 2013, 1:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Look you can bash The ACC all you like but ]

Do you know where Texas is da? It's a hell of a lot further than that. How about Iowa state and Oklahoma? Are those just an extra 3 hours away too. No Real Clemson fans will travel that far and that's a fact.

ACC Is Looking A LOT Better Now ....

Jan 23, 2013, 11:03 PM

no need to move

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC Is Looking A LOT Better Now ....

Jan 23, 2013, 11:07 PM

What is looking better? Our TV contract for the next decade sucks. If we get a better TV contract comparable to Big 12 I'll shut my mouffffff

Jan 23, 2013, 11:10 PM

Chip Brown is like a broken clock. He's right 2 minutes out of every 1440.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Jan 23, 2013, 11:14 PM

What has he been wrong about?

Jan 23, 2013, 11:18 PM

uh everything he has written. good lord man. the dude, greg swaim, chip brown. lmao. i got some very nice swampland you could turn into millions also. interested.

Jan 23, 2013, 11:30 PM

Really DE? Because I remember him calling the TAMU and MIZZ moves well before anyone started reporting it. He also called the WVU move.

He said FSU and CU to the Big 12.....which is still not out of the question

Jan 23, 2013, 11:53 PM

Palmetto is correct. Chip Brown was way ahead of everyone when he reported that Texas may leave Big12 for the PAC 10. Of course that didn't happen but at the time no one even knew the PAC 10 was looking at raiding the Big 12 for members. That news alone set off a firestorm of activity regarding conference shakeup.

I think Brown has proven he has some legitimate sources inside UT and the Big 12.

Rivals site or not, IMO

Jan 24, 2013, 12:04 AM

you have gotton what you wanted - a guaranteed bunch of posts over this completely dead horse (including mine.)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2013, 1:22 AM

> Texas Rivals site is breaking news again. How in the
> world do these guys have insiders everywhere.

They don't, they make crap up and put it out there to see if it will get the schools mentioned to selve evaluate and consider if a move is needed.

If you say something verbally, then you can honestly say that you heard something that was said!

It doesn't have to be true.

The ACC is a lot more stable than it was this time last year

Jan 24, 2013, 5:28 AM

The additional teams, ND's contract for 5 games/yr and OB tiein for almost a decade have added steel and concrete to our foundation.

The whole idea of the ACC losing teams is to destabilize recruiting for the teams mentioned.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic