Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

FSU

Aug 13, 2020, 10:59 AM

So...hearing it's an absolute mess down there......Player put out on twitter earlier that he had tested positive for COVID and wasn't reported....his tweet was later taken down......WR has come out and said they are not getting the weekly testing....parents are all up in arms....and apparently Norvell and some others are supposed to be having a conference at 11/11:30. Seems school is trying to keep this mess under wraps as much as possible.

So....since it seems they can't get their act together, shut down their season and let Nebraska take their place. LOL.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU

Aug 13, 2020, 11:04 AM
uno.jpg(186.9 K)

That well written expose at UNC

Aug 13, 2020, 11:48 AM

Would have garnered a Masters Degree.

Or higher

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That well written expose at UNC

Aug 14, 2020, 10:05 AM

Julius Peppers would have received an A for such at effort. For those of you who haven't read CHEATED, it's worth a look at UNC's cheating. I have to give their lawyers major kudos for managing to whitewash their behavior.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2020, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Re: FSU ]

This is one guy I mentioned in my other post. He is Warren Thompson, a WR who is expected to get a lot of PT this year. The one whose mother wrote the tweet is our leading returning receiver, Terry. He is the real prima donna. He loves to call himself "Scary Terry" and is listed on several All-American lists.

I wish them success whichever school decides to take them out of the portal.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2020, 11:08 AM

FSU is going to take college football down alone with their stupidity and mishandling.

Aug 14, 2020, 1:31 PM

It looks as if Va Tech and Miami will right their ships long before the Tallahassee Titanic floats again.

Aug 13, 2020, 11:29 AM

So...is the "Warren" person an English major?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's certainly drowning attention to it

Aug 13, 2020, 11:31 AM

He himself, that is.

I myself

Aug 13, 2020, 5:08 PM

Gave you a TU. A good laugh eased the headache that “manifesto” caused.

Aug 13, 2020, 11:39 AM

It takes talent to step on one's own toes but it appears FSU has mastered the art. That program is in dire need of a complete overhaul.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2020, 11:45 AM

Warren J is not the spokesman for FSU.

(just wanted to get ahead of the DB from Boston College)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Florida is a hot Covid mess in general. Record deaths ....

Aug 13, 2020, 11:47 AM

Testing down, cases down (not surprising with fewer tests) & hospitalizations also somewhat down.

Trends suggest peak may have been reached BUT schools reopening which potentially could change things significantly.

Plus there’s Miami .... which is a wild card.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Florida is a hot Covid mess in general. Record deaths ....

Aug 13, 2020, 5:43 PM

Just a comment giving the facts. Florida has a higher population than New York. Florida has 100L more total cases than New York. FL has 9K deaths, NY has 33K deaths. The death rate per capita in Florida is in the middle of the states. This is pretty remarkable considering the disproportionate numbers of senior citizens we have here.

Testing is not down. (I live in Florida. I am 69 years old. I have a A-Fib.) I keep up with the Florida stats, especially my county, on a daily basis.

In spite of what the media tells you, Florida still has problems, but not near to the degree the media would have you believe.

FSU trying to hide things and keep them under wraps?

Aug 13, 2020, 11:50 AM

There's a shocker !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 13, 2020, 11:53 AM

This is the least surprising thing I’ve seen this week.

Aug 13, 2020, 11:59 AM

This Warren Thompson guy, Dj Matthews, the corner from BC it never fails. Scroll down on their twitter it’s we want to get paid and coaches aren’t doing enough for BLM. It Never fails. This sport is going to be ruined and quite frankly they get what they deserve at this point. I feel for the players who work hard and are thankful to be on scholarship

Aug 13, 2020, 3:37 PM

leave to Florida state to ruined things for everybody

Aug 13, 2020, 3:53 PM

Yeah... Jimbo was going through a divorce and his relationship with the university was souring.. he wasnt builing a culture. Taggert had no clue how to deal with that and just made it worst.
Culture takes time to build and right now they have a lot of stress in the locker room. If Dabo went to FSU this year, there would still be some of this.
Norvell might can fix it, but it will take time and it will take him finding some team leaders and earning their trust. Not sure they have anyone like that on the roster right now.

Aug 13, 2020, 5:15 PM

Norvell is a huge part of the problem, according to more than a few I've heard from.

He's already impressed people as a scumbag about as assertively as Lane Kiffin did upon arrival at Tennessee...which is saying quite a lot.

He's not even out of his honeymoon phase and he was already managing to blow up his locker room...and this was even before COVID hit.

This would be Norvell's 2nd such incident in the last few

Aug 13, 2020, 5:12 PM

months.

Aug 13, 2020, 5:32 PM

Here is what happened. (All three guys I will mention are WRs.) One guy posted last night that he tested positive for COVID, then took the post down. This morning the mother of another guy posted that the parents weren't being told the truth. Then a third guy put up a long rant on Instagram blasting the coaching for lying to them and not being concerned about the players. He posted that the coaches weren't thinking about the team only about themsleves. They have an 'I' mentality." Then he went on to say. "I need to play. I need to get ready for the NFL. They need to think of my best interests."

Side note: Reminds me of the guy who said, "Why are people so self-centered? All they ever think about is themselves. When are they gonna think about me?"

Well this started a twitter "war." Several players went on twitter and defended the coaches saying that the protocols were working and the coaches were doing a great job and the players loved the coaches and felt completely safe."

Norvell had his scheduled press conference and calmly stated that participation in the program was completely voluntary and if the players didn't feel safe they were free to leave.

My best guess: Norvell inherited a culture mess. Two of those WRs are well known as prima donnas. These three guys are probably cancers on the team and Norvell is gonna have to figure out how to handle them.

My advice would be to invite all three in, have a discussion with them, and then tell them that he supported them if they wanted to leave and hand them the paperwork to enter the transfer portal.

It's just one of the things that every new coach has to deal with. COVID has just added to fuel that malcontents can use to stir the pot.

Aug 13, 2020, 5:52 PM

Well summarized. Every coach that’s ever taken a new job has been pushed by guys trying to get over. Malcontents only know discontent. If FSU were to come out and win their first several games those guys would be running alongside the bus trying to hop on. It will take a few years to fumigate the program.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic