Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,261

FSU

Feb 7, 2019, 1:33 PM

Who is more to blame for their current sad state? Jimbo or Willie? (sounds like a bluegrass duo, doesn't it? Jimbo & Willie!)

I live in Tally for 12 years and have a lot of friends who are big Nole fans. They all lay the blame at Jimbo's feet and say he dug a hole so deep that Taggart will have a hard time climbing out. No doubt that FSU is no longer the FSU of old. UF is on the rise, UM could be - we'll see how Manny Diaz does with them this year, and then there's UCF. 10 years ago who would've thought FSU would be the 4th or 5th best school in Florida?? You know that hurts recruiting. And they have to contend with our rise as well. We will be to them, now, the obstacle that they were to us for so long.

On the plus side, if he can get a top ranked QB next year, he can almost guarantee that the kid will start. Same with a lot of other positions there.

Don't get me wrong - I hate FSU. My ex is from there and her family are big fans. But that was a great rivalry in the Atlantic and that's what put us over the top in the national minds - regularly beating FSU, at Doak and the Valley. I'd like to see the Atlantic be a tough division again. It'll make our players better and make our record that much better.

In the meantime, I'm going to continue to enjoy the record-breaking beatdowns :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU

Feb 7, 2019, 1:43 PM

I say it's Jimbo's fault, you can't find a coach in the country that walk into a toxic locker room and make them super stars quickly and have good chemistry. Talent isn't the issue at FSU it's ethics within the team, you get problems that coaching can't fix and it's going to take a decent amount of time for Willie to get it done.

What is Willie's reputation from WKU, USF, and Oregon...is

Feb 7, 2019, 2:07 PM

he known for discipline? The whole atmosphere in Tallahassee, not just the campus, seems to be toxic. Players getting away with anything and everything, cops/coaches covering for players, and not to mention Publix letting players get free seafood anytime they want it. Not sure the powers that be will let Willie clean house (if that is his intent) they seem to be more comfortable with "winning at any cost".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2019, 2:00 PM

Jimbo's discipline and Willie's arrogance.

I think Jimbo let the culture slip deep into a bad spot.

On the other hand, I think Willie walked in with an arrogance that he could walk in and the rest of the conference would bow down to his offensive scheme.

It was amazing watching their team from kickoff of the VA Tech game to the 4th quarter.

Willie convinced them that they would roll and put people on notice.

When it didn't happen, the players and Willie had no idea what to do.

It will be interesting to see how he adjusts his plan moving forward.

So far he has blamed the players when they get blown out and hired an OC with questionable ethics and a new scheme.

May be Fishers fault, but Taggert is still a horrible hire

Feb 7, 2019, 2:03 PM

Hes waaaaay in over his head.

Feb 7, 2019, 2:19 PM

Please. Ole man B never had a lick of discipline. But he could get them focused to win. Jimbo did for a while. Then he saw that some of his stars werent really the players he thought they could be. ANd he took the easy way out. Kind of left that culture as a team. If they can get you down early they tank. Our game was a good example. Not enough grit and toughness. Yet that is exactly what personifies our guys. They want to play and win. They dont need some silly book bag or chain to motivate them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2019, 2:19 PM

We absolutely have the best coaches and program in the country. Proud we are on top of the mountain and doing it the right way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hands down the BOT is to blame.

Feb 7, 2019, 2:34 PM

They allowed the boosters to degrade the FSU program to such depths that cleaning it up meant revamping the culture. Willie is just the janitor they hired to clean up all the puke that started under Bobby's late years.

Texas had the same thing happen under Mack Brown, why do you think he was so welcomed back to UNC after letting the tail wag the dog at Texas. FSU saw Charlie Strong throw 22 players off the team his first year there.

As soon as Willie gets rid of the divas that Jimbo and the boosters hired recruited he will be replaced by a real coach exactly like Texas.

When the locals and media around Tuscaloosa figure out the game has passed Saban by they'll start outing Tide players for their behavior and go through the same cleanup process.

It won't happen with Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2019, 4:33 PM

First Coach Bowden stayed too long. Next Jimbo saddled up with crazy JW and had to lie so often that he became fatigued by the weight of those lies. Finally his wife divorced him. Unhappy festered.

Feb 7, 2019, 5:03 PM

Jimbo certainly pushed the boulder and started it rolling down the hill but Willie appears to be standing there yelling “wait, stop” but not actually doing anything to make it stop. The team had talent but you wouldn’t know it by looking at the play on the field. I have no reason to believe thing will dramatically improve n the short term.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,261
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic