Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU (Warchant.com) discusses "the climb to catch Clemson"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

FSU (Warchant.com) discusses "the climb to catch Clemson"

Feb 25, 2019, 3:37 PM

https://youtu.be/h1itKQH9Lzk

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: FSU (Warchant.com) discusses "the climb to catch Clemson"

Feb 25, 2019, 3:52 PM

I don't know how this guy keeps his job as a FL St talking head.
I'm surprised they haven't sent him packing.

He sounds like more of a Clemson fan than about half the people on Tigernet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2019, 8:48 PM

Surely you jest .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Any chance we can get a transcript?

Feb 25, 2019, 3:57 PM

Or at least a blurb. Ain't nobody got time to listen to that.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Any chance we can get a transcript?

Feb 25, 2019, 4:24 PM

"Wow we have a long way to go to catch Clemson"

"Clemson's players love to play for Dabo and believe in the program"

"Does Taggert have any chance of closing the gap?"

"If we have extreme patients the way Clemson did with Dabo then maybe"

"Clemson wasn't use to winning like FSU so idk if we will have patients"

"Wow we have a long way to go to catch Clemson"

null

Re: Any chance we can get a transcript?

Feb 25, 2019, 5:32 PM

"Does Taggert have any chance of closing the gap?" - I can answer that for them - "NO".

"If we have extreme patients the way Clemson did with Dabo then maybe"
I worked in hospitals for years, and we had some extreme patients, but we used extreme patience dealing with them.

"extreme patients"? Are they very sick or something?

Feb 25, 2019, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Any chance we can get a transcript? ]

nm

Feb 25, 2019, 4:44 PM

Very complimentary of Dabo and the Clemson program. Only thing that caught my attention was the consistent message that Clemson had extreme patients the first few seasons.

Although the first 3 seasons were not great. Dabo had wins over FSU and Miami in 2009 and played in the ACC title game. That built him enough credibility to get through 2010 with coaching changes.

Then in 2011 he wins the first ACC title since 1991. Yes, WVU sucked but that was a big year for the program.

The very next season you finish with 11 wins including LSU and he is off to the races.

If Dabo went 5-7 multiple years finishing 5th in the division I don't think he makes it to 2011.

null

Feb 25, 2019, 5:13 PM

I can relate. I need extreme patience with my extreme patients.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2019, 5:34 PM

^^ lol - great minds think alike. Didn't read far enough before saying the same thing.

Feb 25, 2019, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: FSU (Warchant.com) discusses "the climb to catch Clemson" ]

That 2009 win vs the Canes was an endearing moment for me with Dabo as our coach . Up until that win I wasn't yet sold , I celebrated that win at a backyard party and I told people then that I thought we made the right choice after all , even without my blessing (lol)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 25, 2019, 5:20 PM

If you want to hear some praise of the Clemson program right down to Terry Don Phillips, then this is the guy to listen to. Just need to skip over the first couple of minutes of b s.

Typical criminole turd

Feb 25, 2019, 8:03 PM

I guess I'm hearing something else.

Yes, he was complimentary of Dabo and the state of the Clemson program, and I think that's because he had no choice.

On the other hand, he still can't give Dabo any credit for maybe, just maaayyyybe, knowing something about football.

This turd also can't understand (and probably never will understand) why good players want to come here. He called Clemson a cow pasture near a lake and doesn't understand why people would want to be here. He even added that Tallahassee has more to offer than Clemson. Like what? More crimes? More student-athletes going to jail? No thanks.

He also just couldn't help himself from saying that free shoes u has always had great coaches and suggesting that they're only used to winning. Really? Is this why Bowden used to volunteer playing road games to try to make a name for their school?

People like him will continue to wonder and remain oblivious to what makes Clemson such a great place to be as a student and student-athlete.

Tallahassee has nice grocery stores...

Feb 25, 2019, 9:42 PM

with free crab legs and craw daddies for Seminole football players. And if you are a starting QB you can do pretty much do whatever you want to females and get away with it, no problemo.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're going to have a hard time just getting to the base

Feb 25, 2019, 8:06 PM

camp the next few years. Don't see 'em reachin' Everest any time soon.

Me neither but it should be fun watching them try.

Feb 25, 2019, 8:11 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2019, 8:26 PM

So start at the 4:35 mark and it will take you past 24 min where they talk Clemson. One is VERY complimentary of Clemson, where the other just doesn't quite get it (pasture by a lake, Tally is better, etc) but overall a great conversation about why Clemson is JUST DIFFERENT.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for posting that. Very interesting to hear how...

Feb 25, 2019, 9:11 PM

...FSU talking heads view the new reality. The discussion about TDP sticking with Dabo in the early years vs what they will do with Taggert in a year or two is fascinating. What a wonderful time to be a Tiger fan!

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

It is. I thought that was very interesting to hear as well***

Feb 26, 2019, 9:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Thanks for posting that. Very interesting to hear how...

Feb 26, 2019, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Thanks for posting that. Very interesting to hear how... ]

I know that Dabo had his detractors....

But after talking with him and listening for 30 seconds, you knew he was EXACTLY what Clemson needed in 2008. He could leave you ready to take on any challenge. While it helped, his attitude bought him his time, not just the 2009 season. You could see a path becoming available in the Tommy bleakness.

I don't know if Taggert has that "attitude" and motivation. He isn't showing it to the community... but they are in a bigger mess than what we had. I don't see Taggerts path.

Feb 26, 2019, 7:47 AM

I liked the part where they were trying to figure out "why" anybody would choose to play football at Clemson over FSU...lol.

They claimed that Clemson is a football program located in a pasture vs. FSU which is located in Tallahassee. Where have we heard that argument before? Big City distraction, crime, etc...always win out over the College-Town experience? I guess Clemson Football didn't get that memo.

Clemson University is a special place that can't be replicated. The campus and the surrounding town are "home" to people and places that are not easy to duplicate. If people make the place then Clemson has it in spades, starting with Dabo. Good luck FSU...sounds like you need it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2019, 9:15 AM

I am "blessed" with having a few FSU folks working with me. Interestingly enough 2-3 years ago the one with the most commitment (ie an FSU-decked RV and traveled) kinda wanted Jimbo gone, or was at least unhappy with him and this was only 2 years removed from the Natty run.

Do they have the patience... actually yes. I think they were expecting something like this post-Bowden but that was delayed. So winning under Jimbo was house money. Not sure if Taggart will get a reprieve if he is 5-7 or even 6-6 w/ bad losses). If he goes 7-5... or better, then I could see him getting 3-5 years unless he regresses severely (goes 4-8: a brad scott season). I think he is a good coach but I do not think he knew that this was a program melting dumpster fire that was left by Jimbo.

Can they climb to catch Clemson.... yeah, potentially quickly. I would give them more hope than Tennessee. They are still a recruiting hotbed with an established winning program that current recruits remember. Now with both Florida under Mullen, and I think Diaz will work at Miami, it might be tough but it is possible with the right folks. The scary part is if they go get another in-conference coach... that if Dino has another good season at the 'Cuse, FSU should set there sites on him. Give Dino some panhandle talent and that would be a scary match.

Feb 26, 2019, 6:57 PM

Willie Taggart is a beloved figure in the Sarasota Manatee area of Florida. Great player and everyone is proud of his rise as a coach. The coaches down here however recognize the unfortunate loyalty that Willie has for all of his old friends. The first thing that he really needs to do is to get rid of all the old friends that got him from Manatee high school to Oregon. Florida State is the big leagues. His Florida state team needs much better coaching and his boosters/assistants/advisors need to select better talent out of the highly ranked 4 star/5 star players down here. Dabo had to get rid of his friends to find Venables and Morris. Dabo always had a keen sense for character/talent ratio. Willie doesn’t seem to have that.
Willie may just not be ruthless enough with his coach and player selection to succeed.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic