Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FFRF / What I know..which isn't a lot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

FFRF / What I know..which isn't a lot

Apr 17, 2014, 5:22 PM

Ok, so I've made a lot of calls today on this, and just tried to get a handle on how all of this works. It's my understanding that for this foundation to bring any kind of legal action, they would have to have a former player/employee/student say they felt discriminated against. The complaint actually started with a resident of the state of South Carolina - none of the above. Which, to me, makes it almost seem like someone who would have a personal reason to go after Dabo...but that's just me.

I would expect that Clemson will send a legal statement of some sort back to this foundation in the next week or saying that there are no issues at Clemson - indeed, a lot of what this group claims simply isn't true. Will that be the end of it? Who knows with these people, but I've got sources in and around the appropriate departments who tell me this is really about "rustling the leaves" and seeing what attention they can draw to themselves and see if maybe someone wants to jump in with them.

So...there ya go.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt it's on the hidden agenda

Apr 17, 2014, 5:29 PM

I don't expect any players to side with the organization. The only former player I can think of that isn't too fond of Clemson right now is Kelly, but I don't believe he has any reason to come after us, the revenge from it wouldn't mean much to him, and all the legal trouble he'd go through wouldn't be worth it.

I think we need to fire our Atheist coach though, just to throw it in their faces.

FIRE JACK! ;)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just as I expected .. The Westboro Baptist of the atheists.***

Apr 17, 2014, 5:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I've looked for someone who had legal standing since

Apr 17, 2014, 5:38 PM

the beginning. Meaning someone who can actual claim harm, directly. Otherwise the most leverage FFRF has is making their case in the public square. Which is basically what they've done.

Call me a cynic (paranoid?), but I won't be surprised if they eventually produce some aggrieved party even if they start out keeping them anonymous. In the past, this organization has found ways to keep their efforts active by trickling out information and by modifying their claims in time.

David, these types of groups often conduct fishing

Apr 17, 2014, 5:44 PM

expeditions...that is, they throw out the bait, hoping to land a fish or two.

I suspect their shackles were first raised when pictures of Nuk's baptism were circulated. Eventually, they were able to manufacture "complaints" from someone, more than likely, an individual(s) with no connection to Clemson but with sympathies toward that group.

The problem always is their lack of tolerance for any opinion differing from theirs, which results in vicious attacks against opponents. I like to refer to them as the ultimate trolls...or self-proclaimed pseudo-intellectuals with brains somewhat near the size of a gnat's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FFRF / What I know..which isn't a lot

Apr 17, 2014, 5:47 PM

As an FYI the CU BOD has a lawyer amongst its members that has been listed by his peers as top 5 litigator in the World...personally I'm not worried as he would chew these morons out and crap them for breakfast without fail,

It's bound to be a Coot

Apr 17, 2014, 5:54 PM

No doubt, some lying, drunk on TV, urinating on Main Street, won't move out of his $15 a night luxury hotel, has wreck at 3AM, suspended 6 times, Coot started this mess.

Re: FFRF / What I know..which isn't a lot

Apr 17, 2014, 6:11 PM

All I know is that this is good pr for Dabo and future recruits moms and dads.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic