Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Watson ranked in Top 5 of Mel Kiper's Big Board
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,150

FB Update: Watson ranked in Top 5 of Mel Kiper's Big Board

May 11, 2016, 11:46 AM

Watson ranked in Top 5 of Mel Kiper's Big Board

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that with posts/articles like this, it should

May 11, 2016, 11:59 AM

include, at least, last year's predictions and results. Preferably the last five years would be included, so we can determine merit based on previous performance. I'll start. He got 2 of the top five right last year. Not bad.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2015/insider/story/_/id/12868907/osu-joey-bosa-tops-mel-kiper-too-early-2016-big-board-nfl-draft

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2016/story/_/id/15440046/nfl-draft-2016-full-results-picks-analysis-order-round-1-7

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think that with posts/articles like this, it should

May 11, 2016, 12:15 PM

well all 5 of them went first round and tonsil and kimdeechee would have gone higher without the baggage that developed during the past season and beyond. not a fan of kiper but he wasn't far off this year.

FWIW, a big board is not the same as a predicted draft order.

May 11, 2016, 3:08 PM [ in reply to I think that with posts/articles like this, it should ]

Kiper and McShay both had Goff and Wentz somewhere around 10th or so on their boards but acknowledged that they would likely go at the top of the draft due to the premium put on the QB position and the level of desperation at certain organizations to find a QB.

Watson at #4 means hes the 1st or 2nd pick.

Deer Mel,

May 11, 2016, 12:43 PM

Please change your name to Eddie Munster and be done with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

If....

May 11, 2016, 4:37 PM

Watson IS going leave after the 2016 season, then I hope he does avoid
the number #1 pick.

Anywhere but Cleveland.

Re: FB Update: Watson ranked in Top 5 of Mel Kiper's Big Board

May 11, 2016, 1:01 PM

I'm still not totally sold on Myles Garrett. He has been a very good player thus far, but if you go back and watch a lot of his numbers over the last two years came against crap teams. Not saying he won't/can't dominate top-tier tackles on a consistent basis but I really want to see him be that monster that everyone talks about him being when he's playing the LSUs, Alabamas, and Ole Miss's of the world.

Re: FB Update: Watson ranked in Top 5 of Mel Kiper's Big Board

May 11, 2016, 3:16 PM

If they both have great years, no way Fournette goes ahead of Watson given the impact of the QB position in today's pro offenses and the length of time QBs last in the league compared to battered RBs.

No RB will ever be the #1 pick again...

May 11, 2016, 4:12 PM

or picked ahead of the #1 QB. Ezekiel Elliott had the good fortune to be drafted by an owner who thinks he is the Most Interesting Man in the World... a team, other than one owned by Jerry Jones, would have to be fortunate enough to already have its QB, LT, WR, and DE of the future already on the roster in order to draft a RB inside the first 5 picks... and Dallas pretty much have these players on the roster, as far as JJones is concerned...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last year a RB was taken in the top five? Other than...

May 11, 2016, 11:06 PM

EE, just curious? The draft gurus mantra for the last five years has been, "Never take a running back in the first round, much less top five. They are disposable commodities in this day and age..." Blah, blah, blah....

Seems that may have changed...or the gurus are wrong...and such...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,150
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic