Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Watson ranked #1 QB for 2017 NFL Draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

FB Update: Watson ranked #1 QB for 2017 NFL Draft

May 22, 2016, 6:33 PM

Watson ranked #1 QB for 2017 NFL Draft

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Watson ranked #1 QB for 2017 NFL Draft

May 22, 2016, 7:33 PM

Hope he goes #1 overall just not to the Browns. Where players careers go to die now a days lol. But I think he can be a great pro QB as well like in college. he's a great kid hope you stay healthy ,have a great season ,and get drafted #1 you deserve it deshaun!! Go Tigers!!!

And in other news, water is wet.

May 23, 2016, 10:24 AM

??

May 23, 2016, 10:44 AM

As we have learned in the past, what ESecPN's Kiper Jr. says don't mean jack chit when it comes to who NFL teams will or want pick. He gets paid to talk about it for esecpn, and NFL teams has their own paid scouts that will give team owners and HC's every piece of information they want or need to know about every college player on or off the market in the next draft. Kiper and his counterparts are simply guessing from the hype or inside info leaked to them in dyer secrecy by scouts that maybe their friends. With a player like a DW#4, a rookie college fan could tell us what Kiper is saying about DW#4.

I do believe that a lot of Juniors listen to much of what the lip flappers like the Mel Kiper's has to say, and simply don't listen to the NFL advisory folks and make bad decision as juniors by leaving to early for the NFL draft and end up not drafted. And it's to late for those players to go back and get that last year they badly needed for a career in the NFL. And there are some Juniors that don't listen to anybody but their family and friends that heard somebody that knows all about the NFL said they were good enough to play in the NFL. I really wish there was a way these kids could back out if they haven't been drafted by the end of the 3d round. But if they choose to sit and wait to be drafted in the 4th round, it's to late for them to back out. Have like a 3d round back away and return to their college for their final year. That would be a great thing for a lot of juniors that made a mistake bc they were lied to or for whatever reason. Call it a 3d round back out option, and give these kids the chance to turn back and finish their college career and education.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2016, 10:53 AM

Unfortunately that would only work if they did NOT sign with an agent. The allure of the almighty $ is too strong there. It's too easy to be tempted to sign with an agent, when he is going to "Loan" you $20,000 -$100,000 up front. Depending on your supposed draft status. Once these kids sign with an agent and take the cash, it's done. I just don't know how you stop that process. I agree. I wish there was a way for these juniors to go back, but it is a very complicated problem due to the money.

May 26, 2016, 10:11 AM

But wouldn't it be great if a rule was put into place to where agents couldn't have any dealing with these kids as an NFL prospect until they were drafted, or if an agent is needed to help a kid in getting a free agent deal. I would bet also there are some owners, coaches, and managers that wouldn't draft a kid bc of the agent they have. I just believe there should be better protection for these "kids" bc at 19/20 years old, they are at a very persuasive age that still need protecting from the agent false promises and tricks of the trade.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2016, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Watson ranked #1 QB for 2017 NFL Draft ]

Yep!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2016, 8:15 PM

Watson really is just that danged good. Such poise and such touch. I never have seen anybody like him in college. We are blessed, and we've got more great QB's coming and in the pipeline. Proud to be a Clemson Tiger!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic