Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Watson on his upcoming NFL decision
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

FB Update: Watson on his upcoming NFL decision

Nov 21, 2016, 3:26 PM

Watson on his upcoming NFL decision

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Watson on his upcoming NFL decision

Nov 21, 2016, 3:46 PM

I would really be surprised if he came back, even tho most experts do have him slipping alil in the draft as oppose to that #1 pick lock he had. Who knows tho, we've been pretty good at getting 1st rd guys to come back for their SR season. Like he said, he loves College football. However, I do think if he wins the Nation Title this year....he's pretty much out lol.

Nov 21, 2016, 3:49 PM

that is what I am thinking as well. He wants to win a National Championship. So if he does win it he's gone if not I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't come back his senior year. Tajh did it, CJ did it, Andrew Luck did it so why not.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The thought of being drafted by the Browns

Nov 21, 2016, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Watson on his upcoming NFL decision ]

is probably terrifying to be honest.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, regardless of whether he's #1 overall, I think

Nov 21, 2016, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Watson on his upcoming NFL decision ]

he's a first-rounder and if he's got a degree and that projection, I don't think he's got a reason to come back.

I get the sense that he really, really wants to bring home a national title and he's leaving the door open if that's the goal we don't accomplish this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That said, Alexander was on giving the same vibe

Nov 22, 2016, 6:59 AM

and he still left last year.

I hope he goes and does well on the next level. Going mid-first round would be better for his career in the long run. Hopefully he sees this is better than having the "status" of #1 overall.

Nov 21, 2016, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Watson on his upcoming NFL decision ]

Last year he was on the cover of Sports Illustrated how many times? Heisman talk the whole season. Jump to this year. He's barely mentioned for Heisman and no covers. Truthfully his stock has fallen because he is not playing as good as he did last year. Not running as much, throwing too many interceptions, bad decisions in general. He will still go high in the draft, but I believe his decision will rest on how many teams are looking for a QB this year, how he plays the rest of the season and if we win the Natty.

Nov 22, 2016, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Watson on his upcoming NFL decision ]

either way, it's all good. Outstanding young man. Go Tigers!

Nov 21, 2016, 4:03 PM

I would love to have him come back for a 4th year like CJ Spiller but think it will depend on three things:

1. His official NFL draft projection
2. His desire to win the Heisman (assuming he doesn't get it this year)
3. His desire to win a national championship (if we don't win it this year)

At the moment, I'm thinking his draft projection may not be as high as he would like and that may be why he is backpedaling a little on his decision to leave for the NFL after this year. His interception record for this year is not exactly great and while he wins games this may be cause for concern from the NFL scouts.

I really like DW4 and think the world of him as a young man, player, and leader on this team. I also want him to make the most money he can in the NFL. As much as he has proven himself last year and this year, I think the next 3 to 4 games will ultimately determine his draft stock. If he lights up the scoreboard and doesn't turn the ball over during this final championship push of the season, I imagine he can solidify his status as a first round draft pick and will leave for the NFL.

I really don't know how much the Heisman and winning a National Championship will weigh into his decision but I tend to think if we win the Natty he will be more inclined to leave.

Ultimately, DW4 will do what is best for him and his family and I wish him all the best with whatever he decides.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2016, 4:23 PM

if his decision to return rests on whether we; {he} wins the national championship; then I think he will be back. I don't think this team will win it all based on this years performance so far. I think we missed our golden opportunity last year. don't get me wrong; I hope we win it all. this team just doesn't look as good as last years team and I know it was supposed to be better; but it hasn't materialized; yet! still time left to get it together. I hope they will and do it. my 2-cents. GO TIGERS!

Next year with Watson would be lights out with a more mature offensive line***

Nov 22, 2016, 9:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember Peyton Manning's decision

Nov 21, 2016, 4:32 PM

I was living in Tennessee at the time. That whole STATE was turned up on it's ear for a couple months. Manning was GONNA be the #1 pick in the draft, no doubt.

As I recall, he waited until Spring Practice (late Feb) to announce. He called a press conference and every TV station interrupted programming to cover it love. Heck, we all stopped work to go to the break room to watch. NOBODY knew what it would be, not sure he even told the coaches.

Manning just loved college football that much, and wanted one more year of it. He turned out OK in the long run. Maybe Watson feels the same emotions.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His stock has dropped according...

Nov 21, 2016, 5:04 PM

to alot of experts, but...I expect a run at the NC, will promote him back to being a TOP pick.

If he's not #1 I'm sure he'll be top 10.

Nov 21, 2016, 5:51 PM

Hard to walk away from that. Either way I appreciate all he's done for Clemson.

Re: If he's not #1 I'm sure he'll be top 10.

Nov 21, 2016, 5:56 PM

I agree and for a kid that grew up in a Habitat home, can you imagine what even 5 million would mean.. not like it wouldnt mean it to me also..lol If he were my son , Id say, thanks son..go get the money while u can. I think T Boyd could have left in his junior year and got guaranteed money but he waited and it cost him . Dwatson should go.. for him and his family, even though id take a week off work to get drunk if he decided to come back.. lol

Nov 21, 2016, 7:21 PM

I won't believe it until I see it, but it is interesting timing. He must be giving it some serious consideration otherwise why bring it up. Anyone that went to Clemson remembers how hard it was to graduate and leave CU behind. I am sure the brotherhood and camaraderie of the football team makes it ten times harder.

I am sure he is gone next year but interesting.

What's up in air? Decision made before 1st game.

Nov 21, 2016, 10:33 PM

DW made it clear even early in the season he is leaving - what is different?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2016, 7:44 AM

I believe he could use another year. If anything, to cut down on the INT's and improve his game overall. The NFL is such a huge difference.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic